aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(Event) Forum - Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(Event) Forum - Yuri Katsuki
    Wing 1 (Left)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Wing 1 (Right)
    Noeru (L11)Rey (L3)DS_006_right

Ask.com (windows update form 5th march)

On 5th march windows update tried to force me to change my net browser. Well I like ie and I don't want to change it. So I hide this update and did nothing.
    And here where my problem started. At least I think that's the reason.
    My net is disconnecting all the time (15 to 20 times a day). That rarely happend before. Or when I try to open some site it shows me "ask.com" site. WTH?
    Please try to help me and answer what is wrong.
    I have vista home premium. And wireless net.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Teito (L4)Zero (L8)Ayanami (L5)
    Mikage (L8)Kaname (L10)Frau (L1)
    Xanxus (L10)Ritsuka (L7)Soubi (L10)
    I think your browser probably been hijack by ask.com, try this answer http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...e-3aa858ee9eed

I don't know about why your internet get disconnect that often thought, it maybe your provider's line is experience some technical problem or it may be problem with the wireless router? Maybe call them and ask?

novemberain78
    Hm.. sounds like a trojan. Have you done a virus scan?
    You can also right click on your internet connection on the toolbar at the right bottom, and click diagnose and repair and see if they find anything.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(Event) Forum - Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(Event) Forum - Yuri Katsuki
    Wing 1 (Left)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Wing 1 (Right)
    Noeru (L11)Rey (L3)DS_006_right

My virus scan didn't see anything.
    Diagnose and repair suggested to reset my wireless connection. I did. Now I have to wait and see if anything will change.
    Thank you for all your advices.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

As of late Windows has to ask the user if they want to use another browser 'cept from InternetExplorer, this was because when you install windows you are kind of forced to sit with Internet Explorer when there are better browsers out there, the people of those browsers law suited Gates for it because it is unfair.

As for your problem, I have seen people with the problem that their wireless connection just wouldn't work after some updates and the only way for them to fix it was by reverting to an old restore point when their network was stable.

I would first label down the possibilities of you having a trojan on your puter, I recommend that you run Malwarebytes which is a free malware scanner: Malwarebytes.org
    If this doesn't find anything then I recommend you doing a scan with Combofix:
    A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix

if those two turn out to be blank scans then we'll have a look to see if any trojans are sending an outward connection with hijackthis, system restore is our last option

And if it is an infection then I would seriously consider using another browser, Internet Explorer is very weak in security and annoying in interface. I would really consider using another
    Last edited by KarumA; 03-08-2010 at 04:05 AM.