aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

maba bamba a group for people that like to read books

1. unsteady
    unsteady
    Just because you don't read quickly or consume a book a week like some people doesn't mean you can't experience the same words. In fact I think it's much better to take your time and let the words settle inside you as you read.

I haven't read The Painted Veil. The only book I ever cried at was the end of the His Dark Materials series.
  2. andri12
    andri12
    hi welcome to group arinna and thyella and mars1789

@unsteady i thing Library Thing is not for me as for free user a 200 book limit and that for take no time to fyll for me

@ alek_31 you are not the only 1 here that cried over a book if a book take me so in the story that i my cry if somthing big hapenst in the book last time i cried over was wenn a ############

@ oh you did not like didn't the name of this group hides some thing behinde me

and i cant say this better than unsteady
    so Just because you don't read quickly or consume a book a week like some people doesn't mean you can't experience the same words. In fact I think it's much better to take your time and let the words settle inside you as you read.
    +1

@ all i starte a Contest for a logo for the group http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f32/t6...ml#post1260563
  3. SoraV
    SoraV
    Yay! A group about books!
    That makes me happy. =D
  4. alek_31
    alek_31
    Just because you don't read quickly or consume a book a week like some people doesn't mean you can't experience the same words. In fact I think it's much better to take your time and let the words settle inside you as you read.

I haven't read The Painted Veil. The only book I ever cried at was the end of the His Dark Materials series.
    I totally agree, unsteady! I'm actually quite a slow reader; I like to take my time with a book, see all the hidden meanings; I actually spent some time sufing the NET for some of the quotes from the book; the idea is not how many books you can read in a certain amount of time, but what you're left with after reading them...

I'm so glad new ppl decided to join - welcome guys!!!
  5. unsteady
    unsteady
    Alek gave me an idea, why don't we post some of our favorite book quotes?

I can only think of one right now though,

"I'm glad you made your own decision. I do so hate to make up my mind about anything, whether it's good or bad, up or down, in or out, rain or shine. Expect everything, I always say, and the unexpected never happens." -Whether Man, The Phantom Tollbooth.

I love this quote and the entire book. One of the best books I ever read. The quote somewhat represents me because I'm extremely indecisive.
  6. arinna
    arinna
    @unsteady - thank you for that link to librarything.com. i've managed to put some of my books there, a random list, but it's really helpful. thanks again .
  7. cassiel
    cassiel
    I am what is best described as a voracious reader, I read a lot. A frightening, unsociable, lot in the opinion of certain people. ^_^ Come on! How can one not like travelling to different worlds, countries, centuries without ever needing to leave the comfort of your own home?

I agree with you Alek, The Painted Veil is a blinder of a book... (Never seen the movie though.) and there's nothing wrong with crying because of books; I cry like a girl when I read certain books... I'm more likely to cry from a book than from a movie.

I wanted to join librarything.com a while back but 200 books is nowhere near enough for me... it's still only 200 for a free account, right?

Oooh! Book quotes! ^_^
    "The compensation was that my diverse assassinations took me all over the globe where the love that dared not speak its name was positively encouraged to bellow from the rooftops."
    ---The Vesuvius Club by Mark Gatiss

I have an even better quote from that same book but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to write it here since it contains a "rude" word. (Though in this instance it's used, not as an expletive but rather, as a verb like any other verb.)
    In any case; The Vesuvius Club is a jolly good read which I encourage you to read if you've not already done so. ^_^
  8. unsteady
    unsteady
    People, it's still only 25$ (US) for a lifetime account on LibraryThing. That's not too bad and it really is helpful and has so many cool features. Like the author view mode, where you can see photos of all the authors of books in your library. I love putting in books and finding that I'm one of two (or in a couple cases the only person) to own that book. I'm weird that way... I've been thinking more of putting it up lately because I loan books to friends and can't remember if I ever had them in the first place and then I end up with multiple copies, so I need to keep track.

Anyway, I don't want to pay twenty five dollars yet (I might later) but for now I'm just putting a portion of my lib up, just my favorite two hundred books

I know I've got The Vesuvius Club on my shelves somewhere...maybe I should read it so we can discuss? ...we should all read the same book and have a big discussion? I think that would be fun, I've never been in a book club before.
  9. andri12
    andri12
    hi welcome to group SoraV and cassiel and wolfenangel
    @ unsteady here is 1 of my book quotes
    all things must be in balance good ewil balance unbalance and this base of all things

@ unsteady only 25$ (US) for a lifetime account on LibraryThing hum maybe i get 1 but i am cheap so i need to thing abot it and also @ unsteady hum a book club i thing it maybe fun maybe 1-3 book a month
  10. alek_31
    alek_31
    If I can find that book, I'd be more than happy to read it (I'm almost done with Ha Jin' WAITING) - I think I found way too many familiar things in that book thanI care to think about O.o

I'll check for THE VESUVIUS CLUB
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast