aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Stalker Haven: 18+

1. Shivakigirl
    Shivakigirl
    Choco cake: I don`t think Love Comp will be your style... not enough drama? Too sweet? But there`s only 3 chapies, so... who knows where Naughty will take it.

Naughty: I`m trying.... Lucky that I have Dorian and Caleb.... and Tempy and Grim...
  2. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    guten: your a tad bit late, been to love comp, read it, loved it, got the T-shirt. Did you pass my comment on that story, I only wrote four words. "He has a tail?!!!" I confess I've never been into beastility though sometimes its not that bad. I guess I don't hate it or love it, i just thought it was ... *shrugs* I'm still annoyed by the serum more than anything else. Its fallen under my pet peeve of writing, but my biggest no no in writing is switching point of views (as in switching narrators). its irritating, can be confusing and most of all just arrgh! I feel if people are going to write a frame story tell half of the story in one person's point of view and the rest in the other, or just write in the third person.
    carrot head: i love love comp
  3. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    @ghettoe, you should point this out in the "Write it Out" group, I believe we discussed an issue with POV a little while ago. Some times I feel like doing 1st person, POV but I think I suck at it, so please come to the write it out group, and explain. 1,2nd and 3rd POV in your own way. I get confused w/*your* 1st person view compared to Passhentt 2nd person view. Its similar but the same...
    As far as beast/cat boys go, You must read OrangeWillow pet masters she is great with the genre and excellent writer. Maira did Beauty of the Beast, that is another awesome, beast with human thing, its "Original too."

BTW Check my Siggy, the Polls are up for PWP of 2008! we should give our smut writers praise as well.
  4. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    chris: what i mean is this. multiple narrators in a story. There are some people that can pull it off while others cant.
  5. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    I know what you mean, I've read several stories in which the author switched POV (whose perspective the story is told through) I get confused when I read this style, especially if they do it mid chapter. there are a few that do it well, w/o leading into it, I wonder how they make it flow...w/o telling the reader (btw this is character 2 POV)
  6. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @ghettoe: I'm not into these awesome extraordinary character half-elf-cat-ears-demon-human-angel-halfbreed-whatever thing. It kind of gets on my nerve when authors create fanatsy creatures or characters that just fall COMPLETELY out of order. Nothing against being creative - not at all - but in my opinion you can feel when someone creates some extraordinary trait because it fits or randomly just to make the character 'cool'.
    That's also why I think there are waaaay too many catboys out there (and yes, I AM aware that I have one too -who btw in the beginning almost ended up as a squirrel boy *lol*- but I do have my reasons for having him in there. And it's not because I would like catboys. ) Anyway, I kind of think Kit should have stayed the way he was except for the eyes. You see, he was cool because he was a human who kicked ass in an alien world....at any rate, I am a little dissappointed where the story is heading now It was sooo so so so promising in the beginning.

Just a comment about the change of POV in narration: It is also possible to change POV when you write third person and in my opinion that is alot nicer and more fluent to read. It takes a bit of practise so it doesn't seem off and you keep the flow, but I think it is in general better than use 1st person. If you decide to use 1st person, you sould stick to 1 POV.
    Just a principle, pretty much like 'never wear more than three different colors at once'.
  7. Shivakigirl
    Shivakigirl
    Naughty: "character half-elf-cat-ears-demon-human-angel-halfbreed-whatever thing." That made me laugh so hard!! Personally, I don`t understand the hype around cat-boys.... I still find Kit`s story interesting, but the cat thing was not necessary! Like the injection... Let`s wait and see!

I also agree that change of POV is weird. I prefer to write in the third person, and make the character`s thoughts and moods obvious. That doesn`t mean it`s better, but the tone stays even that way.
  8. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    @Nacht My mother told me about the 3 different color thing but I grew up in the 80's so no hope for me ...lol!! I may have asked before can you tell me the difference between 2 nd and 3rd POV... The problem arise when the author uses 1st person then switches the main 1st person... Well if they make it interesting then I do like it, Thats mostly smut...XD! The problem with 1st person after a while of reading especially in long fictions is I start to crave the *emotions, feelings of the other characters* which often the author does not express enough for me...well I'm greedy so I like to know how other characters feel, *inwardly* The best 1st person show that, w/o switching POV or suddenly giving the main character psychic powers...

Cat-boy, you dont read smut often, honeykissfire did some great smut with, well its smut what can be wrong with that..(unless its not enough smut) and an original with a "were-cat!" Won PWP for 2008 That is A lonely day at home by Bleachfanatic
  9. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @Shiva: *chuckles* I totally agree with you. I kind of dislike hypes in general. I have to admit that in my case sometimes things go so far that I dislike things just because everyone else likes it Or at least I view it more critically than I do other things.^^ At any rate, cat-boys are just so....cliché...sorry, but that's the way it is. I hope Blist can bring some BOO! into the scene *grins*

And I like to write and also prefer to read in third person. I once had one major project, a story written in german, that I wrote in 1. person....and oh dear, it was a pain in the ass after a while. You just don't have as much freedom as you have with 3rd person. It seems easier at first, but if you want your story to have some variety and include different opinions, thoughts and emotions it can be a b*tch.

@Cris:
    I think the main problem when you talk about POVs is that you have to make one thing clear: I use these terms as we use them in german. It's a matter of definition that many do wrong and hence it leads to misunderstanding. Meaning:
    POV means ONLY point of view. You tell the story from the view of one or more characters. If you use 1. person or 3. person is not defined. POV is only to define from who's and from how many POVs you want to write.

Then you have 1. person and 3. person. That is in which type you actually write.
    1st person is: 'I ran to my room and slammed the door. I was not going to let him get me...' and so on and so forth.
    3. person is: 'He ran to his room and slammed the door. He was not going to...'

In general I perfer 3. person. To write and to read.^^
    You can also have changes in POV when you write in 3. person. The focus changes from one character onto the other, tells the other one's emotions, thoughts and so forth. The difficulty lies in the moment you switch from character A to character B. It all has to stay in the right flow. You should not jump between the characters too often, but it's nicer to do it this way and turn it into something fluently than to divide it into chapters for example. Telling one chapter in A's POV and the next in B's POV. It can turn out quite mechanical and monotone -- it doesn't have to, but it might.

If you write in 1. person ('I...') It's more difficult to include other characters POVs. If you are willing to COMPLETELY switch (like I have seen in several fics on here where authors introduce a chapter with the name of the character who is telling you the story this time) then it is quite easy. But in my opinion that way of writing is actually not very fluent. The change of POVs are sharp in that case, cutting of the other person's train of thoughts.
    I think this way of writing also has it's advantages, but in general it is a style I would not consider to grow too accostumed to on the long run.
    For long-term fics, or if you intend to write more than one fic, I would decide to use 3. person and I would also try to gradually get used to include more than 1 POV. Just be considerate of the flow. ^_____^

Cat-Boy...I think I am just not into them all too much, especially because I get annoyed of the hype *lol* and well, smut is all good and fine, but it's not the reason I write and read^^
  10. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    Thanks for explaining, Nacht ^__^ I tend to do my best work in 3rd only did one in 1st *sighs* Smut, but exhausting to keep it first person. I got really bored writing fist person, reading doesn't bother me, if the story is compelling.

Monster-animal/Yaoi I just got into it, (tentacle ) I don't read every one's cat,dog,wolf,beast, Yaoi fiction. I guess beauty of the beast made me interested and in School of Lust Willow introduced more, *love was in the air.* However like everything I read I'm slow to change and switch / add new authors. (mostly because they have so many WIP's that its difficult to catch up) then I noticed when I write I tend to (leach) styles, so I trimmed the fat and stop reading as often. U__U Limiting the amount I read when I'm updating my own stories helps me keep my own style..but I fall behind on my fav author's updates..oh well.

Did you read "Criminology" by Midnightmoon? I didn't start but love law/justice type stories *as if I have time to read* its long thoughts..
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast