aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Stalker Haven: 18+

1. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    shiva: lol, i find that i can relate to drydyn compared to anyone in hunting. i dont think he's lonely okay mabye now that mazian is kind of ignoring him, but when i read hunting i dont get a sense of realism, i dont know if my explanation is enough to make you understand what im trying to say, and drydnyn is not SOFT and ANTI-HERO. he has his moments. he's basically like alexy so i dont get your problem! i mean its not like alexy ever does anything! although i know you dont favor him but on some occassions drydyn kicks butt, but you have to admit when it comes to smex scenes AOP brings it, but i praise both their capability's to bring out surprises like the rebellion for me was a wow and finding out alexy was part angel/demon (why doesnt he have wings?) was genious
  2. Rosette89
    Rosette89
    Nacht -- no, well I updated since you last did >____________> but you've seen it, so no I haven't. sorry for false alarm.

{Rory: *grumble* Left-hand?? Well...you know who I am *smirk*}
  3. Shivakigirl
    Shivakigirl
    gâteau: Drydyn kicks butts??? wow! Funny how 2 people can read the same story and not see the same thing! To me, Zius kicks butts! He`s so male, so bad-ass... I just love him! BTW, Alexy is almost last on my list of characters I like, he doesn`t even make it to the-characters-I-love list
    I still want you to tell me about WT... what you thought
  4. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @Shiva: I know what you mean about Gem's grammar and punctiation XD But still, it was worth reading although it's not my favourite ^__^

@ghettoe: I guess that story is something special. It's something not everyone can relate to so I can understand when someone else drops it or can't really attach himself to the characters. Difference in taste I guess, because for me it was the same problem with AOP's stories: I find the characters often to shallow; they are worked out and develop throughout the story, no question, but still there is something missing that is vital for a character for me. If it misses I drop the story quite easily *shrugs*

@Rose: *whines at the falls alarm* Not fair...
  5. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    shiva: zius is awesome! but remember drydyn and the centaur! well he didnt exactly kick butt but what i meant is he has his own heroic moments. i'm still trying to finish WT i couldnt yesterday because i went to get my hair done (a good 8 hours of braiding, no thanks to god for giving me kinky hair) so i have to finish it today. its so addictive!

natch: i guess alot of people feel that way and its true its all about taste. i enjoy it because the characters are detached in a way, while some people dont enjoy it because of the same reason. hayley's strength comes in her characters and plot (she can write a damn good story and you always enjoy the characters) AOP's strength is also her plot its very original and not many people can pull of her idea, she really owns her own story! but i really love silent dance, especially now its getting so juicy (its making my mouth water!).
  6. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    here.. <--thats a link to a new group that's helps with "plot" and what not anything you need to bounce off some writer or "promote your own story " its not like this group, its for writers or soon to be's who want to grow or just get over a block. Whatever.

Sorry I been MIA..I been writing for x-mas things and it keeps me away from group at times. Sometimes the distraction I need can not involve a story..<_< does that make sense?

@Rosette @Nacht ever had a problem w/"Leaching"<--thats what I call it, when an author's style is "inspiring" overwhelming to the point I find it "slipping" in my works. I think I've finally got a particularly sticky author out of my style. But not completely ^^ any advice on that. avoiding that issue.
  7. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    chris: i think alot of poeple have trouble with Leaching, it doesnt take a genious to see the similar writing styles, i also have that problem. you read a really good story and you try to immitate the style, after reading tsukihimie's stories i came back down to earth and was like there is no way i can write like that even if i attempted to there is no way i can write like that. i was blown away by her writing, because no one on aarin can write like that (well from the authors i have read) in the end i just thought let me write my own way. we all have our own styles, i'd rather read a story that is simple and flows than something that sounds imitated. i like your writing style dont try to change it!! let it evolve by itself nothing better than a story that gets better!
  8. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @ghettoe: *taps cheek* In the end it all comes down to taste^^ I have to say I didn't think that AOP's strength was the original plot. I have read too many stories with similar worlds/plotlines, but I also have to say I didn't read Silent Dance to 'the end' or how far it is by now, but stopped after several chapters, so I cannot fully judge about the plot of course; maybe I am horribly wrong because I didn't read on. The characters didn't catch me, but I think AOP definitely is one of the best author's on here in language and style. It's simply awesome, even I with my crappy english skills can see that XD

@cris: about the 'Leaching'. Of course I could never say that it wouldn't happen to me too *laughs* Everyone gets influenced subconsciously. But I can say I would never try to take elements of other author's styles to change my own. The thing is: English is not my first language (haha, who wouldn't have guessed? *lol*^^) I started writing in german many years ago and I am doing quite well over here with my german writing and getting things published, so I am proud of my own style. But writing in english was different because I had to develop a completely different style; reason: I simply lack the english skills and vocabulary to write the way I do in german (can be quite frustrating XD) That is why I think I am more aware of 'Leaching' and to NOT let it happen, because I had to find my own style not too long ago and develop it with my own ideas. Might sound cocky, but I do not want too many other author's influences in my writing, simply because I want it to be MINE, even if that means it cannot compete. It still is all mine and only mine ^______^
  9. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    natch: i guess i say her plot is original because i havent read any other stories with D.Bs most fantasy stories contain angels, demons or vampires, so i found that it was great she did something different and managed to come up with silent dance, but i also understand where your coming from, like i honestly loveless soubi and soubibeloved are probably among the top 5 writers in aarin but i cant read either of their stories, though i admit that they are definately among the best. by the way who are you top five writers in ranking? example: 1. ghettoe 2. natch (just giving an example )
  10. Rosette89
    Rosette89
    @ Cris -- I read a lot, not only on Aarin but books by many different authors, so I've NO doubt at all that elements of their styles slip into my own, reading was the way I learned to write after all. But...Im not worried because of the fact that I read so much and so varied that it would be hard for one author and style to overwhelmingly influence my work. It would probably be the same for you to some extent -- you seem to read a lot just on Aarin and probably do in RL too, you're influenced from all over. Also, if you're aware of it then you can watch out for it. Another thing is that its not all bad news, you'd never want to lose your own style or 'steal' someone else's but if you see inspiring elements (obviously not their whole style and characterization ) in a published authors work or even on Aarin there's no reason to avoid it like the plague. Always try to enhance and adapt your style and make it better; reading and learning from others is the best way I guess you've just gotta be careful and not lose your unique way of writing! *shrugs* I hope that answered your question.

Also I don't think I'm talking about the exact same thing as you mean~! Just general ideas and inspirations.

@ Nacht -- I don't think YOU should EVER let anyone influence your writing , its brilliant how it is. And I don't disagree with you, but I think everone's influenced by life and that includes what they read. Only the first ever writer would have had a completely unique style.
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast