aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Devotee
    Raftel - last island in Grand Line (luffy i beat u)
    Savings

Sanji (L3)Luffy (L1)

Exclamation Computer restarts on its own...

I was watching you tube again just minutes ago when my Computer almost restarted on its own again!
    Thanks to Munemasa Katagiri's help I was able to get that blue screen and the computer showed me something like this

Well the only difference is that it showed DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    AND STOP: 0X000000D1 (XX00000000, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0XF991086)
    ALCXWDM. SYS - ADDRESS 19911086 BASE AT F98E4000, DATESTAMP 415016827
    Well i wrote the details at once just in case, so does that mean that my driver is the culprit? Please help me....cant believe it happened again while watching youtube.
    Last edited by nostalgia; 06-07-2007 at 08:27 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Allen (L8)Tsuna (L3)Yuuri (L6)
    Hibari (L3)Wolfram (L8)Kanda (L8)
    Kaname (L1)Zero (L8)Tamaki (L2)

are you sure it is not a virus. i gust had that problem not long ago and it turned out to be one called the toragin virus. i say that because the symptoms your commuter show and the ones my had are almost exact. i ended up getting a new hard drive. tell me is your computer oping up a lot of pop up windows

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Sanji (L3)Luffy (L1)
    Nope there is not a single pop-up window that shows when I use the internet.
    I also told you that I already scanned the computer for viruses and worms, the scan showed none.
    I am just so confused on what may be the problem

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Trunks (L10)Hiruma (L6)(S006) Klaus
    Japan (L4)Kusuriuri (L10)Kanda (L8)
    (S004) TakiHibari (L3)Ishida (L2)

it's possible that your antivirus and antispyware couldn't detect the virus. try inserting a flashdisk and copy a file into it, then insert that flashdisk to someone else's pc that have different antivirus from yours. see if that antivirus detected something. if not, it's possible that your system crashed because of something you downloaded. try cleaning up your system, or for the worst case, reboot it. for now, back up your data for the worst case.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Sanji (L3)Luffy (L1)
    Thanks Ill do what you say, but if the problem does persist, Ill update then.
    Oh btw, I was using Defragmentor when the computer restarted, could that be also part of the problem?

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Trunks (L10)Hiruma (L6)(S006) Klaus
    Japan (L4)Kusuriuri (L10)Kanda (L8)
    (S004) TakiHibari (L3)Ishida (L2)

i'm not sure about that, but i don't think defragmenting can cause that. the last time i got that message was because i changed the setting of my laptop's language, the other time was because i downloaded a program

Pirate Len
    How much space do you have left on your computer? as i had a similar problem and it was down to not having enough space left on the computer, as youtube downloads the video to your computer while your watching it and deletes it afterwards and deleting some stuff fixed it.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Disable the automatic reboot, so you'll see the guilty file.
    Go to control panel/system/advanced tab, click the 3rd configuration button and uncheck the automatic reboot box, press OK.
    Next time your computer will show a blue screen with numbers and the name of a file among them, like this one http://people.eku.edu/gumpp/Cleanup/bsod.png in this case the file is netbt.sys. Take note of yours and tell us. I hope it's only an outdated driver, you can fix by simply updating it.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Sanji (L3)Luffy (L1)
    [quote=Pirate Len;908937 as youtube downloads the video to your computer while your watching it and deletes it afterwards and deleting some stuff fixed it.[/quote]
    Well I do have 2.24 GB left in disc E and 15 GB in Disc C, I had to make sure so i cleaned up both drives and used disk defragmenter. I also checked for more viruses and worms but there was still none. I also placed a file on a flash drive and used another antivirus but results showed none.

Disable the automatic reboot, so you'll see the guilty file.
    Go to control panel/system/advanced tab, click the 3rd configuration button and uncheck the automatic reboot box, press OK.
    Next time your computer will show a blue screen with numbers and the name of a file among them, like this one http://people.eku.edu/gumpp/Cleanup/bsod.png in this case the file is netbt.sys. Take note of yours and tell us. I hope it's only an outdated driver, you can fix by simply updating it.
    I just did everything you said, so next time I will know which file is the culprit. Thank you very much for this useful post!!!=D>
    Last edited by nostalgia; 06-04-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    I'm glad I could be helpful. I hope it shows the evil file...
    Do you use Avira Antivir by chance? Its anti-hook got crap some time ago. I needed to uninstall that feature to stop getting blue screens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast