aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Latest bl manga purchase and which shop?

1. cheezy
    cheezy
    @aarin: I guess you're right D: I wish most of the money we paid goes to the mangaka's pocket directly, I'm starting to think doujinka actually makes more money than the mangaka themselves...

@valkyriensz: Vomited worms... The government needs some really big slap in the face! I think I'll just vote for opposition next time just so they'll buck up. It's such a disgrace!

@iruka92: That's... a very hard question. Other than ordering them online, I really don't know... Maybe someone will sell second hand ones in ebay though?
  2. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    Hey guys, I went to akadot.com and they are selling quite a lot of yaoi manga that can be shipped to Malaysia... very fast too. I haven't get the package I ordered but I did track the shipping and going through Customs no problemo! Maybe tomorrow I will get it. It is a bit expensive the shipping though. It is still cheaper to get from Borders bookstores (in Borders Penang, there are more titles compared to last year). The last time I went Kinokuniya KLCC 2 years ago... the staff said they won't be selling any more yaoi titles there. I don't know if they lifted the ban or not?
  3. tsuzuki89
    tsuzuki89
    @aarinfantasy: Hmmm when was the last time you went to Kino? I managed to get some BL stuff from them early in the year. They were blatantly displaying them too (artbooks). Maybe I was just lucky?

My latest purchase were Nitro+CHiRAL (mainly sweet pool) doujinshi and official Nitro+CHiRAL stuff from Comiket 77 Some friends of mine went there and helped me get this giant stack of stuff and carried them all the way back, I am super grateful for them ;A; The books weighed 8kg in total orz

Here's a pic:
  4. iruka92
    iruka92
    Hey guys! I just read a post in YA's LJ community and surely all of you know about it being printed in English .. I think the price is quite okay and here's a link to an online bookstore (The Book Depository). I was surprised when it said FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. Didn't read anything ..say requiring a certain amount for free shipping .. looks pretty legit but IDK.

Anyone?

Finder Volume1: Target in the View Finder (Yaoi) by Ayano Yamane, Ayano Yamane - 9781569701867 at The Book Depository
  5. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    @tsuzuki89: Comiket 77 is a shop in Msia or other country?

@iruka92: I do know ViewFinder will be out officially, but is it out already? FREE SHIPPING? Can you post the URL link here? Also, I would like to highlight that anything FREE shipping from overseas to Msia will incur tax... your books or items will be held by Kastam officers. Because of free shipping one time from yesasia.com, I kena taxed more than the website's original shipping costs - and I have to drive 40mins to the Kastam Office just to get it (petrol cost, time wasted and tax pay... so not worth it!). So free shipping at your own risk! >.<;;;
  6. cheezy
    cheezy
    comiket's short of Comic Market, it's the world's largest doujin convention in Tokyo, Japan. Held twice a year too.

@tsuzuki89: Wow *_* You have such great friends!
  7. sakurai93
    sakurai93
    @aarin.. so if you ordered a not free shopping, it wont be incurred with tax?? *curious*
  8. norsue
    norsue
    I just want to share with you guys my experience buying yaoi manga from bookdepository.com. I ordered Love mode vol 1,2 & 4 last feb. Thats was my 1st time trying to order from them because of the free shipping they offered. vol 1 & 2 arrived safely in my hand but vol 4 got detained by KDN.
    maybe its just my bad luck but please be careful because they used normal bubble wrapped envelope and its really easier for KDN officer to open them. compare with Amazon packaging its better to order from amazon to avoid our manga get detains by KDN. I don't dare to order VF from them, i stick to amazon.

ohh.. and the last time i ordered from amazon was last month. I just received last 2 weeks. No problem at all. I ordered Totally captivated vol 3, Tea for two vol 3 & 4 ^_^
  9. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    @sakurai93: Ya, from my experience free shipping will incur tax by the Kastam (made me go there and pay for the tax).

@norsue: Ooh, thanks for the info. How come Love Mode got detained? Was it the cover that's explicit? I do order manga but the book itself is tightly wrapped and the covered loosely in bubble wraps. The Kastam officers WILL open the first layers anyway... but so far all my manga got through fine. I mean, the ones sold at Borders have more explicit covers... and they went through ;; So I suspect it is probably the Kastam officer want you to pay them a visit and maybe give them some money to let it go through.

ViewFinder is out in English officially? Where to buy for us Malaysians? ^_^;;
    I know Amazon only selling extremely expensive VF. So I am waiting for the new publisher for that, but I do not know if it;s out from them yet. I am a bit slow when it comes to manga news >.<;;;

Oh ya, I bought Totally Captivated #5 only from Borders and never see Vol1-4... so I am looking for some missing ones. Akadot has #1,3 and 4 I think, still missing #2.
  10. norsue
    norsue
    @Aarin: I don't know how custom & KDN operated but i got the letter from KDN which written they suspect the book may contain unappropriated contains and they have to detaind it. I guess the book didn't shrink wrapped so they can open it to see the contents. the cover is not explicit at all..

Viewfinder already licensed by June..you can start pre order vol 1 & 2 at Amazon. You also can get all Totally Captivated vol there too..
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast