aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Sugiki Shinya (L4)Suzuki Shinya (L4)(S035) Hisoka
    Renshou (L4)Houju (L9)Masrur (L8)
    Seijuurou Mikoshiba (L8)Kise (L8)Imayoshi Shoichi (L3)
    Has to say that people shouldn't download any virus programs from internet. Especially those that say that you have virus and to get it off, you should download certain program.

Only places that you can download virus program is from known virus companies and their site that you know 100% to be their site!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

How to spot a malware program, because sometimes they are hard to spot and how to prevent it:

spotting:
    These so called virus and malware removers will always tell you that you have been infected with over 9000 viruses even when you are certain you have nothing on you puter infected. It is something programmed in the adds if you go for a free online scan.
    They will always try and force you to pick their product by for example linking you to their page, I've had tons of sites that I would visit that would have them in an add and it would redirect me to their free online scanning website and it was always a pain to get of it cause the redirection made it sort of impossible to visit the previous page.

Thirdly, the annoying ones that get on your PC and stick in your system and tell you thatyou have been infected. I was reinstalling my Windows because of a downloader bot and when installing Comodo I suddenly gained a big red "!" in my taskbar warning me that I could be infected, if I were to click it I would be linked to their online scannign page. No worries, as long as you don't download their scanner you're fine and a quick search with HijackThis allows you to remove it, that or in savemode Malwarebytes.

Never trust a virus/maleware scan that tells you your system is worse than it is, that is the most important lesson of all.

Preventing trojans from getting into your system when I accidentally visit an unsafe website:
    Several things, Avast has a good website scanner that warns you if a website is insecure and it will block access to it right away.
    Other important thing, Firefox has Add Block Plus, which is a good add blocking program that you can configure the way you want to. For example, I don't want to see the header of this forum ever again when I visit, I block it =D

I've been infected, now what:
    Several steps, if you are not good with computers and viruses there are good sites that will help you out, one of them is this group from the Hijack This squad

English-Help

Register, read their rules and post your problem and they will help you out with even the most severe problems.

Secondly, run scans with your anti virus and malware scanner:
    recommended virus scanners:
    AVG, Avast and Nod32 (in order of best -> bestest. why Avast better than AVG, it scans for viruses in your autorun for your usb sticks, AVG doesn't and I had to play with the consequence of that)
    Recommended malware scanner:
    Malwarebytes (its free, easy to use and allows scripting)
    Recommended registry fixer:
    RegistryBooster 2 (not free, but it can be if you know what I mean)
    Recommended big red alert button:
    Combofix, the last resort if nothing else works and all of the above fail then use Combofix. It is one hell of a rocket punch for viruses despite its DOS looks. But what it lacks in looks it adds in firepower

That was my quick guide to the internetz =)

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

^ Good advice, Karuma. ^^

Also, don't forget - never click on ads or pop ups! D:
    If you get a pop up, never ever ever click inside the pop up to close it! For example, if the popup has a graphic [x] or "close this window", don't use those! Clicking inside of a pop up window is just asking for trouble - by clicking, you may be giving your browser permission to download and even run a malicious program. If you're using Windows, close pop up boxes by right-clicking their bar in the windows taskbar (that bar on the bottom of your screen where all of the current programs are shown). After right-click, you should be able to choose 'Close'. Alt+F4 is also an option.

And yes, please, run an antivirus program at all times. It's silly not to - there are many trustworthy antivirus programs available for no cost. Avast is my personal recommendation, but it's not the only one out there. They can't catch everything, but they'll protect you from a large percentage of what's out there.

If you ever suspect your computer has been attacked, seek help as soon as possible. Just like with viruses living things catch, the earlier you detect the problem, the more likely you'll be able to save your computer from reformat.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gokudera (L10)Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)
    Colonello (L5)Fon (L10)Reborn
    Gamma (L1)Suzuki-sanHibari (L2)
    i had my cousin tell me this got her computer and Messed it all up... I'm always really careful(well most of the time) I only have a few select sites i actually visit. Thanks for the heads up I will be even more careful now.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)(S053) Victor NikiforovFlower 1 (Pink)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    (S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S054) Prompto Argentum(S055) Doumeki

My post count never increases

Hi, I joined in 2006, and quickly noticed that my posts weren't being counted. I was away for awhile, and did stop posting for a long time (except for thanks, which don't count), but recently started again, enthusiastic about getting involved to collect points for cards.

But my post count still does not change...

Wait, it just rolled one! Maybe only certain kinds of posts count?
    Last edited by kinsugi; 03-24-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Itachi (L10)Loki (L9)Rufus (L9)
    Sasuke (L10)Loki (L10)Edward Kenway (L8)
    Claude (L10)Connor Kenway (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

Quote Originally Posted by kinsugi View Post
    Hi, I joined in 2006, and quickly noticed that my posts weren't being counted. I was away for awhile, and did stop posting for a long time (except for thanks, which don't count), but recently started again, enthusiastic about getting involved to collect points for cards.

But my post count still does not change...

Wait, it just rolled one! Maybe only certain kinds of posts count?
    Huh,I think you are in the wrong thread for that,and second,in certain sections of the forum,the posts don't count (i.e:communaute cafe)

If you want to learn more points and cards,you can join the contests,in the contest and trivia section or post a wishlist for the cards you want,or you can always try the giveaways
    Last edited by itasasu87; 03-24-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Yukio (L7)Heart 1 (Red)Rin (L7)
    Shiki (L2)Akira TnC (L1)Rai Lamento (L9)
    Ryohei S (L6)Yamamoto (L1)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    Thanks for this warning !!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kamui G (L2)Squalo (L2)Xanxus (L8)
    Yuuri (L2)Mukuro (L1)Honey (L2)
    My brother has, like, 6 of those fake virus scan programs on his computer, but they haven't done anything to it yet.

I've always been careful about those, but now I'll be even more careful. Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kyouya (L3)KumaguroMiyagi (L5)
    Iwaki (L6)Dee (L3)Gojyo (L1)
    Jin (L5)Japan (L4)Germany (L1)
    Deviant Art has a few malware ones right now that is incripted in their ads. If you aren't a paying member you COULD get hit with it and it's pretty bad.

I say open up sites in safe mode or Ubunto if you have it.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Imagase (L8)Kyouichi (L8)Mookyul (L10)
    (S015) EwonSougo (L7)Shiki (L9)
    (S093) Jang Jaeyoung(S094) Chu SangwooSeimei (L8)
    So I had this huge problem with this "anti-virus" saying I had many viruses... and it wouldn't let me use any of my programs, and my anti-virus wouldn't catch it, but in reality it's a scam trying to get you to purchase it.... my friend Nait helped me and I would like to give you guys my solution, I hope it helps.
    What this programs does:

Antispyware Soft is a rogue from the same family as Antivirus Soft and Antivirus Suite. This rogue is promoted through malware that will install the program on to your computer without your permission or knowledge. In fact, when the program is installed it will stay running in the background and perform no actions until some later date when it then starts to display its warnings and program screen. This program is also configured to start automatically when Windows loads, and once running, will scan your computer and state that your computer has numerous infections. If you try to remove any of these infections, though, the program will not allow it until you purchase the program. This is a scam, as the infections this program displays do not actually exist on your computer. Instead they are being showed to scare you into purchasing it.

Remove Antispyware Soft (Uninstall Guide)

I followed the instructions and it did work, I am thankful. ^^ XD

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast