aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Latest bl manga purchase and which shop?

1. EkaMixZzZ
    EkaMixZzZ
    I bought all My Yaoi start from Kinokuniya the no more Kino. Then Borders Times Square. Nowadays, I prefer to go Borders at The Garden or Borders at The Curve.

P/S
    Sabrina if you are here... I need a Yaoi list from BORDERS and don't forget to send the update XDDD. I think a lot need to buy.

Regards,
    Ernie
  2. sef
    sef
    hey, sorry off topic but it's still manga related.
    anyone of you have a ebook reader specially target for manga? If so, which would you recommend? I am thinking ipad but I don't need that those function as i already have a laptop. Any ideas on kindle or iriver?
    thanks.

@norsue: your book was detained because they will do a random check. not all the books will arrive safely. I was a collector for sho-comi & Cheese long ago. they did random checked and ripped of the H scene and so i stopped buying cuz they doing the tearing repeatedly XD *sob*
  3. norsue
    norsue
    @sef: I pre order viewfinder from Amazon and i do hope it will arrive safely. Last month KDN detained my ZE vol 5 & Love Mode vol 5 *sob* these two are my fave series *cry*
  4. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    Woot~ I ordered from Akadot.com for Viewfinder#1 and Junjou #12... though I know for sure Borders will have Junjou #12 soon (but I suspect it will be out of stock fast).
    I dunno, I got my ZE #5 safely cuz it's shrink wrapped... and to be honest there are some not shrink wrapped but never get detained. I think it all comes down to: Whether you got pay EMS or not. If got EMS, no problem... if no EMS, got detaining problem (which I had once for just a concert DVD, not even yaoi).

They shouldnt detain ZE and Love Mode, cuz Borders also got sell them. But better not say this out everywhere cuz later they also will disallow Borders to sell them like Kino. The thing with Kino is... it does carry some yaoi manga in English too. I recently saw a Maiden Rose Vol1 on the shelf there... it has very explicit graphics and yet it's on the shelf.

@sef, I don't know much about ebook, sorry cant help you there.

@Ekamix, I do buy from Borders too in Penang and The Gardens, but a definitely list is gonna be hard cuz everytime I go there... some are new, and some were there were gone. But I definitely recommend you to get the following from Borders (I got all of these from Borders and some missing volumes from Akadot.com):

ZE
    You will fall in love
    You will drown in love
    Love Control
    Cute Devil
    Maiden Rose
    Junjou Romantica
    U Don't Know Me

EMS is an expensive shipping method, but that's the price to pay for safe books rather than have it ripped/tear up right? Like I said before, if you calculate the Akadot.com books and its discounts plus the shipping, then it's same (can be cheaper depending on the discount) or just a bit more expensive (RM5 or RM10 extra). I kinda given up on the poor service/post/respond from Amazon site.
  5. Aamyra
    Aamyra
    Aarin, where in Penang do they have Borders? I'm going up to Kedah/Penang this Raya. I srsly can't remember seeing any Borders there haha. Gurney Mall?
  6. sef
    sef
    @Aarin: thanks ^^
    @Aamyra: Queensbay mall =) have a safe trip.
  7. Aamyra
    Aamyra
    AHH thanks, Sef! x
  8. Hime-sama
    Hime-sama
    aarin@: I've been meaning to buy some titles from akadot but isn't their shipping very expensive as well? They are using EMS for Malaysia. I asked if they can consider using standard shipping but they say can't due to their policy. Anyway they told me they can consider shipping priority mail which in my opinion is great news but I haven't ordered anything yet. So how is akadot delivery so far?

I've been buying thru amazon and it's the most reliable method so far. Currently I've bought over a dozen titles from bookdepository and so far so good...nothing got detained by the Kastam ^^

What I like about bookdepository is that they deliver faster than amazon...arrive within 7-14 days compared to amazon which is usually 14 days and above.

My recent purchases are:

Target in the Viewfinder Vol 1 [June]
    I Want to Bite [Doki-Doki -Novel]
    Hey Class President Vol 3 [801]
    Green Light [Doki-Doki-Novel]
    The Tyrant Falls in Love [June]
  9. aarinfantasy
    aarinfantasy
    @Hime-sama: Wow... if you have used what you used, then stick to it is better. Akadot only deals with EMS, and I order it in large quantity that's why it's not super expensive for me. Let's just say their delivery is quite fast ^_^;;;

Sorry Aamyra for the late reply... sometimes I forgot come here check >.<;;;
    Wanna chit chat here also cannot cuz forum a lot of problems lately.
  10. Hime-sama
    Hime-sama
    aarin@: Um...when you say large quantity...just how large? If you don't mind me asking..heheh X3 I want to order one or two book only and still the EMS shipping charge is US$40++ T__T Maybe I should buy large quantity as well...but did you have any trouble with clearing with the kastam?
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast