aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Stalker Haven: 18+

1. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @Cris: no problem at all ^___^
    *lol* If there is one thing I hate, it is tentacle Each to his own^^ I have no problem with weres or catboys and so on in general. I am just viewing types like that a bit more critical. I actually think if you want to pull that off in a good way, there must be more than just the character being a catboy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that races like cat-people, weres and so on and so forth are so easily used and not seldom end up....cheap? At least that's how I feel. Same about vampires. There are really very very very very very few vampire stories I like. I love Anne Rice for example, but OMG I just want to smack everyone on the Twilight-hype atm. *chokes* Where are those in there vampires?! You see^^ And I often feel the same about catboys. There are few who can pull it off and create one that I like.

"Criminology" - nope, haven't read that one yet, although I am totally into law/justice/crime stories. Guess that comes along with my job and studies
  2. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    XD! I thought something was wrong w/me everyone kept hyping about Twilight, I couldn't get past the first 2 pages before I gave up and went back to Yaoi. LOL!I love Anne Rice I guess after that level all others seem to pale in comparison. I haven't really gotten into too many on Aarin. Lot of stories I followed got dropped with NaNoWriMo...then oh well too much to outline atm.

Tentacles haha I get it, well the variety is what makes Aarin so nice, even the different personalties is more like RL so interesting as a whole even if we enjoy different things. Did you check out the *new fiction* launch board. Top Left Tool Bar Fictions ^^ click it! A thread about it is listed under Updates, I'm sorta working out of two windows so I'll post a link in a few..

New Fiction Section
  3. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    *laughs* I actually read a bit since i didn't want to make my opinion on something that I didn't really knew....but it was not worth it. I totally cannot stand Twilight

about the new fiction section: *le gasp* Wow, that's some new awesome, but also pretty heavy stuff to deal with.
    At least for me. I recently have to fight for every minute of freetime, not even speaking about the time I have on aarin. It's a cool idea, but what about those who simply lack the time for all the new changes? It WILL be alot of work, but I think it's worth it in the end (hopefully >___> *lol*)
  4. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    guten: sorry its been too long since i've been here and I was about to question you not like neko boys considering the one in excorsism but well you explained it. I'm not sure if you are still into kit anderson ... but I think she managed to recover back her story. I think the one factor that brought her back is the humor.
    Its completely acceptable to switch point of vies in a third person, however that doesn't fall under the category of multiple narrators. After all the story is being told from a third person perspective so it's not exactly switching point of views if you share detail on another character.
    It's strange you think writing in the first person with more than one narrator has its advantages because I simply cannot think of one advantage.

chris: I read your interview on the aarin interview section and wow. There is too much I didn't know about you despite talking to you. I loved your interview. I kind of scoffed when you were asked "Are you naughty?" or something along those lines. In my head I was thinking is this a rhetorical question, your talking about the person who created stalker heaven and school of lust! Your talking about the queen of pervs! lol
  5. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @ghettoe: I know, this group seems to die down *shakes fist* I will not let it die!
    Anyway, I totally agree with you! After the first few moments of shock (the serum >__> AND THE MPREG WARNING (which was taken down again *sigh of relief*)) I think Kit's story is only becoming better and better And yes, humor is a big part of it. I totally love the humor in her fics and I think there are only two or three other authors who can keep up with that. (imo o/c)
    And yes, there is a difference since the narrator itself is omnipotent -- still it can turn out bad, too to focus on too many characters while writing 3rd person. Better keep check on as few as possible^^ (the advantage would be that it's pretty blunt and easy to use, you see? For beginners an easy way to think themselves into different characters without the trouble of describing it loop way. -- But as I said, I don't like using it and don't like writing it. But is has it's advantages. *lol* )
  6. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    Guten: It's precisely why I hate it, and it's especially bad because beginners feel the need to do it. I mean I read a story with four narrators in it and I was like what the f**k. After threee chapters I couldn't be bothered. Not only did I not know any of the characters but I just couldn't care anymore. I mean the author would switch a point of view in the middle just to write three sentences on one persons point of view the zip back.
  7. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    I missed that!! I wish I was stalking as much as I use too, seems I'm doing more PR now-a-days and talking in groups/profile..little time to read unless I have a perfect night,, *few & far between*
    thanks Natcht Ghetto I wondered about POV even in 3 person I try to stick w/1 main char pov and *thru his eyes* do other char pov. It does help move the story if I can get *in the head* of other chars, but thats mostly on the cuff not too emotionally deep...lol!
  8. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @ghettoe: I never used it *lol* Neither in english, nor in german and neither in my starting years^^ I mean, I do have some stories in 1st person written, but the POV never changes.
    I'm just saying it's practise and you can never write to much/practise too much. I know it sounds like analytical, dry theory, but everyone has to find his own style and way to write, so I won't blame anyone if he likes to use this. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that others can't pull it off in a good way *shrugs* That's how I feel about it

@Cris: Since my pen&paper RG group was revived I'm dropping by in this group mainly at work when I have time So I know what you mean^^
  9. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    Hey welcome back, anyone interested in a story reiview thread...we can coordinate which story we will read and do a review of seveal areas... it surprising that aarin dosent have one...now i think complete stories would be better...to review and a true review....we love comments but one liners are not what i had in mind....any one interested....ideas how it would work?
  10. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @Cris: *lol* I thought I had answered to this, but apparently I didn't >.>
    I think the idea is good *nods* Giving more detailed reviews on stories could help to select the ones you will probably love out of the huuuuge amount here on aarin.
    Though I have to say, I won't be of much help >___> I prefer reading WIPs and so far not many have ended^^
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast