aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Australian Yaoi Fans

1. angerbda
    angerbda
    17... Slowly we'll take over the forum... Mwahahahaaaa!!!

... Well, we can still dream (I know, lame joke... I need to sleep a bit )
  2. griDbug
    griDbug
    @shattered: They're pretty fun. I go to a few of them around Australia since I cosplay a lot and stuff. You meet lots of awesome people haha ^_^ Though they're mostly all on the east coast. Though there is one in SA and in Perth I believe. *nods*

@2good: I'm in Toowoomba ^_^ Not that far away from Brisbane. 1.5 hours.

@knickers: Yeah! There are a few - but none are specific yaoi ones. Though there's enough of it at those cons, it's like you don't even need it anyway. 8D At Brisbane's SupaNova in April I'll be doing Aizen/Gin. Last year's manifest I did Inui/Practically every other Prince of Tennis member I could find, and my first SupaNova I dressed up as Oshitari to find a Kikumaru to do Senbatsu pair with. So there's really no shortage of yaoi-age at regular cons, I assure you XDD

Here's a list just so that everyone here is in the know then:
    SupaNova (Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth)
    http://www.supanova.com.au/

AvCon (Adelaide)
    http://www.avcon.org.au/

Animania (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne)
    http://animania.net.au/

Manifest (Melbourne)
    http://www.manifest.org.au/

There you go! ^_^ Hope everyone finds that useful.
  3. angerbda
    angerbda
    Thanks griDbug for all these links... I guess the West and South are not so popular... seeing there is so few events there ... Anyway... we'll enjoy it when times will come
  4. ricca123
    ricca123
    Lolz!
    EASTCOAST FTW!!!! ahahaha (How american does that sound??)
    @knickers: lolllerskates!! I've gave you a nick and it stuck!! (Gomen if you didnt like it....o.O

I don't know ANY girls who like anime that DONT like yaoi... I think its just a given...?
    Am I wrong? (and by 'like' anime, i mean like like anime...heh, none of this "I like anime, I watch digimon every day on Toasted TV!'" gab... lol... not that there is anything wrong with digimon... if youre into that kind...)
  5. knickerbokerchu
    knickerbokerchu
    @ricca123: I think you have to like like anime in Australia in order to actually be exposed to it. It's not really like it's out there all the time and accessable to everyone. Like you said, Digimon (and DBZ, Pokemon & Yuh-gi-oh!) on Toasted TV is about it. If you like anime enough, you have to go and specifically search it out. Well, that's what I always found.

I never even really knew that animes other than DBZ existed really. I hated Pokemon but I quite liked DBZ when I was younger (yes, I am the ripe old age of 23 ^^) and after my interest wained a bit, my little brother liked it and I was searching for some pics for him on the web and came across some general anime sites and I was like (incidentally that's also how I came across yaoi). The only other anime I had ever watched before then was a really old series made in 1982 which wasn't your typical anime anyway (but was and still is the best animation of any kind I have ever watched in terms of story etc). I still don't watch a lot of anime, but I love and own Saiyuki, Ruroni Kenshin, Loveless, Weiss Kreuz (a guilty obsession of mine) and a couple of others. A girl in my scanlation group recently recommended Bleach, so I might try that at some stage too.

After all that waffle, I guess my point is, you really have to go searching for anime in this country and you have to pay through the nose! (although I did get the complete series of Ruroni Kenshin second hand from ebay for about $20.00!).

And go the nick! I'm not sure why I didn't just have knickers as my username instead of the long one no-one can remember!

@griDbug: thanks for the info!
  6. griDbug
    griDbug
    Actually that is the problem in this country - even moreso for people like me who are artists of the anime variety. Incidentally I am trying to set up the first EVER OEL manga publishing company in Australia and am searching for some good talent to publish ^_^

The only other group that I know of here that publishes OEL are a group called OzTaku and trust me, they're not worth the time of day at the moment. All the comic store owners I've talked to say 'yeah, we'd stock it - but they don't get off their asses and get the copies to us, so it never goes anywhere, even if they do contact us asking'. I'm sick of there not being a manga and doujinshi culture here and I really am sick of waiting for someone else to start it.

So, if anyone knows some good talent / investors... point them my way? ^_^;

@Knickers: You're not that old dammit. If you're old then I'm old >.< *is turning 22 this year*
  7. shattered
    shattered
    oh man the non stop rain rain rain thats in sydney ... i shouldnt complain since rain = good, but after 5 days straight it just starts to dampen the mood >_>

@griDbug ~ thanks for the info! oh hey cool! would you minding post pics of your aizen/gin cosplay? or just the costume if your dont want a photo of you

edit ~ what is OEL?

@ricca ~ the ONLY girl i know who like likes anime was the one who got me hooked (in order of chronology):
    1) ouran <--- funny shojo which had a hint of twincest and shota
    2) gravitation <--- funny shounen ai with a hint of yaoi
    3) yaoi in general
    see a trend here? )she tried to get me into hard gay too but ... that was just not to my taste O_o)

i liked anime when i started, but my experience was warped coz i saw neon genesis first on sbs and then watched bits of sailor moon on ... agro? i think it was the channel 7 morning kids show ... geez it feels like a looooong time ago
  8. lebanax
    lebanax
    Wow... 17 members! I'm so happy. I bet there are more closet fellow aussies around!
    I really can't follow the conversations on here... (but I'll do my best) ^^ Probably because I'm in a grouchy mood because I had to start uni today and the weather was DISGUSTING! lol

@knickerbokerchu:
    Totally agree. If your not into anime I have no idea how you would get to yaoi first... especially in Australia of all places. I remember when I first came across yaoi... O.O...

@griDbug:
    Hmmmm.... I didn't even know that anime conventions even existed in Australia. Oh dear. XD
  9. griDbug
    griDbug
    @shattered: Sure things, when I do it XD I think my costume should be ready by feb 25th. But Aizen/Gin (plus about 17 other Bleach cosplayers in our group) won't happen until April this year. Oh and it's Hueco Mundo Aizen and Gin, you know because evil is cool and all that shit. XD

@Lebana: Yeah, it's not a big thing here, but man the people that DO go there are quite a lot that turn out for it. You should pop into one near you *nods*

And my first yaoi (I mean hardcore) was HERE at Aarin - despite being into shounenai at about...hmm... 13? Though that was because my friends in Japan had sent me a cute shounen ai comic and I had no idea where to get any more of it or what it was. Anyway I was directed to a manga called 'Chintsubu' and I was never the same again. We can all thank AikoAiko for that one XD
  10. souritsu
    souritsu
    Hi everyone~ I only just found out about this group now ^^;
    It's so nice to get to know yaoi fans in close vicinity, 'cause for as long as I can remember, Australia has been seriously lacking some BL atmosphere.
    Oh, I'm from Sydney and I hope we can all have a group meet-up someday at a convention ^__^
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast