aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Violettaa View Post
    I use windows 7, and even though I did come across a LOT of problems relating to TnC (crashing, saves, etc), I've managed to solve them all except for this one little bug.
    Halfway through the game, (at different points), Akira's voice stops working. I can hear the effects, the music, and other characters' voices, but not Akira's. :s
    How can I solve this?
    That's really weird. o_O I haven't heard that one before...

Let's start with some basics... Could you take a screenshot of your file-folder where the game was installed?

It should look something like this:
    togainu_no_chi_files.png

I'm curious about the size of the 'Voice.apk' file.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    That's really weird. o_O I haven't heard that one before...

Let's start with some basics... Could you take a screenshot of your file-folder where the game was installed?

It should look something like this:
    togainu_no_chi_files.png

I'm curious about the size of the 'Voice.apk' file.

I've actually uninstalled the game later on and reinstalled it, but I suppose the voice.apk file had a slightly smaller size. 67431.PNG
    This is what the new one looks like.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Violettaa View Post
    I've actually uninstalled the game later on and reinstalled it, but I suppose the voice.apk file had a slightly smaller size. 67431.PNG
    This is what the new one looks like.

o_O Those file sizes are all over the place. Where did you download the TnC installer from? Maybe the install is bad, and might be the reason why you had all those problems. Heck, the 0cg file is off by quite a bit....

Alternatively, do you have your computer set to Archive/Compress files sometimes?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Nanjo (L3)Soubi (L4)Aoba (L2)
    Ciel (L5)Makoto Tachibana (young) (L2)Haruka Nanase (L6)
    Rin Matsuoka (L4)Sion (L4)Nezumi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
    Sadly that didn't work for me However, I did find a method that worked for me on Windows 8 x 64.

I play in Full screen, but it works even if you play in windowed mode.
    NOTE 1: Make sure you do Uncheck ' edit save file descriptions' as mentioned above
    NOTE 2: If you play Full screen ... you HAVE to do step 1, otherwise it doesn't work!

If you play in full screen :
    1) Press 'F' to go into Windowed Mode
    2) Save or Load
    3) if it does freeze, hover over the game icon on your toolbar & right-click it.
    4) Your game window is now unfrozen!!
    5) Press 'F' to back into Full Screen Mode.

If you play in Windowed Mode:
    > Follow Steps 2-4

When you Right Click, you want to make sure the menu doesn't pop up (the one that says Restore, Close, etc.) Just right-click in a different spot if it comes up.

I hope this helps someone!
    Oh my goodness, thank you so much! it was hanging so much, and the above solution didn't work, I was so upset! Your method was much less complicated and actually worked, thank you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I advise you guys trying that link again: http://www.coscom.co.jp/learnjapanes...en4.html(works fine for me...) If it still does not work for you, I'll copy and paste here.Windows 7Option : Setting "non-Unicode Program"After installing Japanese fonts you can view Japanese websites, as well as type and view Japanese with word processing software or email software.If Japanese does not appear properly even after installing Japanese fonts, please try to set "non-Unicode Programs".After setting this option, you need to Restart Windows.1. Open Control Panel from Start menu.2. Open "Clock, Language, and Region". (The green title link)3. Open "Change keyboards or other input methods" of "Regional and Language". (A BLUE sub link)4. Open "Change system locale..." of "Administrative" tab. (One of the top 4 Tabs)5. If a dialog box "User Account Control" appears to ask your permission to continue, Click "Continue".6. Select "Japanese (Japan)" from the pulldown menu. (Scroll down until you find it! It's all in alphabetical order!) Your default language will not change by selecting Japanese here.7. Restart Windows (Kay Hint: This will restart your computer. Save all your stuff and close safely, you might lose your stuff if not D: )Hope this works for you! I'm currently downloading TnC

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Shiki (L2)Izuki Shun (L4)
    I have the problem, when Keisuke shows up in Toshima, after some talk with Akira - I think directly before I should have a choice to make - there comes up the window with " ... save ..." and the game shuts down.
    Well, everytime I save the game, I can't continue playing - for me, that's ok, I just have to restart the game.
    But if I restart the game after this automatic save, I can't continue at the point 'Akira speeking with Keisuke' - or the Decision.

I have Windows 8, region language is set in Japanese.
    Last edited by Reeney; 06-28-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Switch to Japanese

Hello,
    I´ve a problem with eng patch - maybe
    It has happened after 2 .meeting with Takeru(? blue hair) .
    Interview switches back to Japanese.
    But the names remain in English.
    Could anybody help me ?
    P.S.
    Excuse my english if there are mistakes. It is not my mother tongue.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello!
    I've also been experiencing my game crashing after the options ''Stick with Rin" and "No thanks". The worst is that the game crashes after a while with both options, respectively after Akira finds Keisuke and when he's dreaming.
    So here's what I tried:
    - I've changed my system locale to Japan, but I cannot change the language, because my Windows 8 is Single Language (that made me super duper angry!)
    - I've tried running the game as admin. Still crashed (although, the game didnt have that huge pause after loading/saving)
    - Lastly, I've tried running the game in Compatibility mode as Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and as Windows 7. Still doesn't work.
    I'm almost starting to lose hope, but I'll download Windows 8 Virtual PC and Applocale and see if one of them works out. Still, if possible, I'd like some help while I search for these tools. P.S: I download TnC from Fuwanovel.
    Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Reeney, have you tried running the game as admin?
    And eegie, where did you get your english patch from?

UPDATE: It has worked with AppLocale! The game stoped crashing! But now, a new problem has arrived: when the characters speak (dialogue-type, when they are not shown full-body in the screen), their faces doesn't appear anymore -- actually, the background doesn't appear anymore either. I'm at a complete loss with this game.
    Last edited by SoratoYume; 07-08-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by SoratoYume View Post
    Hello!
    I've also been experiencing my game crashing after the options ''Stick with Rin" and "No thanks". The worst is that the game crashes after a while with both options, respectively after Akira finds Keisuke and when he's dreaming.
    So here's what I tried:
    - I've changed my system locale to Japan, but I cannot change the language, because my Windows 8 is Single Language (that made me super duper angry!)
    - I've tried running the game as admin. Still crashed (although, the game didnt have that huge pause after loading/saving)
    - Lastly, I've tried running the game in Compatibility mode as Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and as Windows 7. Still doesn't work.
    I'm almost starting to lose hope, but I'll download Windows 8 Virtual PC and Applocale and see if one of them works out. Still, if possible, I'd like some help while I search for these tools. P.S: I download TnC from Fuwanovel.
    Thanks in advance!

And eegie, where did you get your english patch from?

UPDATE: It has worked with AppLocale! The game stoped crashing! But now, a new problem has arrived: when the characters speak (dialogue-type, when they are not shown full-body in the screen), their faces doesn't appear anymore -- actually, the background doesn't appear anymore either. I'm at a complete loss with this game.
    There doesn't seem to be very many people with Windows 8 that have successfully gotten TnC to work properly. It must be because the game is so old.

I've also heard that the Fuwanovel version doesn't have the 100% English script, so just a heads up in case something happens.

Changing your computer's Locale to Japanese doesn't change the actual Language Windows is displayed in, and it shouldn't. You don't need the language to also be Japanese, just the Locale. So you can still safely have your computer running in English, and have the Japanese Locale set on all the time. ^_^ I've done that for over a year now, and the only issue I found, is that I see the Japanese Yen symbol instead of backslashes in certain dialogue boxes. (And Sims 3 uses the Locale to install the proper language, so I had to switch out when I added my expansion packs).

Beyond that... I'm really not sure what to suggest on this... I don't have Windows 8, so I cannot test this myself.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Shiki (L2)Izuki Shun (L4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoratoYume View Post
    Why can't a programm automatically be opened like this if you're admin of the computer?
    Well, thanks! Now it works (:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast