aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    Okay, so let me get this straight -- instead of "raw" and "subbed" threads, we will have "spoilers" and "no spoilers" threads?
    Yes, that's what I thought.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    Yes, that's what I thought.
    Hmm, okay So if I watched only subbed series I would post in the "no spoilers" thread?

Isan
    I don't really think a spoiler free thread would change anything though imo....
    Since you said that the spoiler free thread would have spoilers still but they should be tagged. So it wouldn't really be spoiler free then, no?

I don't know but the raw and subbed threads made a lot more sense to me
    Since I really think both discussions shouldnt be going on at the same time and even the spoiler free thread wouldn't stop people from talking about the later episodes.

And though you say "go ahead and make another thread" I don't think this is allowed (to have 2 threads for the same thing) so shouldn't we wait to see what the mods say about it first before starting that?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    And though you say "go ahead and make another thread" I don't think this is allowed (to have 2 threads for the same thing) so shouldn't we wait to see what the mods say about it first before starting that?
    Yes, I've been waiting all this time for some notice by staff members ... three days ago, I started this thread. I guess everyone is busy.

But I don't want to take any measures without the backing of the staff. I'll not become a vigilante task force here on aarin ... I don't feel I have that responsibility or that right.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Spacer 1Nidaime, Tobirama Senju (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Minato (L6)Spacer 1
    Levi SnK (L8)Mahiro Fuwa (L2)Yogi (L1)

It really saddens me to know that many of you have stopped visiting the animes/mangas discussion threads for fear of being spoiled. It's really nice to exchange opinions in a civilized way. That's why I try so hard to use spoiler tags, and sometimes over do it.
    Even so, I don't think having 2 threads for spoiled and not spoiled series would work. The creators of the thread should specify in the title if the spoilers are allowed or not, and if they are, then people should be careful when going through the posts (yeah, that'll be easy ). Maybe we could PM the people who spoil and if they don't get the message, just notify the mods.
    It's only my humble opinion.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by flordepp View Post
    Even so, I don't think having 2 threads for spoiled and not spoiled series would work.
    Why? Haven't seen a good reason for this argument

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Spacer 1Nidaime, Tobirama Senju (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Minato (L6)Spacer 1
    Levi SnK (L8)Mahiro Fuwa (L2)Yogi (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    Why? Haven't seen a good reason for this argument
    Cause, saddly enough, people will keep spoiling in spoiler free threads, even though they're told not to do so. Just as people don't read the first post when they're told to.
    Last edited by flordepp; 05-18-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Fuji
    I think one thread is best because the spoiler problem can be dealt with if rules are enforced to keep the spoilers under a spoiler cut. I agree that clear outlining of what constitutes as spoilers in the rules is a good idea, and if someone accidentally spoils, report it to a mod who can deal with it.

If you have 2 threads, that's double the threads that need moderating, and honestly if you want to separate RAW from subbed, then you'll need to separate those who keep up with the latest episode and those who are trying to catch up but still want to chat. Making a "subbed only" thread may give the forumers a false impression that they can be more lax with spoilers as long as the episode has been subbed. This way, there will be two threads that are great for people who keep up with the raw and keep up with the subs right away, but it alienates everyone who is a little bit slower, or even a week behind. On the other hand, if you keep it all in one thread, but enforce strictly the use of spoiler tags, everyone can join in the discussion without fear of too major spoilers.

If one is afraid of minor spoilers, then they probably shouldn't view the thread until they've watched the latest episode, but that only puts them behind on the discussion for a week or half a week. But those who are okay with minor spoilers but hate major spoilers would be able to participate if everyone just used spoiler tags.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I don't know. I just don't know what to do. I go to the Gintama thread for instance and it is still loaded with spoilers. A detailed runthrough of the most recent raw episode, in fact. I can't just neg rep everyone in that thread. I would feel like a complete asshole.

But if that is the only thread where we can discuss Gintama, that's what I have to do, right? Is that what you guys are saying?

If anything, all that would do is wreck my relationship with most of the Gintama fans here on aarinfantasy. I don't want to do that.

I'm not worried about doubling the amount of threads that need moderating. If that is an issue for the mods, then they will say something about it (one would assume). But so far, no mods have responded to this thread, so I'm not sure what to think. At least a quick note to say that the topic has been noted and they'll get back to us ... yes, that would be nice.
    Last edited by Artemis Moonsong; 05-18-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Fuji
    Again there are too many problems with having double threads. Newbies, who are most likely to break rules, some will get confused about which thread to post in so you'll have spoilers anyway. Then you will have a difference between what each person thinks is a spoiler (some think hair cuts are significant, other don't) so there will be spoilers for some people in both threads. You have people who are 1-2 weeks behind on the subbed eps that have nowhere to go if you simplify it into "subbed and raw" threads. You have people just starting out on the anime. You have people following a different fansub group than you.

2 threads will add to confusion and not solve any of the problems. What is needed is enforcement of spoilers, and instead of neg repping everyone that spoils, report the post to a mod.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast