aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

BLEACH

1. shattered
    shattered
    @hatti ... lets just say that byakuya without okiayu ryoutarou-sama is just not byakuya ...
  2. CelticMist
    CelticMist
    yeah, let's be honest, dub voices are distroying the whole image of the character. ><
  3. staces
    staces
    I'm not entirely opposed to the concept of dubbing, in general (most Miyazaki dubs are awesome) but the Bleach dub in particular sucks ass. Mostly because Ikkaku's voice is so damn WRONG for him. And Yuimichika, while sounding gay as all hell, just doesn't sound beautiful. =<

On the brightside, I think that Zaraki's dub voice isn't so bad, and I must admit I LOVE Ishida's dub. ^^ Orihime's dub voice is full of barf. She sounds bitchy a lot of the time. Love her or hate her, one thing Orihime is NOT is bitchy. >< Renji's dub is likewise full of barg.

Ganju's dub = WIN.
  4. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I heard a smidget of Ganju's dub and thought it was acceptable (which is pretty good for me XD) but yeah, the others, just ridiculous! Admittedly, it was hard hearing them talking in English when the characters were obviously meant to speak in Japanese (it's sort of a Memoirs of a Geisha type thing; remember all the hubbub about having Chinese actress who speak English playing Japanese women?). And, let's face it, the Americans CANNOT pronounce the names. Look, I haven't been schooled in how to speak the language, but I can roll my r's and *gasp* I'm NOT EVEN a professional voice actor. "Rukia" is not hard to say. It is not, for the record, pronounced "ROOO-kee-uh". Gahhhh.

There are good dubs out there ... the Saiyuki dub (first season) and the guy who did Spike in Cowboy Bebop as well as Mugen in Samurai Champloo. You mentioned Miyazaki but ew, ew, EW the dubs for Howl's Moving Castle are awful! They didn't even pick professional voice actors ... they picked "actors."
  5. staces
    staces
    Well, Miyazaki in general. ^^;; I have to say, Princess Mononoke the dub kicks the ass of the original Japanese version. I almost exclusively watch subs, but I LOVELOVELOVE the PM dub to death! XD
  6. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Mhmm, oh yeah, PM was really good! I never even watched the subs
  7. shattered
    shattered
    mononoke, one of my favouritest anime movies of all time! i watched the first time on tv with the english dub and then bought the dvd but i havent ever watched the jap audio, i guess sometimes they do well with the dub. its hard to do a good dub sometimes because japanese is singular staccato-ish sounds stringed together whereas English is more flowly. and in animes the sounds is slowly right down so you can actually hear the individual syllables, so if translated, it could sound reeaaaally slow in English ... and thus not that good >_<
  8. staces
    staces
    I agree 100&#37;. I hate it when people who hate subs think that sub fans are being snotty and denying that American VAs have talent. I think that there are soooo many talented American VAs, but they have all the things you pointed out against them when going into a dubbing project.

With the PM original Japanese version (my favorite anime movie too!) the cast was just soooooo incredibly bland. There like wasn't much feeling to anything. Usually there's more emotion in the originals but that movie was just an exception. XD
  9. annieroo2
    annieroo2
    ROFL! I must have a really high pain threshold because for the most part dubs have never bothered me. Ok Kira's dub voice sucks ass and Yumichika's & Hitsugaya's make me cringe, but for the most part I've gotten used to all the others. And I actually loved Johnny Yong Bosch long before I'd ever heard him as Ichigo so that didn't hurt any. Besides my husand won't watch it subbed and I want him to love it as much as I do. You have to hear the dub voices on the Wii Bleach game anyway, so I was glad i was used to them when I got it. Makes the game much more fun.

I absolutely love the Howl's Moving Castle dub. Christian Bale's voice always does evil things to my libido. And besides everytime I hear Calcifer's Japanese voice actor it makes me want to take an ice pick to my ears I hate it that much.

The Princess Mononoke dub is especially nice though and they did a good job with Sprited Away, but then Disney dubs those and they have the money to do it right.

You know I've never even met anyone who hates subs. I must live a sheltered life. Most of my friends and people I chat with all love subs and many even tolerate dubs to some extent. I tend to find the ire of sub fans much worse. I have been insulted so many times for admitting to watching dubs that i quit counting.

I think maybe because I have kids I'm just not that picky. If I get to watch any anime all I count myself lucky. Although i have to admit everytime I watch Tactics on the Sci Fi Channel I cringe a little at the horrible dub.
  10. chamorrican56
    chamorrican56
    everyone

im a newbie (so pls be gentle ...) how is everyone?
Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast