aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Expert

Savings

Natsume (L10)Dino (L9)Karina (L2)
    Souji P4 (L2)Gipsy Danger (L3)Rin (L9)
    Haru Yoshida (L2)Shizuo (L8)Masamune (L1)
    Oh, I've gotten something like that before. I actually clicked on it, and it took both me and my father a while to try and clean my computer of it.

It can usually come on any type of website- usually I get those kinds of thing from Facebook, though. D: Now I know better and just shut down the website manually, without clicking on anything. You don't have to shut down your computer completely, but it's probably a good idea to check your REAL virus scanner afterwards.

My dad installed this program call Kaspersky on my computer, and it does a good job at telling you that something tried to access your files and whatnot; though all those little notices can get annoying...

Probably the best way to tell if a computer scanning program pops up, but it looks legit, and you happen to click you want your computer scanned, is if it asks you for your credit card #; I doubt a real virus scanning program from Anti-Virus or Ad Aware would want that from you.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Gray (L9)Heart 1 (Blue)Natsu (L7)
    Suzaku (L4)Pray for Japan(S003) Lelouch
    PikachuRin (L9)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    Does anyone who's posted in this topic use Spybot S&D?

And how many of you are using 32-bit systems?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Hisoka (L4)Shiki (L3)Kyon (L3)
    Norio (L2)Kamui (L7)Shirogane (L9)
    Kurama (L7)Taki (L2)Ruruka (L4)
    ....It shure wasn't. (I bite)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S006) Klaus(S007) Reborn(S008) Shuichi
    KumaguroDante (L9)Stein (L1)
    (S002) Misaki(S003) Lelouch
    thanks for the heads up. although i mostly browse with my desktop which runs ubuntu (yay linux! yay having not many viruses that affect me!), i use windows mostly on my laptop. i would hate to have something happen to my laptop after i finally got around to installing windows 7 and reinstalling all the programs i need for my classes . so thank you ^_^

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Kanda (L8)Sasuke (L12)Hiei (L2)
    Seto (L7)Bakura (L10)Vincent (L8)
    Marik Ishtar (L10)Motonari (L8)Sasuke (L7)

Quote Originally Posted by Zxien View Post
    Does anyone who's posted in this topic use Spybot S&D?
    I use it, but I haven't gotten this virus yet. I do know if you have Teatimer running (Spybot-SD Resident) then it'll notify you if anything attempts to change your registry. So if SD pops up warning about an attempt to change something, say "No!" and go on about your business. ^^; I stopped a lot of attempted changes on my old computer with that. Seems pretty reliable.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Izaya (L3)Alucard (L3)Asami (L5)
    Gunji (L6)(S022) IasonSebastian (L6)
    Thanks for the warning!

MemeX2
    Oh, not another one... Thanks for the heads up. *hides behind Norton*

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Barnaby (L2)Kotetsu (L2)Josef (L2)
    Ginji Amano (L10)Sinbad (L9)Jousuke (L2)
    Kanji P4 (L1)Alibaba (L6)Yosuke P4 (L1)

I told my sister about it, and it actually turns out that I actually caught the virus on my computer I wasn't the one using the computer at that moment so I didn't realize the "Internet Security" thing was the cause of my computer to be infected. Didn't have exactly the same symptoms, but I had it apparently. I was about wanting to reformat the computer anyway, so I think we got rid of it that way (or my brother removed it).

As for how we got it... it was a totally random site, I think my sis was on About.com or something we think as "harmless." I don't think she was even browsing actively when it popped up :\ If it were to happen again... that wouldn't be any good XD
    Last edited by blu chocobo; 01-30-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Itachi (L10)Loki (L9)Rufus (L9)
    Sasuke (L10)Loki (L10)Edward Kenway (L8)
    Claude (L10)Connor Kenway (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

thanks for the warning^^

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by maguscrowley View Post
    I use ubuntu and gentoo linux with firefox+noscript. Both kernels have RBAC and SELinux modules in them. My linksys router is hacked to work as a linux firewall, and my iptables are pretty strict because I hardly run any services. There's a virus scanner (which is just there for the 1/10^6 chance someone makes a linux virus for desktop users) and intrusion detection system that checks my logs for suspicious activity.

Must suck to use winblows
    That's fine for those who loves Lisux! Personnaly, I hate Ubunto and the others O.S. (which I do not even remember the names). I tried them at school, and it was totally bad! Windows is much more convivial and interesting to use.

Even if the viruses are made for Windows, I get infected less than one time per year (when it's time to reformat it anyway). I'm really secure on the Web (I don't go to untrusted websites and such) and I have an anti-virus just in case... It didn't do anything for the last 9 months approximately for now. Not even a warning or anything detected with scans.

But that virus seems to bypass my secure surfing. It seems to pop up from nowhere... I'll watch it out. But I will never freak out by a virus. C'mon, it's a computer virus! You won't die from that! As for me, I didn't get anything yet, and my computer is still active 24h/24. I will continue as if there was nothing. I think I'll backup some completed animes for now in case something happens (which I still doubt)...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast