aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

So the suggestion is that people who are following the raws must have their discussions (in the same thread, mind you) entirely in spoiler code. If you ask me, that is actually far more confusing that actually having two clearly labeled threads.

Newbie or not, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference between a thread labeled "subbed" and a thread labeled "raws." Particularly if these are mentioned in the main rules.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Suzuki-sanNowaki (L3)(S003) Lelouch
    Tezuka (L8)Shuuei (L6)Kouyuu (L1)
    Kyo (L4)Tsuruga (L8)(S007) Reborn

@naikan:

About putting everything in spoilers:

nemine
    So the suggestion is that people who are following the raws must have their discussions (in the same thread, mind you) entirely in spoiler code. If you ask me, that is actually far more confusing that actually having two clearly labeled threads.
    Is it really too hard for the raw-watchers to wait until the subbed one is out? And i don't really see a problem keeping the discussions in one thread, if people just learn to use spoiler-tags. Of course, they should mention the episode the spoiler is about, so someone who haven't watched it yet won't open it. Well anyway, i will now finally shut up, finally.

Fuji
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    Newbie or not, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the difference between a thread labeled "subbed" and a thread labeled "raws." Particularly if these are mentioned in the main rules.
    I don't know if you've moderated a forum before, but I have and newbies frequently make mistakes like that. I've had people post introduction threads in games forum, music polls in general chat (when there's clearly a section for it) and that's not even on the rules. Rules that state sig is XX are always broken. It doesn't take a rocket scientist.. but if one of the threads is at the top and the other is maybe 20 posts down, the newbie will NOT think to check for another thread, and just post.

I still think two threads is a very bad idea. This comes from half a decade of moderating various places and seeing common mistakes.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Spacer 1Nidaime, Tobirama Senju (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Minato (L6)Spacer 1
    Levi SnK (L8)Mahiro Fuwa (L2)Yogi (L1)

I believe the only solution to this problem is trying to educate people, newbies or not, ourselves. And if it gets out of hands, just report the mods. Two threads for every series would just overload the server.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Is this topic going to fade out just like that?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I don't know

We've all made our cases; we just need someone to actually notice and comment.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

I have seen this thread a few days ago and read at that time, to my understanding that most ppl just agree to use the Spoiler Tag (thinking case closed at that time). Then after suhi brought this up to me... only I know it hasn't ended.

Having "Spoiler" and "Spoiler Free" threads seems to a good idea but if you think about the titles all over the forum... imagine most of them getting 2 threads. There are pros and cons nevertheless - plus the fact fans of the show will be divided if discussions are seperated. Dai-kun did not add the Spoiler tags there for no reason. It is a matter of ppl are sensitive enough to use spoiler tags. I admit, some people don't care and some didn't know they actually spoil it because there's different degree to spoiling for everyone.

I think everyone should be given a chance, especially newbies... they will learn from it if someone tells them "Please do not spoil next time and use Spoiler Tags". If they keep repeating, then you can make a report to the Mods (since that person is deliberately spoiling after advice from fellow fans). So all threads are considered "Warning: May contain spoilers". I know once it's spoilt, damage is done and cannot be reversed (you can bad rep that person if you wish)... but I think a new set of rules should be able to prevent more spoilers.

The forum admins and mods are currently compiling some new rules, and this will be set to the new rules too. It will be something like - "Please take note that each discussion threads may contain spoilers. If you have to put in Spoilers, kindly use the Spoiler Tag. If reports of you keep on putting out spoilers, you will be given Warning Points"

Buttons to bad rep someone for spoiling is not possible at the moment.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thank you so much for addressing this issue. I am a little sad that the only result will be re-stated rules, but that is better than nothing.

It's unfortunate that many are against the notion of "raw" and "subbed" threads because they fear separating fans. The sad truth is that fans are already separated. Most fans who only follow subbed series do NOT participate in discussions. This is because they have been spoiled.

For anyone who's interested, I've concocted a bit of a solution on my own -- create a Social Group, then reason with raw-watchers. I have done this with Gintama. Raw-watchers are allowed to discuss in the actual thread, while sub-watchers discuss in the Social Group. It seems to be working. The only drawback is that many fans, particularly new ones, don't know to visit the Social Group, so it's mostly just me talking to myself.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Thank you, aarin, for replying and working on adding the new rules.
    Is it possible to have a button for spoiler tags in the toolbar though?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast