aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    tadano nika
    Quote Originally Posted by Suracis View Post
    No one is down by any amount of rep points. Everyone starts with 1 rep power. Only reason you have 4 rep power is because you've been here for 3 months. Every month that your account is here, you will gain one rep power automatically.
    didn't know that, now it makes sence that my rep power has been growing unrelated too any rep I got...

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    I know that you can see the recent 5 reputations received through the User control panel. Just out of curiousity, are we able to see the past reputations received?
    Can any of the mod assist me on the above question?

Thanks in advance

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    Can any of the mod assist me on the above question?

Thanks in advance
    No you can't view anything more than what's shown in your User CP.

Noven_Light
    She sits there with her mouth open as she re-reads that about twenty times."I'm Sorry but i really didn't get that at all. I don't undersand" Her shoulders tilt up trying to say sorry.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Quote Originally Posted by Noven_Light View Post
    She sits there with her mouth open as she re-reads that about twenty times."I'm Sorry but i really didn't get that at all. I don't undersand" Her shoulders tilt up trying to say sorry.
    This might help:
    http://www.aarinfantasy.com/forum/sh...71&postcount=3

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Xanxus (L10)Aizen (L10)
    Hitsugaya (L10)Rukia (L10)Ulquiorra (L8)

Hope this explanation will help you

Edit: Thank you all for those who have gave 'Thanks' and rep approved me

Reputation Points

What's my total reputation point?

Go to User CP and click on Check Reputation

Scroll down until you see Latest Reputation Received. Next to it, on the far right side, is your total reputation points point(s) total. This is not the same as your bank points.

Approving or 'Thanks' users

When approving someone (clicking on the blue tick box in the top right corner of user's posts), you can add a comment which will show up in the user's cp. Approving someone is saying more than a thank you and adds more reputation points to that user.

However, your username will not show up in that person's user cp when they check. So the user receiving the approved points, will not know your name. You can leave you username in the comments if you want to.

The 'Thanks' button would be displayed at the bottom of the person's post, but it's only shown in some forum sections. By pressing it, will not show your name in the person's user cp, but will show it underneath the post you are thanking for.

As shown in user control panel

Number of points received and limitations

You get reputation points by someone approving you (number of points added will depend on the user's rep power, explained below) or pressing 'Thanks' button, which will add 1 reputation point to the total.

There is a limit to the number of people you can approve/rep someone.

• You are only allowed to rep approve 10 users within 24 hours.
    • You cannot rep approve the person twice, unless you approve/'Thanks' 5 different users.
    • You can 'Thanks' as many people as you want - no limit.
    • For obvious reasons, you cannot 'Thanks' or rep yourself.

Reputation points given and received

In your User CP under Latest Reputation Received you will see the thread, date and comment. This will show the latest 5 approved/'Thanks' from the users.

In Latest Reputation Given you will see the latest 5 approved/'Thanks' you had given, with the option to delete. You will have 5 minutes before the 'delete' option disappears.

Finding and repping users who repped you

If the user who gave you the rep points left their username in their comment, and didn't post in that thread that gave you the rep, you can search for that user by going to Members List. On the right side, click on Search Members, type in the name of that user. When you get the results page, click on Find under Find Posts.

Click on a random post title they've posted and just rep them by clicking on the blue tick box or 'Thanks' button if it's displayed. Also you could probably mention in your comments, which topic you're praising them for.

This is just one example of repping someone back

Reputation status boxes

Depending on your total reputation points, you will get the coloured boxes (blue for default forum theme, green for forest theme) displayed under your username when you post.

These boxes are just like status, rank symbols or a visual way to represent your contributions made to this forum and others.

You get boxes by the following...

• 5 dark coloured boxes = Starts with 1 free box till 500 reputation points total, 125 rep points each box.
    • 5 medium coloured boxes: Starts at 750 till 1750 reputation points total, 250 rep points each box.
    • 5 light coloured boxes: Starts at 2000 till 6000 reputation points total, 1000 rep points each box.
    • 1 bee = 7000 reputation points total, 7000 rep points each bee.

(N.B This is different to the first post by Dai-Kun's requirements to get boxes because, I think, newly registered members get one box automatically without needing the 125 rep points. Please correct me if I'm wrong - thx )

Using my profile for an example, I got 1275 reputation points total, so I got 5 dark coloured boxes and 3 medium coloured boxes:

+ 1 dark box for new member
    + 4 dark boxes (4 x 125 rep points = 500 rep points total)
    + 3 medium boxes (3 x 250 rep points = 750 + 500 = 1250 rep points total)

So if I'm a newly registered user, I get 1 dark coloured box automatically. I need to get an additional 125 reputation points to get another dark coloured box, until I get a total of 5 dark coloured boxes.

After that, I move on to the next level - medium coloured boxes - which I need to get 250 reputation points for each medium coloured box, until I get 5 medium coloured boxes to move to the next level etc.

You get an animated bee when you have 7000 reputation points total, and will receive additional animated bees for every 7000 reputation points.

After receiving your bee, your normal boxes will reset to the beginning. You will then receive the dark, medium and light coloured boxes like before.

So when you have 7000 reputation points, you will have a bee; normal boxes disappear. You then receive an additional 150 reputation points from user(s) (total 7150). You now have 1 bee and 1 dark coloured box.

Rep Power is a user's way to affect users reputation points total.

Rep Power affecting points positively

New registered members, get 1 rep power.

In this example, I've got a Rep Power of 19.

When I approve someone (clicking the blue tick box in the top right corner) I can add 19 reputation points to that person's reputation total.

E.g Person A has 400 reputation points total. Person B has a Rep Power of 4 and approves person A. Person A receives 4 reputation points and has a reputation point total of 404.

Rep Power affecting points negatively

However, there is an option to disapprove someone, probably because of an offensive comment that is not allowed in this forum, and will remove reputation points from the person's total and there is a negative factor multipled, which is 0.5.

E.g Person A has 400 reputation points total. Person B has a Rep Power of 4 and disapproves person A. From the negative factor, Person B can remove 4x0.5 = 2 points from Person A's reputation point total, which is now 398.

(N.B - I think this is how it works ^^; )

How to increase Rep Power

Increasing your Rep Power is done by the following:

• Every month after registering (so joined on 14th April, next rep will be 14th May and so on), adds 1 rep power.
    • For each 100 posts you posted, adds 1 rep power.
    • For ever 100 reputation points you receive, adds 1 rep power.

Just remember that you will not lose reputation points from your total reputation points when approving or 'Thanks' someone. This is different to the bank system, so don't worry when you do it

I hope this explanation was helpful and answered some of your questions

~ Sam
    Last edited by dm.su; 07-21-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added extra info

7. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Cid Raines (L8)Kusuriuri (L10)Rufus (L7)
    Lightning (L8)Hope (L8)Angeal (L6)
    Balthier (L6)Bartz (L1)Squall (L6)

@dm.su

Awesome explanation, thank you for putting so much work into it <3

~ Gnarf

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

No problem

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank dm.su, I have been reading the entire thread to understand this hole thing of the reputation and I had an idea of everything but it was you explanation which made everything clear to me.

I really was wondering why I have a box if I don't have any rep given, now I know.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Glad my guide helped you yokokurama

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast