aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Taki (L9)Aizen (L1)Charley (L8)
    Sebastian (L13)Masato (L7)Fei Long (L10)
    Akihito (L10)Hollow Ichigo (L9)Taki (L10)

@Karuma & ItachiRules: Thanks for all your advice and all done now.
    I just format my computer because it seems the virus that attacked my computer was infected my C drive and boot drive.
    According to my technician, he said that the virus is one of the type that will destroy all of my program and that it already embedded in my C drive. Fortunately it didn't infected my D drive where I keep and saved all of my data, but still I copied all the data on my D drive and then format it all again. I hope with this all the virus problem can be solved.

Problem solved for now and I hope forever. Next time I will make sure to be more careful before opening any folder if I downloaded something.

Thank you once again for all your nice advice and have a great day!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Imagase (L8)Kyouichi (L8)Mookyul (L10)
    (S015) EwonSougo (L7)Shiki (L9)
    (S093) Jang Jaeyoung(S094) Chu SangwooSeimei (L8)
    I would also recommend buying an external hard-drive this way you can keep all of data saved and if something were to happen to your computer for any reason you have that as an insurance, it's worth the money if you ask me. ^^

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

About the last few posts regarding computers shutting down or booting:
    Shutting down: does not have to be caused by a virus, specially if you are using a laptop: your laptop will shut down if it gets overheated a way to prevent it is by cleaning it out (air vents etc.) from any dust.
    Booting up can be caused by several: can be a motherboard problem, something in your bios (I do not exclude virus but in many cases a virus does worse things than just boot up your computer).

@mokona666
    If it was just a flash vid then there's a high chance you didn't get infected:
    Those online malware scanners work like this: you either get redirected to a page where you see somethign scan and see that you have supposedly have over 100 problems with your computer and need their help, if you then click on something that indicates you want their help then the malware will install.
    Another is pop ups, but mostly it is redirects.
    Avast usually blocks those incoming site malwares however nothing is perfect against it: people need to learn to use addblockers and stop using that crappy internet explorer which hardly has any security at all.
    As for myself I run zonealarm, avast free and use firefox with the Addblockplus addon (I haven't been bothered by virusses for over 5 years now).

As for the mac respondant here: most virusses are made for windows and exploit the fact that windows users can enter the registry and adjust/repair/install parts themselves. Since a mac is completely shut off from any user interferance and is only accesable by Apple employes who literally have your computer in possession (because no outsider can enter a Mac's registry, some like it I for one don't) many virusses fail to work, they cannot even see the registry like the user can't either.
    So basically said the lack of user freedom causes a mac to be virus free, however there have been cases in which people made virusses for macs but since it isn't easy there are only very few and chances are low you'll get infected (unless of course you open things like your_favourite_movie.exe). The problem just remains that Apple's policy sucks (double the prize tag for parts, when something breaks you can't fix it yourself and just about anything is overprized if you look at what the hardware is actually worth it. In other words no freedom or opinion by the users).
    Last edited by KarumA; 05-16-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Imagase (L8)Kyouichi (L8)Mookyul (L10)
    (S015) EwonSougo (L7)Shiki (L9)
    (S093) Jang Jaeyoung(S094) Chu SangwooSeimei (L8)
    I personally love avast, and love chrome, firefox was not working for my aesthetic, but yes everything you've said it's correct, I'd like to to buy a mac then compare it throughout now .hm.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Annie SnK (L7)Hange SnK (L7)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Ryūko (L8)Spacer 1Satsuki KLK (L9)
    (S076) SilverAsh(S054) Prompto Argentum(S074) Akihiko Kaji
    Yeah, as mentioned before, it's extremely common for banners posing as antivirus to contain malware. Same with banners posing to be screensavers, ringtones, etc.

What I do is use Adblock Plus in Firefox to hide pretty much all banners. All I need to worry about then is files I choose to download, and possibly torrents.

Thundur Hospital
    Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    As for the mac respondant here: most virusses are made for windows and exploit the fact that windows users can enter the registry and adjust/repair/install parts themselves. Since a mac is completely shut off from any user interferance and is only accesable by Apple employes who literally have your computer in possession (because no outsider can enter a Mac's registry, some like it I for one don't) many virusses fail to work, they cannot even see the registry like the user can't either.
    So basically said the lack of user freedom causes a mac to be virus free, however there have been cases in which people made virusses for macs but since it isn't easy there are only very few and chances are low you'll get infected (unless of course you open things like your_favourite_movie.exe). The problem just remains that Apple's policy sucks (double the prize tag for parts, when something breaks you can't fix it yourself and just about anything is overprized if you look at what the hardware is actually worth it. In other words no freedom or opinion by the users).
    Thanks, this is really good to know. I'm actually a pretty computer retarded person and I generally just don't like babying it or doing internal fiddlings with it - I only use it for distinct first degree purposes, so I'm not really complaining about the apparent lack of freedom. Agree about the ridick prices though. /:

hideyuki
    Quote Originally Posted by gollumsfriend View Post
    mokona.....if the virus started running a scan all by itself, then it slipped past your lines of defense already and was too late. Follow the steps in the OP for what to do. Either turn off your modem immediately, or turn off the pc immediately, then run full scans to check things out after you reboot.
    Oh my gosh! now I'm scared to death because I'm in the same situation as mokona. This happened already like 4 times, it could have been months ago and last week. I was looking for pictures and when i saw one I liked I'd click on it, immediately another window would come up scanning my computer saying that it's infected. I immediately closed those windows and nothing else happened so I continued with my normal 'activities'.

And I came upon this thread now which describes exactly what has happened, however, my computer doesn't show any signs of weird behavior...but you're saying that if it started running a scan by itself then it's too late

I have Comodo which has saved my computer before, and am running a full scan right now. I also use firefox and never was bothered by pop ups....

You all have been a great help, I'm downloading the malwares/pop ups blocker just in case.
    Last edited by hideyuki; 05-18-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Iwaki (L6)Ewon (L2)Charley (L2)
    Yonekuni (L1)Vash the Stampede (L1)Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)
    Nishi (L1)Aizawa (L5)Kusaka (L7)
    If anyone is worried about banners and ads in general firefox with default popup blocker works a charm, but you can also get an add-on called Add Blocker Plus - and you can download different filters - this will effectively block 99% of adverts, banners and additional popup content the regular firefox filter doesent.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011