aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Iason (L9)Yaichi (L8)Zenya (L5)
    Aizen (L3)Gin (L2)Saionji (L5)
    Rangiku (L6)Grell (L5)Oriya (L2)
    This has happened to me THREE different times on THREE different computers (all of the infections took place on Deviant Art, as well, so be wary). If you are infected, be sure to report it to the site and they will do their best to take down the ads that infected you.

Unfortunately, anti-virus software like AGV and Avast! do not work on this particular type of spy-ware.

The first time I was infected (on my old Windows XP laptop with AGV software), I had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall it (and the computer was still never the same again, imho).

The second time, on my brother's computer (also Windows XP and AGV protected), my dad installed Spyware Doctor and that managed to get rid of it. The product isn't free, but it's the only thing I've found that's worked effectively.

The third time was on my dad's Windows 7 64-bit computer. It had a subscription to Norton Internet Security, but it was ineffective at detecting the virus. Thankfully, Windows 7 seems to be a tad more resilient. I was finally able to get rid of the spyware by deleting my account on the computer (which was the infected account, and apparently I had done it soon enough that the virus hadn't reached my father's administrative account).

I'd definitely suggest Spyware Doctor, or if you have Windows 7 and multiple accounts on the computer, deleting the infected account before it's too late!

zander
    Ive had it before. It was XP Security 2011 and its a pain

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sephiroth (L8)Kyouya (L3)Usami (L2)
    Roxas (L4)Sono (L3)Pray for Japan
    Axel (L4)Lina Inverse (L2)Germany (L1)
    First off thanks for the warning.

ok so about this virus I have seen this thing twice in the past year, first time was back in September it got me on deviantart I had to get my system wiped and today around 4:30 I was checking something here on aarinfantasy when this thing pops up in my tool bar stating "a virus has been detected" an it does it's little scan (I was away from my computer at that time since AF is a trusted site) I came back and it was on my computer I couldn't access anything except this "antivirus" site so I backed up most of my files (while I keep getting popups about -Insert random file name here- has been infected) so I as I go to shut down I accidentally hit restart instead of shut down well as it restarted the CHKDSK ran and everything is working fine now I was able to delete a file (that I couldn't delete before the reboot) that had hit my laptop right before the virus did that the file claimed to be from aarinfantasy but the file (I scanned it with norton and it came up clean) is gone now and everything is working right now so here's my question is it gone or do I still have a problem?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Masamune (L1)
    It's actually rather easy to remove though. I got hit twice [by it and its sister version] on dA before I got my anti-virus back up and running.

You just need to download malwarebytes from some other computer (or use that same computer but with safari) and then reboot with the option "Safe mode with networking command prompt" and then you install malwarebytes (you may or may not have to do this a few times) and then have it run "quick scan" and it should be removed.

Depending on how the virus is removed, you may have to change a few registry files >.> I don't remember the exact details.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Yuri Katsuki (L10)Victor Nikiforov (L10)Fuzzy
    Makkachin(S052) Yuri Katsuki(S053) Victor Nikiforov
    Edward (L5)Yuri Katsuki (chibi) (L10)Naruto (L9)
    uhm, i really want to install this Malwarebytes, but i bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 just a few months back and now i'm not sure if it's a good idea to download this and install it. won't it slow down my computer? or maybe malwarebytes and kaspersky don't harmonise (i had this before, where two antivirus systems didn't harmonise and i had to delete one)...

Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by azure_sea View Post
    uhm, i really want to install this Malwarebytes, but i bought Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 just a few months back and now i'm not sure if it's a good idea to download this and install it. won't it slow down my computer? or maybe malwarebytes and kaspersky don't harmonise (i had this before, where two antivirus systems didn't harmonise and i had to delete one)...

If you're downloading the FREE version of Malwarebytes, why would there be a harmonizing issue???? The free version doesn't run 'real-time', it only runs when you choose to do an update and scan. Now....if you have two versions that both run real-time at the same time.....you could have issues.

I use THREE programs, only one runs real-time. The other two don't (one of them is Malwarebytes). These two only run when I do scans. I've never had any conflicting issues.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Yuri Katsuki (L10)Victor Nikiforov (L10)Fuzzy
    Makkachin(S052) Yuri Katsuki(S053) Victor Nikiforov
    Edward (L5)Yuri Katsuki (chibi) (L10)Naruto (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by gollumsfriend View Post
    If you're downloading the FREE version of Malwarebytes, why would there be a harmonizing issue???? The free version doesn't run 'real-time', it only runs when you choose to do an update and scan. Now....if you have two versions that both run real-time at the same time.....you could have issues.

I use THREE programs, only one runs real-time. The other two don't (one of them is Malwarebytes). These two only run when I do scans. I've never had any conflicting issues.
    ah, okay, i didn't know that.
    i downloaded malwarebytes, but didn't install it immediately, since i didn't know, if there would be issues.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Imagase (L8)Kyouichi (L8)Mookyul (L10)
    (S015) EwonSougo (L7)Shiki (L9)
    (S093) Jang Jaeyoung(S094) Chu SangwooSeimei (L8)
    Quote Originally Posted by gollumsfriend View Post

Yeah that's what I been trying to find out, if I should download Malwarebytes, I had it before but I don't seem to need it right now Avast is doing fine on it's own, but I should just install .. just in case :'D

Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiRules View Post
    Yeah that's what I been trying to find out, if I should download Malwarebytes, I had it before but I don't seem to need it right now Avast is doing fine on it's own, but I should just install .. just in case :'D

Yep!! It never hurts to have a second program---even if it doesn't run 'real-time'. You can manually run a scan once a week (I do) or at least once a month......because there's NO program out there that finds every single bug---I don't care what anyone says!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Destroyed My BabyHad to restore original system settings to how it was when I got it out of the boxI Got it when I was searching for pics of Gaara

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast