aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Taki (L9)Aizen (L1)Charley (L8)
    Sebastian (L13)Masato (L7)Fei Long (L10)
    Akihito (L10)Hollow Ichigo (L9)Taki (L10)

I think I need a help.

I downloaded some music album from Mediafire yesterday (it's a zip form), and after I extract it, there were two folders in it. One is the album and the other one titled "extras".

I thought it was the part of the album, and I stupidly clicked it and suddenly a warning came, said that it was a malware or something (I forgot).
    Then nothing happened.. Until today!!!!!!!!!!

I turned on my computer and suddenly it said that :
    "A xxx antivirus (again I forgot the name) found a virus on my hard disk and need me to:
    - reboot the system (click C)
    - remove the virus (click R) "

I clicked R.. --> feeling stupid again, now

and then it said it failed and the virus has embedded into my hard disk..
    so I clicked C to continue and run my computer..
    but, my AV always give me a warning every minutes, said that it found an unwanted program or a virus on my system..
    and suddenly my computer got hanged, some program didn't respond, and got a report that my other AV (that I didn't even instal on my computer) has failed to run..
    and I was like this:

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING WITH MY COMPUTER RIGHT NOW???!!!!!!!!!

I called a geek to come and fix it tomorrow, meanwhile I'm doing a thorough scan to my system now.
    But I am afraid it won't fix anything..
    What can I do now is wait for the geek to come (tomorrow)..

I can't believe I can be this stupid by clicking something strange..

Just.. help me...

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

If someone is helping you out tomorow then I wouldn't take drastic measures.
    What you can do however:
    If possible boot up into save mode, run Malwarebytes free edition: Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer
    Keep the log for your friend, maybe it wont remove maybe it will but at least the log can tell you what it is and where it is.

Also what is your regular anti virus? I would suggest running a system scan in save mode as well. If you have Avast then run a boot scan (it then scans on boot before entering Windows fully).

I see you typing other anti virus: do you currently have 2 installed and running at the same time? Did yo do this willingly or is one a so called "fake" anti virus (which are virusses secretly).
    If you have 2 running at the same time willingly and both run in the background of your computer then remove one of them, do not do this if the other is fake malware that appeared after your album ordeal.
    I would start by shutting the fake one down by locating its process in the taskmanager.
    Having it shut down is a good thing because if it keeps on running it may damage your system.
    If the fake anti virus is also runnign while in save mode then shut down its process, in task manager the tab processes find the one with the same name as the fake anti virus and shut it down.
    Last edited by KarumA; 05-15-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Taki (L9)Aizen (L1)Charley (L8)
    Sebastian (L13)Masato (L7)Fei Long (L10)
    Akihito (L10)Hollow Ichigo (L9)Taki (L10)

My scanning process is failed. Somehow my computer hanged until I restart it.

I used local AV when the virus attacked my computer and now I use Avira (free edition).

And nope, I didn't run two AV at my computer.
    I usually saved the software of the AV I downloaded from web for my reference, but not installing it.
    I just use one AV at time only.
    So, I have avast! software, and it seems that the virus recognize or so.

And just now I got a warning that my Win32 didn't respond, with a choice:
    - send report
    - don't send report
    - debug

And I chose debug. Dunno if it's the right choice.
    And I'm scanning my computer with malware at the moment. Thanks for the advice!
    Found 3 infected object so far. What should I do with it? Never tried malware before.
    Will it give any option about what to do after it finished scanning my computer?

Oh another note, just got a warning again and it said that my AV found an unwanted program:
    TR/Spy.8704.192

*feels like I'm dyeing*

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

With what scanner, since someone is coming over to help tomorow I would just put them in the vault.
    If you have the name of the virus and the file name it is hidden in then you can try and find some information on it and maybe find a way to remove it, there ought to be people out there who had the same problem.
    And if all things go bad then run Combofix but I suggest waiting for your techi friend if you do, if the virus just wont go away you could try running combofix. And if that doesn't work a system restore ought to do the job.

Thundur Hospital
    Well, may as well while we're on topic of virus prevention and all.

I'm a Mac user, and I use Firefox with the addons ABP and NoScript. Does this particular virus affect Mac users? Also, I know there aren't an awful lot of viruses for Macs in general but for the sake of staying prudent, are there any recommended virus programs for it?

Thanks in advance.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Alibaba (L6)Minato (L6)Itachi (L8)
    Itachi (young) (L6)Gaara (L3)Chiaki (L8)
    Hibari (L9)Undertaker (L6)Kazama Chikage (L6)
    Omg!! Thank you soo much for warning us.
    Now I know what happened to my laptop (it's away getting fixed so I'm using this old computer at the moment) I hope I don't catch any viruses on this one.
    My laptop just keep shutting down unexpectedly and it won't start up properly like it used to, I wasn't so sure if it was the cause of the virus since I never quite notice this virus being installed while I was busy doing some studying. Everything happened so quickly.
    Last edited by Utauh; 05-15-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

Hmmm...I think I've had something of the sort, it was just an animation or something saying virus alert! and it looked like it was scanning my computer but once I looked at it carefully I noticed that the folder open is not actually mine, it's just a flash vid. BUT I don't know if this is what you are referring to, since I've come across it twice now and it doesn't seem to have done anything to my computer. I have avast and anti-spyware though, so that might've helped...?

EDIT: Though, my laptop did randomly start up in the middle of the night once...is it because of updates or this virus thing? O.o

Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

It seems some of you are still talking about the virus listed in the OP, and some of you are talking about different viruses......which can get confusing for some readers.

mokona.....if the virus started running a scan all by itself, then it slipped past your lines of defense already and was too late. Follow the steps in the OP for what to do. Either turn off your modem immediately, or turn off the pc immediately, then run full scans to check things out after you reboot.

If you shut down fast enough, you'll avoid problems. This seemed to be the case with the exact virus mentioned in the OP, of course. I'm sure there have been plenty of variations of it in the last year, but I haven't personally seen any yet.

I use FF with NoScript added, and my programs are avast! (free ed, real time), Malwarebytes (free ed, not real time) and SUPERAntiSpyware (free ed, not real time).

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

Quote Originally Posted by gollumsfriend View Post
    It seems some of you are still talking about the virus listed in the OP, and some of you are talking about different viruses......which can get confusing for some readers.

mokona.....if the virus started running a scan all by itself, then it slipped past your lines of defense already and was too late. Follow the steps in the OP for what to do. Either turn off your modem immediately, or turn off the pc immediately, then run full scans to check things out after you reboot.

If you shut down fast enough, you'll avoid problems. This seemed to be the case with the exact virus mentioned in the OP, of course. I'm sure there have been plenty of variations of it in the last year, but I haven't personally seen any yet.

I use FF with NoScript added, and my programs are avast! (free ed, real time), Malwarebytes (free ed, not real time) and SUPERAntiSpyware (free ed, not real time).
    Yes I will do that next time. But it hasn't seemed to have affected anything so far....it may have just been a minor virus that have been blocked or something?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Imagase (L8)Kyouichi (L8)Mookyul (L10)
    (S015) EwonSougo (L7)Shiki (L9)
    (S093) Jang Jaeyoung(S094) Chu SangwooSeimei (L8)
    Best way to keep safe is by after extracting from a zip file scanning the folder, I'd also recommend downloading from known sources; this will lower the chances of downloading viruses, it is also recommended to scan even if you have no virus, scan with your anti virus, then run malware bytes and scan all files again. It's not 100% proved but it surely does keep a computer clean. As to random programs being installed o your computer: usually when they're viruses they show up as anti viruses, here is the catch (they install themselves 1st then start scanning your computer, these are only a few of many more but they're the most common besides Trojans .. which can be equally harmful; best way to rid of them is to scan all computer, finding the specific program, Google and search if someone has encountered the same virus, if so how did they get rid of it and so on..this saves time mostly and money if you solve it yourself, I hope that help somehow.^
    Last edited by ItachiRules; 05-16-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast