aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Feedback (AKA: criticism)

1. Halite75
    I haven't attempted any colorings myself (so am far from expert), but I think for only your 3rd attempt you did pretty well. The hair looks especially good to me. The skin tones look a bit flat/lacking depth to me, but I'm sure you will improve on that the more you work with coloring.
  2. Otome
    Otome
    When coloring (manga, lineart, etc) the first thing to do is clean up the basic line drawing. Remove any makeshift shadows, lights, tones, movements, so that you get only the plain line drawing and nothing else. Depending on the quality of the lines, you may or may not need to make that more crisp and sharp. (Line quality is very important in a good CGed picture.) Afterward, that's when you can start thinking about putting down colors. And then when that times come, what you need to do is, decide on where the light source(s) is coming from.

From your attempt, I can sense the main light is coming from the top right, but then you have the highlight on the eyes on the bottom left. xD That isn't wrong, if you want to implied that there's another light source coming from the bottom left, however, secondary light source shouldn't shine as bright as the main unless it's real close to the body.

Anyway, although a bit flat, it's not bad. Actually, it's better than some I have seen for start-ups. Coloring usually takes time, so keep on practicing and you'll get better eventually. Good luck ne! =D
  3. ridiculous
    ridiculous
    Thank you both for the advise =)

Halite75. the skin, yes. I can see that now, I wasn't sure how to make it more 3d so, I decided not to. Maybe I should look for some tutorials next time =)

Otome. I havent even thought of cleaning up the lines! As for the shadows, not very good with them, I do draw a little, but it's a painfull process and never from the head, only picture, so the shadows for me are difficult =) Again, thank you, I'll try to incorporate your advise next time =)
  4. Otome
    Otome
    No prob. ^^ As for depth, all you have to do is create that illusion with the three basic in shadings: Shadows, Mid-tones, Lights. So long as you have those you can easily give your coloring more life.

And using this as an excuse to draw (lol), I did this. Hopefully this'll help you somewhat in understanding some basic shading with coloring.

edit: er...(O__o)/... sorry for the huge size.
  5. Taekeru
    Taekeru
    Well I'm trying to learn photoshop and I'm a bit confused on what is acceptable concerning text placement and bordering. please tell me how I can improve?
  6. ridiculous
    ridiculous
    Otome, oh, I just saw that last message, thank you! Though I'm curious how did you make the Soft-shade one? Is it just a blur tool?

Taekeru, it's only opinion but when it comes to the text it should blend with tha picture and look like it's a part of it. The trick I use is using the colors in the pic for it, but so it would still be visible I add the shade or the outer glow also using the pic colors
    Like here, I took the main color from the face and the shade color from the background

Ok, so this is not my second try, more like the sixth, but it's the first one I did thoroughly from the start to finish and the first one I did using mi new digitizer (the other ones, including the one posted here were made with the mouse). It's still messy and I just now understood that I have no idea how to line it properly, If somene can recomend me some tutorials, I would be very gratefull
    Sorry for the size, I can't seem to find a way to make it fit the page. From this picture

7. ManyVoices
    ManyVoices
    Ok I'm about a week into learning PS and pretty much messing around trying to learn things. Here is a couple I have started and would like input. The SIH sig is ......... well it is. The Liberta sig I am fairly happy about since I don't know how to use brushes, textures, and all that. Oh and I did the render of Liberta myself (such grueling work). Please be gentle but honest.

8. D.Ace
    D.Ace
    Knock knock~
    Is anyone alive able to give me feedback on some sigs?
  9. paplou
    paplou
    Go ahead and post
  10. D.Ace
    D.Ace
    Thanks @paplou;
    I haven't made sets in a while so I'll start off with this one. Luffy looks a bit weird but I didn't have enough time to re-color him so I only did touch ups. Other than that, I don't know which version is suited better

1.This one has a darker background

2.Lighter background

3. No shadows

4. Rounded cut

Sorry for so many images. I'm very indecisive about small things. Critiques and feedback are welcomed~ Hit me with your best shot
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast