aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Help Discussion

1. Halite75
    What problems do you have making avatars? Do you man coming up with new ideas for avatars? I wish I could help, but my avatars are very average and not especially creative.
  2. sef
    sef
    I have problem resizing and positioning them.
  3. Halite75
    Halite75
    Are you using PhotoShop?

1. Once you've made you siggy, save a copy of it to create your avatar.
    2. Go to Image-->Canvas Size and change it to avatar size.
    3. To resize your image, select the layer with your image on it and make sure you have the box checked at the top of your screen that says "Show Bounding Box." Then go to one of the corners and pull it toward the center of the image to make it smaller (pull the corner away from the image to make it larger). HINT: Hold down the SHIFT key while doing this to make sure you don't distort the image's aspect ratio.
    4. If you have layers that you want to resize at the same time as you resize your main image, make sure you have those layers linked to your main image before doing step 3.
    5. While you have the bounding box showing for a layer you can also rotate it by going just outside a corner with your mouse. A rotate symbol (curved double sided arrow) will appear and you can rotate your image however you like.

Does any of that help at all?
  4. vizard light
    vizard light
    what i do this when I open new file I set it up to 500x175 and go from there.
    And for avatar, pick crop tool and choose 5x5 setting. so your avatar will come out square.
    After that go to resize image and 130x130 or what ever size you want.
    it will re size it proportionally
    hope it helps
    To rotate image use move tool.(arrow with little cross) just drag and turn around
  5. sef
    sef
    Halite and vizzy thanks for the tips, I'll try out.
  6. Halite75
    Halite75
    @Viz I don't use the crop tool anymore or do Image--> Image Size because too many times after doing that I've wanted to to adjust/move things in the avatar after doing that. I find Image-->Canvas Size is better because it doesn't delete/crop any parts of my picture/layers that I might want to move around.
  7. ahgreg
    ahgreg
    Need someone to make some small graphics/icons for AF Pageant 2009!
    PM me with samples if interested
  8. IchijouRen
    IchijouRen
    *hides from Greggie*

As for sef, what I do is after I finished a sig, I leave it open then make a new layer then Image > Apply Image > OK
    Then after that I make the new canvas for the avatar 130 x 130 lets say then I go back to the sig and get the Rectangular Marquee tool and highlight the part of the sig that I want for the ava >.> like this
    then CTRL + C (copy) then CTRL + V (paste) it on the canvas of the avatar then move it around till your satisfied :3
    After that, you have to Apply Image again (in a new layer) then add a stroke XD

Here's the finished ava :3

blah D:
    I failed at explaining stuff : l
    hope that helps you~
  9. BlackCoffee
    BlackCoffee
    Hi...
    At the risk of sounding like a complete photoshop newbie(which i am sorta)
    today I was reading a tutorial and in one part the maker said "Add Cad's 1-3 and b.options" <-- Now I know what b.options are..but wtf are Cad's?! I couldnt figure it out..and google wasn't much of a help. So..can someone teach the newbie?
  10. Melissa
    Melissa
    Um can I see the tutorial you were reading from? I might figure it out, but I don't think I know it out of the top of my head. oO;

And don't worry about being a newbie, we all had to start somewhere! x)
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast