aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Help Discussion

1. dirrrty
    dirrrty
    I usually use the gradient tool for those kind of things (in your screenshot right next to the bucket xD). You can choose two color or one color and the other transparent...
    But maybe there is a better way of doing this
  2. Halite75
    Halite75
    celtic is talking about gradually fading the image, not the color (which would be using gradient). I'm not aware of any easy way to gradually fade an image. Maybe if you show a pic of what your are asking about it would help.
  3. dirrrty
    dirrrty
    Yeah, but with a solid background... So I would still go for the gradient tool.
  4. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    hmm...

if you can, set your eraser to like 200 pixels, 0% hardness, and 10-25% opacity. and then slowly erase your image. going onver the areas more that yo uwant to show up less...

at least that's what I do. but if I'm doing a fade to black, you can also just use the gradient tool. my profile for example was done with gradient set to multiply over the image...i think...
  5. Otome
    Otome
    I don't know what Photoshop element has, but if you are able to do masking, you can use the gradient technique to do a gradual fade. Just apply the gradient to the mask layer. Now as you may know, masking layer uses only black white values, so for a complete fade to nothing, use black.
  6. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    Okay. Here's the wallpaper I'm looking at using, if it makes things any easier. I'm not really sure that there's a good way to do it, though. Sorry it took so long to reply. I went home to my parents' overnight, which seriously cuts into my online time.

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll have to try a few different ones and see if any of them work. It just bothers me to see a solid line where the wallpaper ends and the rest of the profile begins, and I can't find a way to take the background of this wallpaper (the red & black without Ichigo) and make it cover the rest of the profile without covering up parts that it shouldn't.
  7. cabbit_girl
    cabbit_girl
    just to give idea,

i duplicated the image and flipped it vertically, so its like a mirror image...that way you dont have that harsh line. then I covered with a color layer and used that soft erase to erase the top. I used a dark red layer and set it to linear burn, to get the first one.

for the second one I used a black color layer and soft erased.

8. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    Thank you so much, cabbit, Halite, Otome, & dirrrty!
  9. celtic7irish
    celtic7irish
    Question....where does one find the tools needed to do animation in PS Elements 11? I've found some tutorials, but they just say to 'open animations', but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Anybody have an idea?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627