aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

maba bamba a group for people that like to read books

1. andri12
    andri12
    welcome to 1 Member of the Group me ´o´ and to start of the group! wadd is your favorite book that you did get at Christmas as for me it was shadowbred a good fantasy book
  2. alek_31
    alek_31
    WII!!! this is a very nice group!!! it's really interesting!

as for me, I always like to snuggle in bed with a nice book on cold nights ; since I had a cold over christmas, I got the perfect excuse to lay in bed and read my books ; I read Winter Break by hColleen (I printed it out and enjoyed it in my warm bed) and I've also started to read Keri Arthur's series; right now, I'm reading the Riley Jensen Series (Dark Urban Fantasy) and I'm literally addicted!!! I also have some of the other series and I'm gonna start them soon

When I'll have some free time, I wanna start stephen king's PET SEMATARI; my best friend red it and she was hooked on it .

I usually read anything fom classics to sappy romance novels, but lately I've developped a taste for horror novels, fantasy books, paranormal romance novels, thrillers....y'know the GOOD stuff !!!

I'm also thinking about starting something by anne mccaffrey, but first things first
  3. andri12
    andri12
    alek you are just like me for me there is nothing better than curl up in bed with a nice book on a cold night
    PET SEMATARI is also on my reading list i am going to borrow it from a friend which is rare for me as she usually borrows from me
  4. unsteady
    unsteady
    Hi Andri12 and Alek_31. I liked the title of the group and love books so I figured I'd join.

Hmm...my favorite book I got for Christmas was The Braindead Megaphone by George Saunders. Mainly because Saunders is my favorite author.

My tastes in books are anything. But supernatural, horror, and speculative fiction comprise a lot of my reading. Authors I like (besides George Saunders) are T.C. Boyle, H.P. Lovecraft and Neal Stephenson.
  5. Arsenic_Love
    Arsenic_Love
    hello everyone my favorite writers are Oscar Wilde, Haruki Murakami, Roald Dahl, Sarah Teasdale among others which I cant remember

Currently im reading Fahrenheit 451
  6. alek_31
    alek_31
    Hi unsteady and Arsenic_love . so glad you guys decided to join and discuss your fav books !!!
    @andri12: I think we should also mention our favorite authors O.o. we totally forgot

My favorites would have to be: Ryu Murakami (I don't know why, but I'm infatuated with Almost Transparent Blue; I also have In the miso soup, but his romanian translated novels are VERY few ), Graham Greene, Salman Rushdie (I loved The ground Beneath her Feet - it's a good thing I wasn't fooled by the boo description , The Moor's Last Sigh and Midnight's Children...and luckily..it's much more popular with the romanian public ) and Kobo Abe

Among my fav literary classics, I'd have to say Dostoievski, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Dumas, Zevaco...and many others
  7. andri12
    andri12
    hi unsteady and Arsenic_love welcome to the group

My favorites authors that is hard 1 i like a lot of authors and if were to list them all i wold fill up 1 page so i just name fey Elaine Cunningham she has that kind of writing stile that trap the reader in totally in the story and has a poetic witting style

and now to classic authors

Snorri Sturluson
    Oscar Wilde
    C. S. Lewis
  8. Faith_Lover
    Faith_Lover
    Hi I love books and I do English Lit so I just had to join!!

My favorite authors if i can remember their names are Phillip Pullman, I love his dark materials and Sally lockhart series. David Clement -Davies - the sight . Arthur Golden - Memoirs of a Geisha. and i'm just about to start The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnival. I also read a lot of fanfiction!!
  9. unsteady
    unsteady
    So many awesome authors/books mentioned!

@Alek_31 - I too love Ryu Murakami, I loved his books "69" and "Coin Locker Babies." I hope more of his stuff is translated into Romanian, in English it seems like most of his writings are published.

@ Faith_Lover - I think that the His Dark Materials series should be required reading. It is that good. Did you know that the Sally Lockhart series is being made into movies? I saw the first one which was actually really good. It starred Billie Piper from the Dr. Who series as Sally (she was perfect). Much better than the movie version of the Golden Compass in my opinion.

Currently I'm reading, The Man Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat by Oliver Sacks.
  10. darkparagon
    darkparagon
    Books are my first love! Saddy I have seemed to of read one in a long while

I been rattling my brains to try and think of my favourtie, but I just can pick one! My favourite author is Thomas Hardy though.

The last book I read was As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner, I read it because I started it at school, but never finished it then, nor did I give it the attention I should of, so I thought I would read it now that am an adult, and have developed a love of books.

Strange old book, it was very simple in its structure, but the language he uses just pulls on some kind of string stutters, and the way it makes you construct the story from the observations and responses of the characters is such a rare delight, which I love because it forces you to explore the story yourself.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast