aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Link (L7)Heart 1 (Red)Adol (L10)
    Pit (L7)(Event) IRC - CloudTrunks (L10)
    Pray for JapanLink (L8)Chocobo

Constant speaker noise! [Win 7]

Hello everyone! I'm sorry if there is a thread existing for this, but search didn't returned any results! Anyhow where to start...

Recently I had to format my PC (thanks to stupid Windows 7 RC expiring on 1st March, duh) and reinstall the final version of Windows 7. Thing is, I am getting this weird noise coming from my speakers when I am not listening to music or not gaming, AKA when speakers are idleing. When I am playing games or listening to music is ok, I cannot notice the noise, but as soon as music is very low or there is silence, the rythmic noise is heard again... Its a constant noise, it doesn't fade away. Is not white noise, but something similar (like mobile phone noises, but I made sure its not that) and noise changes nonstop its type constantly, like some kind of coding.

I've tried changing to 4 different speakers (wether USB powered speakers and normal power speakers) but I am getting the same noise in all of them, so I'm pretty sure the problem is not my speakers. I am wondering if the problem has to be within Windows 7 itself, or some kind of soundcard problem. The soundcard is integrated within the motherboard (which is a Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3). I've also tried installing the drivers of the soundcard, but nothing, the noise it is still there after having all hardware without conflicts in device manager.

So I've ran out of ideas about what can be making this annoying noise and how to get rid of it. Anyone knows how can I fix this? Thanks in advance!

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Idle speakers can be caused by several things, one make sure you don't have the general volume on too loud. Windows uses 2 kinds of volumes, you got your system volume accessible in your configuration screen but also in the right corner and you can set your sound in different programs, however if the sound in your configuration screen is up way too far then it can be a possible cause for your humming boxes. 2 You said you reformatted, did you happen to install a new OS afterward or were you using Win7 before as well? Lastly make sure you have the latest and correct drivers, remove your soundcard drivers, reboot and reinstall them. Ooh yes and there could also be a volume switch on the boxes which may have to be turned down a little

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Hello KarumA...

For the volume, I have set all sounds in the volume mixer set to 75% all the time.

About the Windows format I did, I was previously in RC version of Windows 7, and same thing happened back then as well.

Yes, I tried uninstalling/installing official drivers replacing those from Windows 7 that are set by default. I get that noise even with official soundcard drivers.

I've tried to disable all sorts of enhancements from someone's suggestion, like 3D features, bass boost, virtual surround, equalization, etc. But yet... I get the noise.

As additional comments from testings I did today... Disabling my wireless. I muted all sounds in Volume mixer and even turned off my computer completely (except the speakers) I STILL get the noise, *facepalms and sighs*

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

You can have a problem of interference from other electronic devices like telephones, televisions or even the monitor itself can cause this noise. GSM phones and Radio can cause interference through unshielded speakers. Try to remove all kind of electronic devices from the desk where the computer is and see if works.
    You can also have a case of poor isolation of the power into the sound card amplification circuitry, or a ground loop. If it's white noise, then it's almost certainly from the sound card (or the amp itself), not a ground loop.
    Also, a loose audio connection between your PC and amp, or PC, head unit, and amp (depending on your install) can cause a constant buzzing sound. Often the Y-adapter connecting the sound card is not pushed in fully.
    It's also possible that the RCA cables are too close to power cables.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

If you've used different kinds of speaker like you've said then it is most likely your soundcard the is buggering up, may I ask how long you've had this 'puter?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Sion (L4)James (L1)Nezumi (L3)
    Shirasagi IB (L8)Karasu IB (L8)Cecil (L1)
    Genji (L1)Yue (L9)Fei Long (L10)
    Last time I had this the soundcard to speaker plug wasn't fully in place and/or there was major cable salad going on, pushing the plug well in and dissociating the entwined cables a bit usually did the trick.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

@KarumA: I build this computer last year, in the late summer. I bought the hardware apart and I mounted it myself... Thank you for your input.

@Catylyrn: I made sure the speaker wire is correctly plugged in the output of my soundcard. The wires, well I have all of my wires behind the desk, extended independently around the back of the table. Is not much of a trouble in my case when I need to take one of them and leave the rest back there. Thanks for the input too.

@daniyagami: Thank you very much... I have managed to fix it by changing the speakers a bit higher in a couple of shelves upper in my room, away from other electronic devices. Now there is no noise coming from the speakers. I think there is some kind of interferences around my monitor (Wii, Router, telephone, etc) that caused that noise. Once again, thank you very much!

Thank you all for your help!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I'm glad it worked