aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Stalker Haven: 18+

1. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @ghettoe: I have to say, I do think they have very fluent and perfectly correct styles and ways of writings, but that is absolutely not what makes me, as a writer myself, actually adore or love a style. I don't think I have the qualities to really judge english styles (I find it hard enough even in german to actually judge style/language above the story^^)
    But I think my list will surprise you
    and of course I have to say I haven't read every author on here and there might be a sleeping genious somewhere. But I DO read quite alot, also authors others would probably place in the topranking like LovelessSoubi, well mine looks a little different. Guess the first place will be the biggest surprise XD
    1. Melodysnow (always was, always will be. I absolutely adore her style, it's really poetic and hence probably not for everyone. It's nothing you can read at quick pace, but reading every word, you know the author put her whole heart into it. She has a way to create atmospheres that is equalled by no other on here. Especially when we're talking about dark or sad mood. *nods* Her choice of words, everything, is just perfect. Plus, her stories really go under your skin. She is far from all the conventional stuff you can find on here. I think she is like a hidden jewel because not many are ready to read an actually really complicated and serious story. Most readers are on the search for something light and fast^^)
    2. MiraiKurosaki (not saying this because I love everything about that super cute sweetheart XD Seriously, Mirai has an awesome style that captivates you from the very first moment, plus I love her characters above all.)
    3. hayley_beth24 (more like she and Mirai are both 2nd place XD But if I pay more attention to the style, I enjoy Mirai's a bit more --- but hayley's strength is her OMG! I'm gonna faint!-plot and her awesome characters)
    4. Ceaseallfeeling (I have to name her because she managed to keep me as a feithful reader for a loooooong time now. I admit, her style is light, so completely different from what I usually prefer because it keeps away from detailed descriptions, but it still has a touch that no other aarin author has)
    5. I guess I would place AOP here, although I know, if I only look at the skill in language AOP is better than cease in the usage of words --- but the style didn't catch me like others did.

@Rose: *laughs* Not intentionally, no. But nobody on earth can say he stays completely uninfluenced by the things he reads. It might be unconscious, but it is something no one can avoid. We just can try to be aware and stop it from happening as good as we can ^_^ Awww, and I'm happy you like it. Although you're someone who read all my fics (*lol* and now also know I had a long way to go when I started in english *hides* ) But I find that even your own style depends alot on the genre you write in.
    Heartblood is never written the same way as Exorcism is. Not even mentioning Bloody Lullaby or The Longest Journey of a sleeping daisy^^
  2. Rosette89
    Rosette89
    Nachtie -- you just said EXACTLY what I was trying to say, but better *nodnod* I agree with every word. And your english is brilliant, don't kid yourself; someone starting exorcism without reading any of your earlier works would have a hard time guessing you weren't a native english speaker, and I'm not just saying that, I mean it. And you've improved so much, its amazing and proud-making <3
    *nodnodnod* Yes, the genre and mood dictates the style, you could have never made me cry with Journey if it was written in the style of exorcism *laughs* XDDDD
  3. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @Rose: YAY for making you cry *mean grin* ............... *cuddles*
    Although The Longest Journey wasn't really meant to make readers cry >_> It kinda did *whoops*
    I think a funny thing is that you find yourself making the same mistakes again and again for years when you're not writing in your first language XD Although you perfectl KNOW it is wrong, it still happens when you write in a hurry (which I do most of the time *lol*)
    *cuddles* I think I need to get back writing some drama though soon. the whole humor stuff needs some sad-compensation XD
  4. loveusender
    loveusender
    *jumps in from nowhere*
    @Natchwind...was just reading your author preference/favorite.. and noticed you mentioned Aop..i finally deicided to read Labrynth of sin...and found it very ...different
    I'm ashamed to say, i haven't read much of the up and coming authors' works lately...(Haley_beth24, ghetto) even though everyone seems to be drawing quite a following..i will read them though, eventually on my own time.
    I guess it's also because im lazy and there are tons of pages to go through for chapters since some author's dont index..im glad some have started to..
  5. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @loveusender: XD *hugs* hmmmmm *taps cheek* I don't know I might have preferences others would not consider their fav author *shrugs* As for melodysnow, there aren't tons of readers, but those really faithful ones because they know her writing is really awesome.
    *laughs* I haven't read alot new authors atm either because I have already trouble to always catch up with those I am sticking to^^ I've read Hayley's fics for a long time already though ^__^ And always loved them to death XD
    Oh yes, the index thing >< But there are more who do that now, I remember a time where I felt Hayley and I would be the only ones doing it XD I just find it so much more convenient as a reader if someone does it, so I do it too for my readers. It really isn't much of a bother, think everyone could do that *mumbles*
  6. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    Thanks Ross I feel so ****ing lost with this ****ed up layout, its backwards and I cant figure out how to fix it >__<
  7. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    natch: wow your list is quite different. i'll try reading melody snow's work. i do think that there are a few great artists who are hidden. For me, if a story makes me say wow, as in i open it and its so good that your like WOW! this is ofcourse plot aside. i do focus alot on writing style, i cant help it since you have to do that alot when writing essays. like i secretly confess that in hayley Beth's wolf tears. i was more amazed by how she wrote the ending than the ending itself.
    ps. im getting angry hear, when you gona get to heartblood? i like exorcism alot but not as much as heartblood. dont get me hooked and ran away *pouts*
    pps. i agree with rosette i really dont see any problem with your English, i thought english was your first language!
  8. Nachtwind
    Nachtwind
    @ghettoe: Totally agree. Actually the story of myself I like the most on here is one with little number of readers XD Or rather those are too, the more sad and dramaticI ones (The Longest Journey of a Sleeping Daisy and Boody Lullaby) I think it is because the prologue and Epilogue equal my natural writing more than my usual english writing.
    In hayley's case, I have it that I find alot scenes where I also think she just wrote it beautifully ^___^ I have to admit I never read the alternative good ending of Wolf Tears^^ *such a sucker for drama, sadness and catastrophe* XD
    But in Wolf Tears as well as in Comatose, I absolutely loved the special kind of atmosphere she created with every update. I still think Hunting the Prophet is the best of her works posted on here so far, but in those other two fics she just had a way to get me sink onto my chair and ignore everything else until I was done reading XD *misses Layf and Talfryn* >__>
    Plus! Hayley is the one and ONLY person who's fluff I love to read. She's my one and only exception XD I don't know, but her fluff is....well, totally fine with me ^__^
    okay, this is beside the topic, but: I also think she's awesome in choosing great names ^__^ Maybe it's a weird fetish, but I am so god damn picky when it comes to naming characters. If I read a story and I HATE the main character's name it's not seldom that I drop it completely whereas when the character has a name I really like, it's almost a garantee that I'll stick with the story to the very end XDDD (I guess it is because I am really picks with naming my own characters. Although there are ones I gave some of the most horrible names I could think off XD)
    ps. *snuggles* Don't worry, won't take too long anymore ^__^
    pps. O__O You did? Guess I've become better with hiding it then? *winks*
  9. CrisNoWait
    CrisNoWait
    Anyone reading "To vampie with love" Aerofaerie has a unique story, although a beta would help loads, she is one of my fav author's
  10. ghettoe
    ghettoe
    natch: *nods head* completely understand the name fetish and hayley would win a trophy for that one. she really gives awesome names. i however i'm not picky about names when i write my stories, i've only written one legit story and i didnt see a reason to give medieval names to people working at a hospital. i also agree hunting is her best worrk and truly her fluff is the ONLY fluff i can tolerate.
    ps. you better not take too long. i guess i kind of think you'll give up on it which makes me put pressure on you.

chris: i was reading it but i kind of dropped out in the middle, i just wasnt getting into it, the first three update's i loved! but after that it kind drifted from me.
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast