aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Misaki (L1)Nowaki (L3)Usami (L2)
    Oz (L2)Honey (L2)Yoite (L2)
    Suzuki-sanPray for Japan
    oh no! im sorry! thanks for for the heads up.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Alucard (L3)
    Hey guys, go get a copie of Eset Nod 32, i ran into the virus Eset pretty much ate it before i even knew what was going on :P

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Mattzero View Post
    Hey guys, go get a copie of Eset Nod 32, i ran into the virus Eset pretty much ate it before i even knew what was going on :P
    Really? I usually don't have problems with viruses (and I hope not in the future, with this or any), but I need to get Eset Nod again (my anti virus expired), so, they already make an anti-virus for this monster?

Another question: pop-up blockers will keep the pc safe, or this virus is a b*tch with sheep skin and will infect the hard drive anyway?

Yaoi Amateur
    in the middle of the woods on a mountain.
    Savings

Link (L7)Hisagi (L7)Wing 1 (Right)
    Wing 1 (Left)YinYang 1Pray for Japan
    Zechs (L7)Fang (L8)Ritsuka (L4)
    Pop-up blockers don't work on it, yes it's a snake in a sheepskin rug. I just got hit with it again.

Somebody suggested in an earlier post to get Malwarebytes anti-malware. I did and I use that in addition to Avast anti-virus. Malwarebytes catches it and gets rid of it.

Another trick to try that my dad discovered is that the virus tends to hit just one user on a computer. Which means that if you're using Malwarebytes, then you can go onto a second account and get rid of it that way. Just have a second Admin account on the computer. That's what I did and got rid of it.

Keep a standard Anti-Virus and a good Anti-Malware program and have a secondary Administrator User account (my second says Admin Safety) and you should be doing good.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Victor Nikiforov (L10)DS_004_midYuri Katsuki (L10)
    Yuri Plisetsky (L9)DS_004_rightOtabek Altin (L9)
    (S075) Cloud StrifeDS_006_leftJin (L8)

I recognise this virus, it has tried to infect my comp a couple of time when I was reading manga online...
    This is what I recommend you do if you see it (I have Windows 7):

Do Not Panic! I don't know how other Anti-virus programs work but I'm pretty sure you can somewhere on your screen see it and if the status of your comp is okey or not. I have Norton so I have a green circle if all is good. As soon as you see the pop-up virus, looka at your status. If your anti-virus hasn't reacted then it means that your comp is fine and that the pop-up is a virus.

Don't get fooled by the virus! Don't start to click at it to remove non-existent threats. All you have to do is to shut off your computer and the virus window will go away. Then start your computer again and run your ani-virus scan to check for damage. This is what I have done and as far as I can see no damage has happened to my system.

And most importantly; Get a anti-virus that is reliable and scan your computer regularly, the more often the better!

Hope that helped, even if just a little

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Angeal (L6)X Classic Italics (Black)Sephiroth (L8)
    Zack (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Spacer 1
    Genesis (L5)Vincent (L8)Abel (L1)
    heres recommend to protect your computer/laptop -

Anti-Virus program: (Suggest two anti programs... I have Nod32 and Avast! on my computer, it works really great each others.)
    Nod32
    Avast!
    AVG (dont work with windows 7)
    Malwarebyte's Anti-Malwarebyte
    Or other program that you prefer to use. But please... dont use Norton because it SUCKS!

Firefox addons:
    ABP
    Noscript

those only two are VERY GREAT to block a lot of ads and popups.

Anti-keylogging:
    DataGuard (dont work with 64 bits but does work on 32 bits)
    Keyscramber

Cleanup junks program:
    Glary Utilities

theres other program but I can't remember names.

Spyware Blaster is also recommended!

Thats all I think of... Most of those programs are free to download execpt Nod32. I have all of those on lists execpt Dataguard since it dont work with 64 bits. I never gotten any virus, adwares, malwares and even popups at all. I love those so I'd suggest you guys do same thing.

Dalek
    Hello! I usually just lurk around, but I wanted to pop in real fast here. I also suggest you become intimately familiar with the inner workings of your computer. Get used to recognizing the signs of an infection. Get to know your Task Manager (or whatever the Mac equivalent of that is; I usually work with PCs). What processes does your computer run normally? How much of your CPU is generally used? Make sure you know what's standard behavior for your PC/Mac versus when it's being odd. As long as you keep abreast of things, even if something slips past your antivirus you'll be able to tell. Clean out your registry and hard drive regularly. Be prepared! Remember, your computer is your friend. Don't rely on a third party to keep things running smoothly. It's an assist, not a crutch. Good luck!

Yaoi Supporter
    In a box, inside another box, next to a surprisingly nice fellow named Simon who plays the flute....
    Savings

Tatsumi Souichi (L6)Aki (L7)Link (L8)
    Pray for JapanTokito (L3)Ginko (L6)
    Might (L1)Sono (L3)(S001) Endo
    So I had this huge problem with this "anti-virus" saying I had many viruses... and it wouldn't let me use any of my programs, and my anti-virus wouldn't catch it, but in reality it's a scam trying to get you to purchase it.... my friend Nait helped me and I would like to give you guys my solution, I hope it helps.
    What this programs does:

Antispyware Soft is a rogue from the same family as Antivirus Soft and Antivirus Suite. This rogue is promoted through malware that will install the program on to your computer without your permission or knowledge. In fact, when the program is installed it will stay running in the background and perform no actions until some later date when it then starts to display its warnings and program screen. This program is also configured to start automatically when Windows loads, and once running, will scan your computer and state that your computer has numerous infections. If you try to remove any of these infections, though, the program will not allow it until you purchase the program. This is a scam, as the infections this program displays do not actually exist on your computer. Instead they are being showed to scare you into purchasing it.

Remove Antispyware Soft (Uninstall Guide)

I followed the instructions and it did work, I am thankful. ^^ XD
    Thank-you SO much for posting that!!! It was driving me insane!!! My Computer has been attacked with so many viruses lately it's not even funny. A lot of them can be cured with Super Anti Spyware, or Malwarebytes, but this one would'nt even let me open any of those programs. But as soon as I put my computer into safe mode, I was able to run the programs safely.

The some of the pop-ups even made really freaky noises!! One sounded like a pig being slaughtered, i'm not even kidding (I guess that it's designed to scare you into buying the product, regardless i'm wary of having the volume up now....).

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Gaara (L3)Naruto (L4)
    damn you virus!!!
    Ive always wonder whats the best anti virus

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

(Event) FaceBook - YukinaTeito (L4)Heart 1 (Red)
    Frau (L1)Ciel (L9)Love (01)
    Pray for JapanSebastian (L8)Mikage (L1)
    ahhrait, tis heLped! :] thank.u

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast