aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kojichan, when I got home from work I tried the first 2 methods you suggested but I didn't have much luck with them
    I think I tried the 3rd method right, that was just unticking the button in config menu yes?
    If so, that was a no go as well
    Last edited by ToriChan; 03-26-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Alright then, let's see something else!

Would you be able to take a screenshot of the folder where TnC is installed? It should look something like this:
    togainu_no_chi_files.png

Pay attention to the file-sizes, and see if they match.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

This here is my folder, comparing to your's it seems to be missing the script.pak.bak file

Untitled.png
    Last edited by ToriChan; 03-26-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I don't suppose the game is crashing at the same point every time? If not, about how long (time wise) before the game goes poo poo?

Hmm, I will admit, that I've seen games work in Windows 8 once, then once they download the 8.1 Update patch they just stop working...

Can you try running the game in a compatibility mode? Right-click on the EXE, select Properties at the bottom, then the 'Compatibility' Tab. Select, "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP SP3".

When the game dies, is there a crash message or does it just close in on itself without saying anything?

Also, do you have any anti-virus programs? If so, try disabling them temporarily.

I have one last option if nothing else works... This is a last-ditch effort. If the game crashing is caused by another program interfering, you can try using a program called 'Sandboxie'. (Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing Free version)

After you install this, restart your computer, find the Togainunochi.exe and right-click on it, selecting 'Run Sandboxed'.

Sandboxie is a program that forces other programs to run in protected memory space, and attempts to prevent outside interference. For example, running a web browser and a malware decides to invade. It also prevents rogue drivers and other programs (like antivirus programs). Give that a try.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I'll definitely give these methods a shot today
    Technically you can say the game doesn't actually crash, it just freezes whenever I save it which I then need to end task to actually close it
    I have the free version of the virus scanner avast

Update:
    I disabled my virus scanner, tried changing the compatibility and I downloaded Sandboxie but it's just coming up with an error when I try and open the game through it
    Here is what it's coming up with
    Untitled.png
    Last edited by ToriChan; 03-26-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: updated

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Oh my, I was looking at the screenshot and clicked the big red 'X' button to close it, forgetting it wasn't a real window. Haha!

---
    *cough* Erm! OK then.

Thank you for letting me know when it crashes. Sandboxie was nice to try, but feel free to remove it.

I'm sorry this is being a bit of a hassle. In all seriousness, Windows 8.1 has been a headache for tons of game players, even Steam users.

Alright then... so when saving... one sec. Without running Sandboxie, keep your antivirus disabled and try running the game again. Make sure to run in Administrator mode.

I really wish I could test this myself, but I don't have a Windows 8.1 computer in the house. I suppose I should invest in it sometime so I can troubleshoot problems like this. I have a spare laptop I could prolly install it on....
    Last edited by Kojichan; 03-27-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

My windows user name is just my name, since I sign in using my email address ^^
    I wasn't all keen on this Windows 8 tbh, I'd still use my old laptop but she's gone to heaven XD
    And I honestly have no idea how to fiddle with DMMd save files, I've installed Pokki which allows me to have the windows start menu
    I'm still not used to Windows 8 so I have no idea where anything is
    I disabled avast and run as administrator but it still freezes whenever I save or load the one file I was able to write

Ah, no need to worry too much
    If it doesn't work it doesn't work I'll just drown my sorrows in DMMd
    Last edited by ToriChan; 03-27-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Terribly sorry, you replied to my post before I edited. XD I was staring at your signature (and your avatar + username) and thought you were having troubles with DMMd for a brief moment. It's early morning for me. Need moar coffee.

--

Yeah, Windows 8 has been seriously picky with things, especially after the 8.1 patch update. I'm sorry you can't play it yet.

Other people have tried using Virtual PC's while using Windows 8 with success. If you do go down this route, use a Windows XP Virtual PC box, and make sure TnC is not installed in the Program Files folder, again.

^_^; Sorry about everything...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

No worries! Thank you again
    Sorry to have you think of all this with no result, I really appreciate it
    I might look into getting the virtual pc thingo
    At a later date though, my latop's probably annoyed with all the installing and uninstalling
    Thank you again, I hope the information you supplied me will help someone else though!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I use windows 7, and even though I did come across a LOT of problems relating to TnC (crashing, saves, etc), I've managed to solve them all except for this one little bug.
    Halfway through the game, (at different points), Akira's voice stops working. I can hear the effects, the music, and other characters' voices, but not Akira's. :s
    How can I solve this?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast