aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

Reputation Explained

Reputation in its simpliest form is a ranking of the user's benefit to the forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of the forum users that have choosen to take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

Default reputation points (when you sign-up): 10
    Negative reputation id disabled!

Factors that affect reputation:

1. Register Date Factor: 30

• For every 30 number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

2. Post Count Factor: 100 <-- recently changed from 1,500 (wow, a lot of people just gained a lot of rep power)

• For every 100 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

3. Reputation Point Factor: 100

• For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Other things to know:

1. Daily Reputation Clicks Limit: 10

• How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

2. Reputation User Spread: 5

• How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit.

3. Reputation First Level (First Color) Count: 5

• The maximum number of first color pips to display before moving onto the next level.

4. Reputation First Level (First Color) Value: 150 each

• The value of each pip in the reputation display.

5. Reputation Second Level (Second Color) Count: 5
    6. Reputation Second Level (Second Color) Value: 250 each
    7. Reputation Third Level (Third Color) Count: 5
    8. Reputation Third Level (Third Color) Value: 1000 each

Once you have more than 15 pips, you'll get the bee (I've let Len chosen the bee since it's what she suggested, for having the most reputation points).

*New* After you finish getting 5 Levels of BEEs, you will gain a bunny, and after 5 levels of bunnies, you get a heart . The bunnies and hearts require the same rep. amount as the bees.*NEW*

So caculating the reputation points for a bee.. you need--

OLD rep system
    5 1st level = 150 x 5 = 750
    5 2nd level = 250 x 5 = 1250
    5 3rd level = 1000 x 5 = 5000
    Total for a bee = 7000 points.

NEW rep system
    5 1st level = 100 x 5 = 500
    5 2nd level = 200 x 5 = 1000
    5 3rd level = 1000 x 5 = 5000
    Total for a bee = 6500 points.
    Last edited by stupidgirlang; 05-26-2010 at 08:37 PM.

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Gwendal (L5)Conrad (L4)Soubi (L4)
    Ritsuka (L4)Kagetsuya (L1)
    Thanx for the explanation. I've been wondering about this for a long time. Niwae, something that's been bugging me as well, how do u get a negative reputation?

Suracis
    You get a negative reputation when a member of the forum disapproves you of your post by clicking on the circle that says "I disapprove" when he/she decided to give you negative rep.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

Negative reputation multiply factor: 0.5
    So if someone with 50 Rep Power was to give negative Rep to another user, that user would go down by 25 Rep Points? I hate math.

Once you have more than 15 pips, you'll get the bee
    I've seen this mentioned more than once, at first I thought people were seeing things, aka, insane. I've chosen to use the iSkin version, as I don't want two people looking very sensual at the top of every page, because of that I see the Butterfly still. If I was to use the Rainy Forest version I would also see the Butterfly, and in the GreenFox version there is a multi-colored block instead of the Bee. Maybe incorporate those versions images into the explanation, as I hope I'm not the only one that's been mystified this Bee talk.

tadano nika
    Quote Originally Posted by powman View Post
    Wow.Rep:Totally explained.Who knew negative rep would take 50% of ur current rep..
    no, it means your current rep wil be lowered bij 50% of reputation giver(taker)'s rep power. right?

so if I have a rep power of 6, and I would give negative rep to someone,
    that persons rep points would lower by 3.

I already new the reputation system from hongfire =)
    (though I havn't been there anymore since years)

agiesjie
    How do you go to your reputation messages? ^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Loki (L9)

You have to check your User cp. (Lastest reputation received). It's the first thing you see.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Cid Raines (L8)Kusuriuri (L10)Rufus (L7)
    Lightning (L8)Hope (L8)Angeal (L6)
    Balthier (L6)Bartz (L1)Squall (L6)

About the squares:
    you can have up to 15 squares until it starts anew.
    Each one of the first 5 squares resemble 150 rep points. Each one of the second five squares represent 250 rep points. Each one of the third five squares resemble 1000 points. After 15 squares aka (5x150 + 5x250 +5x1000) 7000 points you get a bee and the square-counting starts anew.

That's how I understood it ^_^

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

I wonder, are people getting Thanks and Rep mixed-up? Both appear in your User CP but with Thanks it will only say "Thanked Post" and you can check the post and see what users have done the thanking, Rep works differently.

With Rep while you can still check the post that was being Repped, it doesn't say who gave the Rep. Rep is when you have to Approve or Disapprove of a message and are left with the option of leaving a message for the user -- if you leave it blank I think it reads the same as Thanks in the User CP of "Thanked Post". If you don't leave your name for the user in your Rep comment, your name won't appear and you'll remain anonymous... and that only makes sense too, because if a user is leaving Negative Rep odds are they don't want to be known automatically.
    Last edited by Carmel; 01-08-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

Well don't forget that Thanks give +1 rep points. So in a sense they are the same thing....

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast