aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Drawing Board

1. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Post: Character Designs/Story Ideas/Content/Random Thoughts/

Anything that spontaneously came to mind, that might be kinda cool to add to the project, post here. It can be any idea or random rant that you've been sitting on the backburner or just thought up.
  2. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Personally, I really like stories with dark storylines or characters with dark pasts/secrets.

I think we should have an element in the game that is different from any other game, whether it be a storyline element or a plot element. Some twist that catches everyone's attention.

BRAINSTORM:
    Some things I've been really itching to write about lately that we could maybe incorporate...
    --A murder mystery
    --A uniquely twisted vampire story set in an average everyday setting
    --A secret society
    --19th century Victorian London (*going through Black Butler phase* +w+)

This is just my brainstorming...I'm just rambling but if anyone's interest was piqued, just comment.
  3. Phoenixangel
    Phoenixangel
    oo you seem like you're a crime novel person XD
    i have to say murder mystery and secret society sound cool, but vampires are kinda over done? (althought this may be bias *never been fond of vampire stories *wimp** XD) and 19th century London may be hard to draw? plus no techology :O *loves gadets*

i already said to Demon i have a school boy fetish ^^ maybe combine them? murder mystery in a 19th century victorian school? that way there would be some like religious views etc to contend with that would give the plot another problem to overcome?

gotta be wary it's not to similar to something that already exists....

mm i was reading over the post in the thread DK started and someone mentioned voices?
    would that be a possibilty? i've always kinda wished my BL games had sound... not for pervy things XD its just nice to know what the voices sound like...although on the other hand they are presumably japanese characters? with english/american voices....hmm maybe not..^^;...
  4. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Yeah, I'm concerned mostly just about getting sucked into a cliche or something... The school scene is done a lot...but that doesn't mean it's not usable because we can put a twist on it. I'd cut out the 19th century thing in a school setting...but what if it was a Catholic School? Like in La Esperance.('w')

Doing something like Persona 4 would be kind of cool, pooling together a group of school kids to solve a crime or something.
    Or if the school had some huge secret...like Vampire Knight...except instead of vampires, some kind of Satanic society/rituals taking place.

I like paranormal stories the most because I find them so interesting. I can't get enough of dark fantasy and different-than-the-norm stories.

I once read an original fiction years ago about a private school that took in exceptional kids. Just really smart kids that were ahead of their class. The main character was a boy who was orphaned and picked up by the school for some inexplainable reason. It turned out that he was the reincarnation of the 'God of Fire' and could wield the element of fire. He met other reincarnations of other element masters and was in turn forced to be with them in a strange relationship that mirrored their past selves. No one other than a few selected teachers and higher up officials knew about the gods or their reincarnated selves, and it was a huge secret from the general populace. It later was discovered that the school was using him to try and reawaken the god of gods and unleash some great power or sealed being.
    (It was a yaoi story...dunno if anyone else read it...it's called Divinitas..;; )

If we could put together a plot like that I think we could come up with a really unique storyline that catches the player's attention.

I also like stories like Pandect the webcomic. About a race of animals that can take the form of humans, forced to mingle with them.

There's just so much that can be taken into account.

I personally like things having to do with shapeshifting, the elements, or some dark forbidden 'something'. XDDD If we could incorprate something of the like into the game I think it would be awesome.

But it's not neccassary. ^^;;;;; *rambled too much*

---

Mmm, voices. It could be done....I know where to get a couple voices as long as you guys don't mind our voice actors being like, Johnny Young Bosch and Yuri Lowenthal *laughs* ^^;;;;

If you actually want certain scenes voiced that wouldn't be hard either with Skype and a nice cast of guys who would be willing to help (courtesy of the aarin community?). I know where you can get a nice sound editing program for free. I have it myself. XD

The characters don't HAVE to be japanese. They can be english since it is an english game or they can have japanese names but still speak in english, like Persona or dubbed animes.
  5. hakuyoku
    hakuyoku
    personally,...i think ...
    if it's a modern story..if not much..i want it to be as normal as possible..(more technology and sceintific world...)..like normal high school everyday life and such and such...no magic nor dark backgroud...
    but we could make the kid involve in dark business, such as organizations and such..
    or even...a mafia boss..(XD ....)

but if let it be lder 19th century ish, we could try a more dark and fantasy setting..
    demons and humans etc etc.....black butler's setting seems about right to what i'm thinking right now...

or it could be complete fantasy...............that would be fun too..

i played much BLG but so far i think the best ones are those that are kept close to their time and believes (like...nothing too much out of the ordinary for the people's believes i say..)...

(sadly i dont like elemental stuff...)( too much design work ...ahahahahXD)
    (unless..........it's like the 4 demon in Lamento .....and they are actually pairable..)
    then that might be an intersting idea =3.

just personal comments..=3..
  6. DemonKeeper
    DemonKeeper
    Yeah I was just putting out there some of the things I like to read (and possibly some things I wanted to write into a fic one day, sorta emptied out this one idea bank I had XDDD;;;;;; ) and trying to get an idea of where it would be fun to make the setting of the game...I kinda rambled into circles XD;; Well we can stay in one set genre then...*doesn't really mind either way ^^*

Mafia sounds kinda cool...Gangs would be interesting to dabble in maybe....

A completely fantasy based storyline might be hard to draw >.> plus you would have to develop all the rules for the different components to it...(magic/animals/dragons/ect. things like that, that might come up, I mean)

I'm currently working on an all high school AU doujinshi game based off of Tales of the Abyss. Since I'm working on it by myself it's going to take a long long time to finish since I just started *sigh* but its a simple set up...you play as one of the main characters from the original Tales game and you can be paired up with 3 others or wind up alone. He's just a typical high school kid who just moved into town but he's extremely standoffish and a prick. Reason behind it, he was expiremented on as a kid and sold to science. (<.< It's canon to the storyline of the original game/manga...^^;;; ) He's got a lot of scars and stuff that he hides with armwarmers and long sleeved shirts...

My favorite BL game so far to date is Sukisyo. >w<
  7. hakuyoku
    hakuyoku
    i guess doujin games would be nice too=3......

though i have never played any of the tale's game ==b

i think mafia...are much easiler to draw.XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
    hahahahhahahhaha

fantasy story does have a lot to consider...so i guess..for our first project, we should go with something simplier...=3.

just ideas and suggestions =3.

and my favourite game is ...Togainu no Chi...and SweetPool..
    though Sukisho is the first BL game i ever played =3...hahehee
  8. Phoenixangel
    Phoenixangel
    i actually have la esperanza sitting next to me XD i have the sukisyo game somewhere as well..***** to play though *has no translation><*

*take info in* there was a lot there..XD

hmm i'm agreeing with hakuyoku here i think a modern setting would be best, it becomes quite difficult to write when you have to be historically accurate as well...

we could do a futuristic school game? or even if it was just present day we could still have a bit of a sci fi/fantasy edge say like reincarnation of a god or something

i'm a very myths and legends person i love that kinda thing XD the only problem is SO many stories already have that theme....

hmm i did start writing this story a little while ago only got a few paragraphs down ebfore i forgot about it ^^;...it hard to explain..its a little like yami no matsuei in that the after life is kinda like a big office XD...but less 'spelly' i never really thought about where the plot would go. but it instead of the main character dying normally and passing over, he kinda carries on living..but not really alive is that makes any sense...

it was vaugely going to be about him finding out about why he didnt die naturally, hadn't really though of a reason...^^:..but yeah love interest yadda yadda..

if you design something to do with death and the afterlife, you imediately have the mix of both modern and paranormal. and then you can develop all sorts of things without being constrained by say the laws of physics XD

the main problem is you immediatly think of things you've enjoyed and try and create something like that so you have to ignore what you like and what you've read and just think or something totally random XD..

hmm it might be an idea to get together in msn when demon has her comp fixed ^^ and just throw ideas around and build of each other until we come up with something unique?
    kinda like word association..with..plots...
    *totally made sense in my head..*
  9. hakuyoku
    hakuyoku
    has anyone read the SengokuBasara Doujin Series REVAIVAL...
    it's a story about life and rebirth....

both modern day setting and old sengoku era are involved...

i need to go somewhere and i will comeback and post .=3.
    sry.....
  10. Phoenixangel
    Phoenixangel
    despite that sounding vaugely familiar i don't think so..maybe a friend mentioned it? sounds intriuging XD
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast