aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Drawing Board

1. hakuyoku
    hakuyoku
    that would be a LOT and LOT of designs...
    costume wise and world style wise and building wise....and much ...surranding wise...
    of the world the magic and all the fantasy.....
    but ...taht's about it...

,....too complicated...?..
    i guess that's my only input on that....

i think focus on something more specifc would be better >>?..since this is our first project.....
  2. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Mmm, it's true...it's a lot. If we squash it down so that it's not too much, or too extensive...

I thought it was cool cuz it wrapped everything together...

What's the most complicated thing about that...just that it would be too in depth and like, TOO big storywise? (*maybe trying to weedle out the 'in the way' factors to minimize the workload of that idea, simplify it*) Or do you not like the fantasy element because it would be a lot of work...?

I thought the, "build his life" idea was kind of interesting... :3

It might be kinda cool if we sort of made in the beginning, gave them an option that had them pick a group of friends that put a big influence on the rest of the game...like befriend the bullies/gang members or befriend the cool kids and then you cant befriend other certain ppl or get certain events because they aren't in your social circle.

I'm browsing a bl/yaoi game database that has the descriptions of a couple different games and talks a bit about the different styles that the games play out. It's a great place to get some ideas...
    Boys' Love Games Headquarters

There are some games that play out, allowing you to choose different characters at the beginning of the game and different stories to carry out. The common seems to only be 3 or 4 but it's an interesting idea to keep in mind...
  3. hakuyoku
    hakuyoku
    i like the idea of be able to choose characters ..(taht's what i'm doing with my story..)
    it's like..telling a story from the semi-minor character's view..and then tell the story in another..
    and in the end the whole story ties together to be one...=3...
    those are most of the time really nice.........

and i like that u can choose which group of friend u befriend..
    that would be intersting......
    (so that means the story can have 2 main branch of story and they can develope to be very very differnet.....that would be nice.......)

..personally..i just want the story more on the darker side...
    hahahaaha
    (can not stand sunny storys atm........lol.......)
  4. Phoenixangel
    Phoenixangel
    it's a nice idea in theory, but the problem is your aiming for a very open world esque game. and i dont think we have the resources to make it any good. in order for what you to suggest to be playable and fun it would have to be vast and hugely complicated. making a it simple would frustrate players by inhibiting their choices.

especially given this is a small group of people doing this for the first time? i think stick to simple and reasonabley linear.
    have fairly set story idea, that can be influenced by the player but mostly heads in one direction.
    most jrpgs and games tbh XD especially this kind are more like play along novels than true 'games'

maybe limit it to two three options like you say which class he chooses influences which people he meets but after that it needs to narrow down.

whilst i love the idea in theory i jsut don't think logistically it can be done...
    for a start there would have to be several different stories written each as complex each other which will take a hell of a long time...
    and then all the art to go with it....^^;

hehe hakuyoku ^^ dark stories ftw i love writing depresing monolouges XD
  5. Sorin
    Sorin
    So far, everything is sounding very interesting. I like the idea of being able to chose a character (kinda like Ever 17, never played a yaoi game like that yet), but wouldn't that make the game harder to make? I think sticking to one character is a good idea for now. Maybe a sequel or an expansion in the future?

I do like the idea of choosing classes. It could be the first step to deciding what ending you get (or not...). Since this is the first game we'd be putting out I wouldn't go for more that 4 or 5 endings (or more if the game will be REALLY short).

If anyone needs some research done, just ask me and I'll start searchin!
  6. Phoenixangel
    Phoenixangel
    if you were to have say three character options at the beginning, there would have to be three stories, elements from each story may overlap slightly so there not totally different. i personally would have no trouble writing three stories XD but the other work that has to go into it may be quite a lot more?
    it would maybe be more doable with two characters options? maybe a 'dark' character and a 'light' character or uke or seme? XD
    then you have two distinct story lines that have overlapping traits which would make design easier but also provides a slightly non linear game?
    and then chose the classes which would influence say an academic personality or a sporty one and also the people you meet. then through playing you can chose to talk more to one character or be really rude to another etc etc.

i think once you've got past the first initial choices the rest will sort of play themselves out? i mean if you tell one character to sod off, the appropriate response would be offence and dislike so obviously he wont be a friend.
    but if you pick the option to compliment his tie XD he might like you...unless he thinks it's sarcastic..so the game would take that direction..
    if that makes sense :S. i'm rambling..><

i think my main point was two choices at the begining is probably doable the other choice throughout the game are small and gradual.

hmm has anyone played the FMA fan game bluebirds illusion?
  7. hakuyoku
    hakuyoku
    i wanna say..intertwined story....
    would be nice. 2 character, one from the 'normal' world, and another from the underground mafia world..
    i guess they dont necarrilly have to be one couple............

and choices wise...
    i think each route lead to 3~5 ending would be good..
    (i guess we can do a short one for experiment first?)

and i do like how the initial choices can ahve the most influence part ...that would be nice.

though nope i have not played taht game..
    i only played a few BLGlol.......
  8. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    I like both of pheonix's and haku's ideas right here...

If we put them together, and have two different storylines...that merge or intertwine it would be pretty awesome

I really like the idea of the mafia twist...but what if we didn't do 'mafia' per se, more like gangs...like...Shibuya gangs maybe something like DOGS, GetBackers, or The World Ends With You kind of character designs and groups. (what I mean is they're not necassarily bad, more like anti-heroes and their 'gangs' are more painted black on the outside. the actually members aren't half bad they just look pretty menacing and cold. The gang would be fighting for its own reason, or at least the leader would, and it would be justified. But like always all gangs have those just really bad eggs.)
    What if the one person on the 'dark side' was the gang leader and the one on the 'light side' was a boy the gang kidnapped to ransom for something. The leader can just be a misunderstood, troubled teen. :P
  9. Phoenixangel
    Phoenixangel
    we kinda came up with vauge plot and characters between us.
    we've got the main character (Mr A) a scruffy ish guy who's parents moved him to a new city to get away from a dengerous gang. shoulder lenght platinum blond hair not to much personality yet as it develops with game play
    a gang member (Mr B) quite aloof, doesnt go to many classes hangs out on the rood smoking darks spikey hair blue eyes.
    and a non gang member friend (Mr C) long slightly curly blonde hair total neat freak and class president
    gang boss who we havent actually talked about much xd

the general idea is he joins the gang, and is ordered to kill the non gang friend there are a few possible endings,
    first is he is ordered to kill his non gang friend, the choice is between the gang friend and non gang friend and which one he lovesmore, if he choses the non gang friend another two options ar available he can either kill him and ends up with both the boss and the gang friend. or the non gang friend tries to protect himself kills the gang friend he ends up witht eh boss. he choses not to kill the friend and the gang kill him, once you got all three endings you can play again and this time you can run away with the non gang friend in stead of getting killed.

i think thats the msot important bit :s hakuyoku will fill in the gaps and make any corrections XD
    with the approval of demon we can do some draft sketches/character profiles and vauge plot outlining that makes more sense than this..

(oo and we can name the characters!! we need names for them!!"
  10. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    I'm not quite sure i follow, could you go through that a little more in depth? Ya kinda lost me @A@;;

But I love coming up with names if we went for English names I think the third guy (Mr C you labelled him) seems like a Jacob kind of character or maybe a Joshua...
    Jacob Gabriel...named after an arch-angel, but is really no angel at all :P

would those be the only boys who could get paired up?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast