aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Feedback (AKA: criticism)

1. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    latest work..

please tell me what you think, the orinal image was HUGGEE ,
    vertically so it was such a challenge, if anyone needs tips on how to keep an image looking good but still fit in a set call me
  2. Flei
    Flei
    khoakhung
    H-heeey there~ xD *COUGH* Anyway, time to examine your stuff! :3

PROS
    - Nice mood
    - Pretty
    - Great text effects
    - Simple

CONS
    - Crop
    - Text placement
    - Base (original image) is lacking effects

REVIEW
    THE GOOD: I really like what you did with this sig. =D I don't think it needs that much work, actually. Your sig's background and effects set a nice mood and match your base's mood. It looks shiny and pretty, and it has great text effects. I think that's an outer glow effect? Or a blurred drop shadow, perhaps. Whatever the case, I love it! <3 Also, the simple approach was really well done. The soft glow in contrast to the dark background makes the sig seem enchanting and deep. *__* I really love that.

THE BAD: The crop looks a little strange. Usually, when you cut off the view of a character's face, you compensate it by making the second character (Ciel) the main focus by putting him in the middle. But... he isn't. Instead, it kinda looks like the coat Sebastian's holding is the main focus of the sig. Actually, this original pic looks really hard to work with, period. I'm surprised you managed to create something this good out of it. :3 The second thing is the text placement. When you leave the text that far away from the pic, it's kind of a pain. You have to look to the right to see Ciel, and then to the left to see the text. If you put the text closer to Ciel, I think it'd look very nice. And lastly, I think the base is lacking effects. You can touch it up with soft light layers or something. A couple of adjustment layers wouldn't hurt, either. ;3

OVERALL
    I really like this sig and can't believe what great results you got from such a hard pic. xD The things I pointed out are more nit-picky than anything, so it isn't that big of a deal. LOL, you're definitely on your way to being a super awesome graphics-maker!
  3. Shinrei04
    Shinrei04
    Thank you for the comments. I wasnt sure which font to use so I just played around with it. If anyone has suggestions on the font I am open to it. Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a quote please let me know, beacuse mine seems really silly now.

This was my first time working with multiple layers and since I learned how to save as xcf I will be doing sigs more often.
  4. vizard light
    vizard light

redo of my sig
  5. Halite75
    Halite75
    Looks very nice, Viz. I really like how you did your name and the background.

Did you consider putting a subtle outer glow around the main picture or a light behind him?
  6. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    Flei darling it'd been so long
    thankyou for the comments, it really helped me a lot *writes it down...*
    i shall try my best to do all of those thing
    maybe someday i can be as good as you ?
  7. Flei
    Flei
    I've missed you! <3

Hee~ Glad my comments helped! Good luck on making your awesome graphics even more awesome! ;P

LOL! I'm sure you'll become just as good as me at the rate you're improving! =D You're doing a LOT better than I did when I first started learning how to use Photoshop.
  8. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    haha maybe someday maybe...
    i missed you lots too
  9. vizard light
    vizard light
    @Halite thanks for the feedback!
    I wanted him dark ..It hides my bad rendering
    I'll try the background light..it's a good idea..I still have psd
  10. vizard light
    vizard light
    new sig I like it though..what do you think?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast