aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Feedback (AKA: criticism)

1. Halite75
    Can't you link the layers together rotate the curly lines and the text at the same time?

I think because of the limits of the picture, it might look better to make it a less wide siggy, but the question then becomes if, Wantsome is okay with siggies less than 500 pix wide. If they MUST have it 500 pix wide then I might try doing thick sidebar borders instead of top/bottom border so you can get your picture and text more balanced. I have some examples of ones in my photobucket. Avatars and Signatures pictures by Halite75 - Photobucket

You might also want to see what it looks like with the border a similar color to the text, instead of black.
  2. trixilein
    trixilein
    linking layers together? no clue how that works

the contest says 175 x 500 px. but the idea with the side borders is interesting. the question is how thick is right... and balancing the sig is indeed a challenge.

the curly line is part of the flower. I will have to see then what I need to change and if I have a similar curly line without the flower attached to it.
    thanks for the help
  3. Halite75
    Halite75
    To link one layer to another is very easy. Just select a layer and then click on the little empty box next to the eye symbol on the layer you want to link it to and a little chain symbol will appear. You can link as many layers together as you want. To unlink them, just click on the link chain symbol(s) to turn off linking.

You'll just have to experiment a bit to get the right balance. You might might want to do the experimenting in a copy of your original file, in case your experimenting doesn't go well. I do this a lot.
  4. trixilein
    trixilein
    doesn't have that function at my ps, thanks for explaining.

after various tries with borders, I guess I found something that fits more. With a selfmade gradient to color the borders at the sides it looks more harmonious. I hope it matches better now, but still not sure if the name is at the right place...

feedback again is more then welcome

5. Halite75
    Halite75
    What version of PS do you have? I thought linking layers has been available since version 3, the first PS I ever worked with.

I think it definitely looks more balanced now.
  6. trixilein
    trixilein
    thank you

photoshop elements 7.0
  7. Halite75
    Halite75
    Ah, okay. Looks like you have to hold down the CTRL key.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 * Link and unlink layers
  8. trixilein
    trixilein
    hi everyone.
    I'm back and looking for some feedback all those sets are already made and run in an active auction, yet I would love to get feedback on them so that I can figure out what I need to improve and um... yes, aside from the pics, the backgrounds are selfmade

9. Flei
    Flei
    ~trixilein

Hey there. =P I'm here to try and critique your work, so here I go:

I'm not 100% sure which program you use, so unfortunately I can't really suggest anything specific. I'll do what I can. xD

First off, I suggest you work on making your base image (the cropped character/your original pic) prettier. I think you do touch them up a little, but it wouldn't hurt to do a bit more. Normally in PS you'd duplicate the layer and use layer effects. You might also want to make sure your base image's colors match the background. For example, in the middle sig the characters' colors don't really blend well with the background.

You know, if you're just starting out making graphics it might be easier if you used textures; it's an easy copy & paste job. You also have the option of playing around with the texture as much as you need.

Aaand unfortunately that's all I can say for now. ^^;;
  10. divinegrace92
    divinegrace92
    hey guys.. i am actually here to ask for some ps advice..

i use cs5 ...

sooo if you time can you browse through my works (even just for through the first page) i am not sure but i think i am still doing something wrong
    MY AARIN SETS... <3
    i know some sets are for contests so i vow not to edit those contest entries anymore...

thanks in advance!!
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast