aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    animemetoo

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by malary
    That's weird.
    Maybe you're seeing the subs out because actually the screen size converted is smaller than the original
    (um, does this make sense?) so you can try changing the aspect radio.
    If you followed the guide exactly, your aspect radio is 4:3 (VDC).
    Try changing it to 1:1 (VGA) and in the next window (Filter Settings) click on
    "Other Settings" and make sure that the Video arrange Method is set on Full Screen.
    (and btw I'm a girl ^^)
    Going back...looks like I didn't follow EXACTLY on the conversion. I left it on 1:1 (VGA). This time I went with 4:3 525 line (NTSC). Still the same problem. Should I have gone with one of the other options? 4:3 525 line (NTSC, 704x480) or the 4:3 Display, I don't have the option 4:3 (TV) ? Also, Video Arrange Method is set on Full Screen. NOT on Full Screen (keep aspect ratio) or Full Screen (keep aspect ratio 2) – correct?

Once again I apologize for the trouble. I wonder if any else has had this problem - the two (right now) that are causing this problem, with the subs being cutoff, is Loveless 2 & 3.

CJ (I'm a girl too!)

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Duo (L5)Akihito (L4)Heero (L4)
    Fei Long (L2)Sora (L1)Valdrigue (L8)
    Quote Originally Posted by malary
    You must have all the appropiate codecs (video or audio) already installed. If you don’t have them TMPGEnc will not work.
    Could someone please tell me what the appropriate codecs are? I tryed to dl but i guess that the codecs must be my problem. I think it means avi, mpeg etc but now, im confused. how do i get them if i do not have them?
    Thank you in advance

★Covert Couturist★

Savings

Aki (L7)Nanjo (L3)Al (L1)
    Akihito (L4)Nowaki (L3)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Matt (L2)Hiroki (L4)Pray for Japan
    I'm sorry animemetoo, I don't know why that happened. I can only reccomend
    you to ask your question on this forum (specialized on ripping/converting
    multimedia): http://forum.doom9.org

Rainbowbright ( like you nick btw).
    Check this thread: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12747
    There're many threads in this seccion about codecs (they even have their own category).

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S025) Ozaki(S034) Asami(S013) Akihito
    (S022) Iason(S021) Riki(S009) Havi
    (S005) ValdrigueAyame (L4)Hibari (chibi) (L9)

I need some help. I posted in this thread a few months ago with some problems that with everyone's help managed to solve. I managed to turn my avi files to mpegs. But of late, I seem to be having the same problems though I don't understand why. Apparently I can't load the p3package. Again. But how is it that I have the same problem when only a few months before was able to work the prog? I have all the codecs required so I'm confused. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

★Covert Couturist★

Savings

What do you mean by load the p3package?

DJ_Izumi
    If the subs are being cut off by your televison during playback,

Fansubs formatted for a PC will often have the subs at the very bottom of the video frame but this does not work well with televisions. The outter edges of the image are cut off on a television. The rule of thumb is the outter 10% of the frame is not 'action safe' and the other 20% is not 'title safe'. This means don't put titles or any text in the outter 20% of the image.

Look at this photo of my laptop connected to the television and playing Super Mario Brothers on an emulator.

See how the edges of the image which you see on the laptop are being cut off on the TV? You can see the brown under the grass on the laptop but on the TV it's cut off. On the laptop, at the bottom right you can see a gomba and JUST a piece of the gomba following him, on the TV part of the first gomba is cut off. Similar things on the other side.

If you don't want your subtitles to be cut off, frame your encode. Take the image and frame it in a black frame. Look at this before and after image to get the basic idea:

You'd find it's a lot easier to do this with VirtualDub to do the image resizing and framing and then use it's frame server to dump a dummy file into Tsunami

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Err... malary-san. I CAN"T load the p3package. Strangely, I managed to convert a few files the other day. Just tried to convert some of my other files but it seems that I can't load the p3package today. I think the program hates me and it only complies when it feels like it. Help.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Oh, it's solved! Thanks.

★Covert Couturist★

Savings

I'm glad!
    Maybe you could post the way you solved here just in case someone else have the same prob (but hopefuly not of course!)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can anyone help me out?my files are already in avi format but when i tried to select the source files, the program wouldn't work and a popup appeared mentioning that the file format wasn't supported...Is there anything i can do about it?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast