aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Katou (L6)Bak Chan (L2)Hijikata HK (L1)
    Urahara (L4)Havi (L6)Lockon (L2)
    Hijikata (L8)Takumi (L8)Tsuzuki (L8)

I got it several times last year through some LJ page but I managed to close the browser in time.

There was one that was really bad. Sorry I don't remember the name. My brother got it somehow. One day it just showed up on the screen and took over everything. We couldn't do anything, couldn't browse, couldn't close down the browser, no taskbar, mouse did no longer work.All we could do was like letting that darn program scanned the computer and we must buy its program.So we took the extream measure to force close down the computer. But when we started the computer again it took only about 30 second or something to come back and took control over the computer again. I checked for the solution on Google and follow the some advice from some kind soul to take it away. I think he got it through some Asian chat forum or Game forum.

I did try some cyber defender program but when I saw that it counted some Window program as malware so I stopped. I use free version of Avast and so far I have no problem with anything. Norton is great too but I find them make the computer rather slow but I could be wrong though.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Well... just as a heads up, attacks can be triggered without you knowing it at some points...

I had to reinstall my computer last week, and no need to say I had really few activities in Internet... only regular browsing... but also a (almost) intensive use of uTorrent and Grabit applications (and usually whatever is downloaded via these is checked for viruses/malwares before being run on the computer).
    The comp was just getting slower and some weird process were running... asking rights to connect to Internet... But my antivirus did not detect anything, malwarebite was finding threat but when removing it made all crashed and recovery necessary... It is in fact the "Windows action center" (part of security tools by default in Win7... I don't know how it was working for previous version) that alerted me...

So... I just found (last week then) about this news which is weeks older however...
    Windows DLL load hijacking exploits go wild - Computerworld

No need to say, I did double check on all applications I had and did update them when recommended... The first being uTorrent :0
    uTorrent Quickly Patches Windows DLL Vulnerability | TorrentFreak

i don't know yet for other applications... I will have to check...

Anyone had found specific apps to be updated or downgraded for security purpose?
    Last edited by angerbda; 09-21-2010 at 04:29 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aizen (L1)Hijikata HK (L1)Itoshiki (L1)
    Saitou HK (L1)Shusei UB (L1)Aidou (L3)
    Byakuya  (L3)Sebastian (L6)Aki (L7)
    just a quick add, sometimes these viruses manipulate adobe flash to find they're way on ur comp. This is how it happened to me, I went to a website like normal, computer froze, then I had some random issue with my adobe flash plug in.....BAM internet security Virus, had to do a system restore couldn't even get into task manager. So pls make sure your computer and your adobe flash, java, etc are always updated.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

(S094) Chu SangwooFree Dolphin(S093) Jang Jaeyoung
    (S053) Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    YuYang (L3)Free SharkLiHuan (L3)
    Ohh.. I see. I remember this virus. My cousin got this virus and she asked me fixed her computer. Avast didn't work or any anti-virus, but there is one anti-virus that got rid of it and it's MALWAREBYTES. I got rid of all 800+ viruses from the computer and it went back to normal again.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

My father got something quite similar (an "anti-virus" that installed itself without my father's agreement) and was always saying his computer was infected (of course, it's the virus itself rofl). We then checked all processes, found the ones from that virus, checked the paths, deleted the processes, then deleted all the folders of the virus.

No problems after that.

Viruses can be so annoying sometimes...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S053) Victor NikiforovRamen 1Yuri Katsuki (L7)
    Strawberry Cake 1Xmas (006)Strawberry Roll 1
    Xmas (014)Xmas (009)Nyanko

I only had this problem when I used a computer without anti virus

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Fuuma (L5)Kamui (L7)Nowaki (L3)
    Hiroki (L4)Subaru (L2)Seishirou (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysterics View Post
    On a(ny) site that is more prone to ad popups, huh? I guess I have to watch out. D:
    i got it from LJ and u know LJ doesnt have much pop-ups

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(Event) Forum - Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(Event) Forum - Yuri Katsuki
    Wing 1 (Left)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Wing 1 (Right)
    Noeru (L11)Rey (L3)DS_006_right

I never seen pop-ups on lj.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Kotetsu (L2)Heart 1 (Red)Barnaby (L2)
    Natsumi (L9)Flower 1 (Pink)Fei Long (L8)
    Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 1 (Blue)Wei Ying / Wei WuXian (L9)

Thanks for your information.
    I think I had it on my computer, but maybe it was another thing.
    There was a anti virus software which appeared suddenly. I was sure that this "anti virus software" was a virus so I closed all my programms and shut the computer down. I was not able to remove the virus so I didn't started my computer for two weeks. After two weeks I started it again and the virus was gone! As suddenly as it appeared. I don't know what happened there, maybe the anti virus software "Kaspersky" was able to remove the virus. I'm really not sure.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gin (L2)Genesis (L5)Hyorinmaru (L1)
    Saga (L1)Kanda (L8)Albafica (L1)
    I think the same thing happened to my cousin when she was going through her college website to turn in her work and it completely crashed her computer. She had to call up her teacher and tell him about it and he said to bring in her computer and he'll fix it for free..... As for me nothing has happened to me yet *knocks on wood* then again anywhere you go on the net you're bound to get a virus, even on the most trusted ones that are virus free.

This goes to show that people who makes these viruses seriously have no life whatsoever.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast