aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Feedback (AKA: criticism)

1. anlama
    anlama
    hi guys

i'm just done with my very first render and as promised i'll post it here - but i'd like to thank Halite and PrinceTheRipper for their precious help - so here we go :
    the original pic ---> and here's the render : - thanks for your comments

arrrgh i can see lots of white small lines on the black bg i didn't see with the white and grey squared one
  2. Halite75
    Halite75
    What I do when I'm rendering is make single color layers underneath the picture I'm rendering so that I can tell if I'm leaving behind parts of the image I don't want. For instance when I'm rendering, I have a dark gray layer underneath the picture turned on, and when I finish I turn on a layer underneath that is black so I can get any pieces I missed.
  3. anlama
    anlama
    thanks halite for the comment, i'll do just that too cause this one can't be used that way but i'll work on it some more so i can make it great
  4. FeyFey
    FeyFey
    yeah totally true. i end up seeing sometimes how badly i rendered something only when i put it against a dark background
  5. anlama
    anlama
    that's what i did - i never finished so far that render so far, but have rendered some others and they've turned pretty good - thx for the tip
  6. ItachiRules
    ItachiRules
    Sigs I made a few days ago >>
    Software: CS4

I barely started using PS a few months back.... and I'm having trouble sometimes knowing when too much is too much D:

XD Any criticism is welcome <3
  7. Halite75
    Halite75
    These set look a bit incomplete to me since they don't have borders, text, or little finishes touches on them.

Set 1: looks a bit too dark to me, but I do like the picture..not sure about its placement though.

Set 2: looks almost done. I'd add some sort of border to it (probably a top/bottom one) and some text.

Set 3: looks over filtered or something. The lines on the characters hair are jagged and his hair overall has lost depth by losing detailing.

Set 4: I would suggest adding a little brushwork or texture in the background and then finish it with a user name and perhaps a small quote.
  8. ItachiRules
    ItachiRules
    Definitely they're incomplete thanks for the suggestions ... the render was dark on the 1st one, the second i didn't want to add more, the third was definitely a random spurr and the last one I been looking for fonts ^^ Itoshiki is definitely for someone and so is Hajime XD the others are experiments. I shall go quest a font quest! Thank for all XD
  9. Halite75
    Halite75
    Ah but even if a render is dark you should be able to lighten it with blending/color adjustment layers, if it is rendered well. You just need to make or choose a good background for it. Have you experimented with the blend modes on your layers?
  10. ItachiRules
    ItachiRules
    aha I think I meant for it to be dark, I shall add other layers and blend it more ...... I don't use many blend modes I been on smudging lately >.> thanks for taking the time ^^
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast