aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(Event) Forum - Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(Event) Forum - Yuri Katsuki
    Wing 1 (Left)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Wing 1 (Right)
    Noeru (L11)Rey (L3)DS_006_right

Thank you so much I'm a lot calmer know. I only can see windows logo after reseting my comp or after instaling updates. Never when I'm jst turning it on. It was always working like this. And if this problem with MU started over a week ago my computer till now should be death if any files downloaded by me was infected. I downloaded since then a lot GBs from MU.
    Thank you again.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Yuki Eiri (L5)Shuichi (L5)Yuki Eiri (L10)
    Yuki Eiri (L9)Ryuichi (L10)Kumaguro
    Yonekuni (L3)Shuichi (L6)Toko UB (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    Think like this, no windows at all.. not even windows logo.. just black
    like beep beep! and nothing... Windows logo doesn't pop in as normally
    Thanks for explaining it. Feel much better, my computer starts with logo and no beeps.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Quote Originally Posted by bra00724 View Post
    Another "silly" question. And what if when I star my comp I never see windows logo. It's always starting like this. Just screen with my password and then it's open.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy12 View Post
    Your computer is probably OK. How long was it not showing up with the windows logo? The MegaUpload problem, as far as I can tell, started a week and a half ago. If your logo was missing before then, then the viruses didn't get it.
    And what about if the computer doesn't show the Windows Logo... because when you hit the on/off button it goes in sleep and not shutdown? That would be a simple explanation

Well... on another point... I am surprised about the warning, I search different places but I was not able to find any references to a virus attack with Megaupload downloads and I was wondering, lazy12, if you had some "litterature" about it...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by lazy12 View Post
    Ubuntu and its variants seem to be having the most problems. It seems the malware that's affecting the Linux systems messes with the boot image. The kernel panics when it can't find the correct image. I fixed that one by wiping the hard drive and reinstalling the operating system (luckily the affected person kept their data backed up).

At this point I don't know what patchset would be used for this. I'm going to look into it because it's annoying me as well.[COLOR="orange"]
    The person in question must have been running a hideously insecure system--why was a user account even being allowed to write to the directory containing the kernel boot image? Either the user was were browsing the web while logged in as root (in which case they should be spanked big-time--you don't do that), the permissions on the directory were poorly chosen, or the worm in question was exploiting sudo. Makes me glad I run an su-only system.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chisato (L2)Shunsuke (L2)Nekozawa (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    And what about if the computer doesn't show the Windows Logo... because when you hit the on/off button it goes in sleep and not shutdown? That would be a simple explanation

Well... on another point... I am surprised about the warning, I search different places but I was not able to find any references to a virus attack with Megaupload downloads and I was wondering, lazy12, if you had some "litterature" about it...
    A lot of people came in with problems after downloading files from MegaUpload. I used the work computer to check it out, and the anti-virus software started going crazy. This was a few days ago, on Wednesday. I intend to check it again when I go in for my shift later today. No, I don't have any other information on the virus attack, just what I've seen firsthand.

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

I download from MU on an almost daily basis.. have had no issues with viruses, malware, etc from their website or from the files I downloaded/extracted/installed/etc. Perhaps it shouldn't be blamed on MU as a whole - what are these people downloading, exactly? Do you know for sure that they haven't picked it up from somewhere else? I'd believe more that they interacted with pop-ups from MU's site and allowed things to be installed through that action.

I don't think anyone should panic simply because they've been downloading from MU recently.

If it IS linked to MU somehow - some education.. be sure when closing pop-ups that you only use OS controls - such as, in Windows, use the X in the upper right-hand corner to close the windows. Do not use buttons within the popup. Do not click on dialogue boxes (Yes, No, Cancel buttons are off-limits - only use the X). Run Anti-Virus software! Don't trust your Windows firewall to catch everything. And be sure files you're downloading come from a trusted source.

edit: I also cannot find anything current about viruses or malware in association with MU or any files contained on their website. For a site that big, if there was really an issue, I would expect a pretty big outcry.
    Last edited by fataltea; 12-28-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Gojo Satoru (L9)Starrk (L9)Theodore (L2)
    November (L8)Thane Krios (L7)Munechika (L9)
    Kirishima Zen (L10)Kakashi (L8)Dino (L9)

Thanks, tchan! I downloaded a boatload of stuff from MU yesterday and haven't noticed any problems. I just AVG scanned the folder I download anime to and it didn't find anything suspicious. I am, however, a paid MU user, so I don't get the popups and such.

I would assume that this problem is likely human error -- some people are really bad with popup ads and wind up installing things by accident all the time (about 80% of my friends are really stupid when it comes to this kind of thing). Like tchan said, I'd expect an enormous outrcy about something like this.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Count D (L8)KumaguroSuzuki-san
    ZundarHibird#2
    Ai Mikaze (L9)Midorima (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)
    thanks for the warning!^_^ but....like the moment I read this my computer died!*_*

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Yuki Eiri (L9)Wing 1 (Right)
    Sai (L6)Kyouya (L3)Yamato (L1)
    LamboRanmaru I (L1)Yuuko (L4)
    thank you very much for the information!

question: does MU only has a virus attack??mediafire, rapidshare, etc. and all the other file storage is safe for downloading? i downloaded in mediafire and using a kaspersky anti virus, it said that it is clean..

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Chisato (L2)Shunsuke (L2)Nekozawa (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by miodes View Post
    thank you very much for the information!

question: does MU only has a virus attack??mediafire, rapidshare, etc. and all the other file storage is safe for downloading? i downloaded in mediafire and using a kaspersky anti virus, it said that it is clean..
    Well, to be perfectly honest, no file-sharing site is perfectly safe. Viruses can get in, no matter where. But mediafire and the others seem to be alright.

As far as the MegaUpload situation goes, I haven't heard anything about whether it is fixed or not. As soon as I have more information I'll post about it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast