aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Isan
    Quote Originally Posted by skutergirl View Post
    But still, if you open a new thread for the subbed ep, then the spoiler function is there for nothing. And I don't like the idea of dividing fans into two.

I guess I just have to rants about RAW ep in my blog then. Alone.
    This wouldn't even be a problem if people actually used the spoiler tags properly, which clearly, they don't since people who don't want to know are getting spoiled anyway (the whole point of this thread).

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

But still, if you open a new thread for the subbed ep, then the spoiler function is there for nothing. And I don't like the idea of dividing fans into two.

I guess I just have to rants about RAW ep in my blog then. Alone.
    After reading some replies and discussing this topic with a friend I started to think that maybe dividing fans into two isn't that necessary.
    But I'm still all for using spoiler tags and for letting people know that it's not a good practice to spoil others' viewing experience.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yumi BnK (L8)Xmas (014)Wataru BnK (L6)
    Aizen (L1)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)
    Howl (L10)Renji BnK (L6)Raoul (L8)

@ArtemisMS & suhi: thank you for the explanations, very clear, and very much appreciated^^ It makes sense indeed, but the "thanks" button gives the names of the thankful forumers, if you want the same kind of button, won't the names be written too? And then, won't bad repping wars also begin?

Anyway, it is quite sad, everything should be easily resolved if people were just respectful, shouldn't it?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    @ArtemisMS & suhi: thank you for the explanations, very clear, and very much appreciated^^ It makes sense indeed, but the "thanks" button gives the names of the thankful forumers, if you want the same kind of button, won't the names be written too? And then, won't bad repping wars also begin?
    Anyway I would left my name if I was to negrep someone for spoiling (or whatever). But I really don't like doing it, also because of my reppower. It's easier for me not to visit those threads. Bad repping wars are easily stopped by mods, imho.

Anyway, it is quite sad, everything should be easily resolved if people were just respectful, shouldn't it?
    ditto
    Thanks god (and the wonderful mod team ) we're quite a peaceful community here. Maybe if we had a button for spoiler tag available, a paragraph in TOS about spoilers and their consequences, and a "Don't spoil" button just in case, we could expected more people to start considering and respecting each other spoiling-wise.
    (maybe Artemis' and my signatures will prevent a few spoilers here and there )

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    After reading some replies and discussing this topic with a friend I started to think that maybe dividing fans into two isn't that necessary.
    But I'm still all for using spoiler tags and for letting people know that it's not a good practice to spoil others' viewing experience.
    I'm still for separating the threads, because I feel it is the only way to be able to enjoy discussing my favorite shows without having the plot ruined for me.

And fans are already divided -- subbed-only fans are not participating in conversations, so that's half (or more or less) of each show's fans not involved in discussions.

Plus what you will basically have, even if everyone is polite and no one spoils, is two conversations going on at the same time in one thread. Subbed-only watchers discussing the most recent subbed episode, and raw-watchers discussing the most recent raw episode w/in spoiler tags. I think it is hard on raw-watchers to have to contain their excitement about the latest episode. Why shouldn't they be allowed to squeal and fangirl/boy to their hearts content? We all get a little excited sometimes ... I think accidents would be prevented, and people would feel more free to express their opinions, if the two threads were separated.

Demeter ~ yeah I forgot those "Thanks" buttons aren't anonymous Weren't they at one time?

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for Japan(S014) KeisukeSchneizel (L10)
    Katsura (L7)Zurako (L1)Gintoki (L7)
    Gintoki (L4)Athrun (L7)Hakkai (L7)

Then what's the spoiler tag for?? I personally will follow the thread's rule. If it didn't state anything, I would spoil-tag my post just in case someone would get mad. I even spoil-tag my post for the subbed ep just because I'm not sure the contents are spoiler-ish or not. And I think RAW wathers can get into discussion with the subbed watchers too. Please don't discriminate.

Isan
    Then what's the spoiler tag for?? I personally will follow the thread's rule. If it didn't state anything, I would spoil-tag my post just in case someone would get mad. I even spoil-tag my post for the subbed ep just because I'm not sure the contents are spoiler-ish or not. And I think RAW wathers can get into discussion with the subbed watchers too. Please don't discriminate.
    I think your "don't discriminate" comment is out of line and you're totally missing the point. Which is to separate the discussions. Threads are in no way meant exclusively for certain people.
    It's to keep the discussion about subbed episodes together and raw episodes together so there's not 2 discussions going on at once in one single thread. It's not very amusing for both parties to try and keep track on a discussion when there's other people trying to carry on another discussion in between. Especially since people who watch raw often let out little details that seem insignificant to them but spoils others as was clearly stated in this thread already.
    Certainly people who watch raws would be free to go discuss with the other members in the subbed thread as long as the conversation was kept to the subbed episodes and not start sprouting off about what's going to happen later in the series.
    Last edited by Isan; 05-17-2008 at 09:01 PM.

nemine
    Thank you ArtemisMS and Isan, now i understand better what you meant by the raw and subs-threads. I did not know that there are pretty much two convos going in one thread. ^^; So with that cleared out, i think i can understand your need for two threads, and hope that the mods will give you the permission.

And Demeter has a good point there, that's why i am still not really liking that button-suggestion. But i have no problem leaving my name when i badrep, because i hate having nameless neg-reps myself.

//edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    Considering most all threads have "spoilers" in their titles......
    I was under the impression that threads marked with spoilers was merely a courtesy warning but that people still had to use the spoiler tag for spoilers (that's logical to me).
    I think that the "spoilers" is in the title as a warning of sorts for those who are behind, or just starting with the series. It doesn't mean that people are not supposed to put their spoilers in those tags. Or this is how it should be at least.

Like i have already said, not all people are in the same episode than you, or someone else for that matter. Even tho the majority has seen the latest episode (let's say 123) someone might still be at 122, or even 6, who knows?
    That's why everything that is considered as a major spoiler, should be inside spoiler-tag, and if people would be kind enough, it would look like this:

blaablaa, just watched Bleach 170 and
    Last edited by nemine; 05-18-2008 at 02:49 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

After reading all the pros and cons for separated threads and changing my opinion back and forth some 10 times, I thought of something that might help solve the problem of spoiling (partially of course) without too much conflict (I hope) and mod team interference. (Actually it's Isan's idea, not mine )

We'll just have one discussion thread with "spoilers abound" tag and another one with "no spoilers allowed - please use spoiler tags" tag. In the second thread people would be advised that they might get negrepped for neglecting the thread's rule. Now, this way we've got two identical threads, which is not allowed on the board. This could be easily corrected by giving the thread a slightly (or significantly ) different topic.
    I'll give an example.
    There's a thread dedicated to Junjou Romantica anime, which is quite an uncontrollable spoilers galore.
    And another one for the same anime (me started ), which people instantly called "haters thread" (Although most of the people posting there don't hate or even like the series. They came and stayed because of it's non-squealing and little bit different in it's overall manner discussion.) As the thread starter I just went and added "please use spoiler tags" line in it's topic. (Eventhough there's nothing to spoil in this specific anime because nothing happens there XD). I hope - altogether with my signature - it will make people to be more careful spoilers-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    Considering most all threads have "spoilers" in their titles......
    I was under the impression that threads marked with spoilers was merely a courtesy warning but that people still had to use the spoiler tag for spoilers (that's logical to me).

Else, where are the spoilers free threads?
    Or does that mean we're allowed to start "no-spoilers" threads for all the anime we want to discuss?
    Because I could prolly start about 5 threads right now if that's the case
    I'd say - go ahead Actually, when I read you post I thought: "why not?"
    ----

Regarding making "Don't spoil" button anonymous. It sounds to me like a minor change in the script. Like changing variable ("username") into constant ("Spoiling post" - for example). But I don't really know. I guess it depends of the forum's template (or whatever). We can ask Dai, I guess.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Okay, so let me get this straight -- instead of "raw" and "subbed" threads, we will have "spoilers" and "no spoilers" threads?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast