aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkling View Post
    THIS!!
    After hours of madness, I came to the same conclusion. My legit copy IS and STAYS version 1, no matter how many patches or version upgrades I ran.

To make it short, I downloaded the Megaupload files and the complete patches, along with daemon tools, did as shown in the installation guide and FINALLY (can you hear me screaming of excitement?) It works!

I should mention that it's running now perfectly fine on my 32 bit Windows XP netbook as well as on my brandnew home Pc with Windows 10 installed.

The only sad thing is, that it wasn't easy to get my hands on a legal copy and they charged me $140 for it (which basically every Nitro Chiral game cost for us ppl from europe, there's not many places to get it for cheap) It's now basically....useless :/ At least it displays nice with my other games in the cabinet..

Anyhow, enough blabla..but THANK YOU!! This goes out personally to you since -no matter how many ppl look for support, you always found time to answer to me.* happily strolling away to not bother you any longer*
    Yay! ^^ I'm glad you've finally got the chance to play the game! As I said, I'm sorry you had to pay for a legit copy and can't use it, but at the same time you're supporting the developer so think of it as a nice investment.

I tend to do this a lot... Pirate the game, and buy a copy to support the developer, then keep the one I bought sealed for posterity. ~__~ Just cause I'm weird like that... Hahaha!

Have fun! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by VNplayer View Post
    Hello, and i need help

I am using Windows 8.1 64-Bit and I downloaded Firestorm717's torrent, and followed the whole guide posted by OP (except that i didn't installed any update patches), and the game doesn't run at all, even with boot.iso and LAMENTO_DVD.iso mounted. Haven't tried the crack, but if i use it, should i still mount boot.iso and LAMENTO_DVD.iso? Sorry for my bad english

One told me that i have to install directX from the iso, but when i clicked the 'DirectX install' it doesn't work. Should i install DX nonethless?
    Yeah, you should put the crack in, and it should play fine. ^^ Also, if the DirectX installer doesn't work, then it most likely means that you have the latest version already installed. If you have Windows 8.1, you'll have a newer version than what came with Lamento, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000088956 View Post
    Yeah, I'm having the same issues as this except on a Windows 7 computer, except I tried installing the patches and -- yeah.
    Well, as far as I can tell, you don't need to install the patches at all for the game before putting the English patch in place.

It's a good idea NOT to use the default location to install Visual Novels, especially if they have patches, English translations, and/or are older so they put their save files in the same folder the game installed to. (Like this game, for instance).

Create a new folder like C:\Games\ Then change the install directory to that folder, and finish the installation. At this point, put the cracked EXE in there, then the English translation patches only. You won't need to run the patches. Also, please don't run the LmtDVDVer200.exe before or after. The English patch is based off of the Version 1.03 of the game.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Help?

My game runs fine but once I get to this point (which I assume may be the intro sequence) the text disappears, it just stays black and I have to resort to forcing the game to close via windows:

lamento.png

I have installed, redownloaded, reinstalled and played with all the settings imaginable (compatibility, language, permissions, etc) but I cannot figure out why. If it is the intro, I have already checked the file is where it should be and in tact. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Well, as far as I can tell, you don't need to install the patches at all for the game before putting the English patch in place.

It's a good idea NOT to use the default location to install Visual Novels, especially if they have patches, English translations, and/or are older so they put their save files in the same folder the game installed to. (Like this game, for instance).

Create a new folder like C:\Games\ Then change the install directory to that folder, and finish the installation. At this point, put the cracked EXE in there, then the English translation patches only. You won't need to run the patches. Also, please don't run the LmtDVDVer200.exe before or after. The English patch is based off of the Version 1.03 of the game.
    Alright so, like, now the issue is I just don't have the cracked .exe? Is there anywhere I can download it? It isn't in the torrent (Firestorms) so uh... Is there another place I can get it or does someone have it?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmeow View Post
    My game runs fine but once I get to this point (which I assume may be the intro sequence) the text disappears, it just stays black and I have to resort to forcing the game to close via windows:

lamento.png

I have installed, redownloaded, reinstalled and played with all the settings imaginable (compatibility, language, permissions, etc) but I cannot figure out why. If it is the intro, I have already checked the file is where it should be and in tact. Is anyone else having this problem?
    You've seen the videos there, but did you try opening one to see if it would play? They do use an older MPEG Video and Audio format, and the codec might not be working 100% for you. Try installing CCCP: CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack ^^

Alright so, like, now the issue is I just don't have the cracked .exe? Is there anywhere I can download it? It isn't in the torrent (Firestorms) so uh... Is there another place I can get it or does someone have it?
    You don't have it...? That's a good question, where the heck did I get it. o_O;;

Hmm, well the installation guide says to install the game, mount the "Boot.iso", run the game once, and then it should work... Have you run through that?

Also, my EXE is 700kb, not 1mb. I don't remember where I got it, and I can't seem to figure it out, either. x_x;;;

It's supposed to be there. o_O It doesn't outright say it's cracked, but it's an EXE with the same name as the one in the main folder, but instead of being 1MB, it's around 700KB in size.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    You don't have it...? That's a good question, where the heck did I get it. o_O;;

Hmm, well the installation guide says to install the game, mount the "Boot.iso", run the game once, and then it should work... Have you run through that?

Also, my EXE is 700kb, not 1mb. I don't remember where I got it, and I can't seem to figure it out, either. x_x;;;

It's supposed to be there. o_O It doesn't outright say it's cracked, but it's an EXE with the same name as the one in the main folder, but instead of being 1MB, it's around 700KB in size.
    Yeah it just... isn't there? Not in firestorms torrent anyway. I tried using boot with it and I get an error. Always. So I tried doing it on my Windows 8.1 computer, yeah? And it just crashes (Just like on my Windows 7). The Unicode is in Japanese. I haven't put on any of the patches yet. It just crashes right away.
    4553352993.png Here's a screencap if it's worth anything?

It just doesn't. I've also tried compatibility settings. Should I just.. put in the patches and see if it works or?
    EDIT :: I have also tried doing it under administrator and tried compatibility settings for WXP (all service packs), W7, and W8. It always crashes.

EDIT 2 :: Okay so I'm trying it with my W8 computer, I found the crack file and put it on there and now it doesn't auto crash. I also put the updates up to 1.03 on there. However, now it always stays on this black screen I have to use task manager to close

a9c3d9f405.png
    There is no sound or anything. If I try to close out of it, it won't. So I have to task manager it. I've tried waiting to see if it loads and it doesn't. I've also tried compatibility settings for both W7 and WXP and it does the same thing. It's also run as administrator. I do have Japanese Locale set. I don't really know what's up???

FINAL EDIT :: Okay I figured it out now. I don't really know what I did. I don't know what happened. But somehow putting in the english patch and restarting somehow made it work. It saves and works perfectly. Sorry for worrying you and clogigng up this space! But it works now.
    Last edited by 0000088956; 08-23-2015 at 08:58 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

It worked!!! Thank you so much <3333

When I launched the codec installer it had a few pop ups of what I can only assume are codecs I ALREADY had which it said might interfere with function. It's all gibberish to me tbh but first time I hit no to disabling them and it didn't work, then I tried again and said yes and hallelujah it worked! hahaha So yeah, a few codecs I already had must have been stopping the video from playing.

Anyway thanks again!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aww yeaa!! The Full English patch came out!!

Unfortuantely. I can't open any of the save files after hours of playing.
    I'm running the game on Windows 8 and I keep having the same problem after installing over and over.
    the game saves my progress, but I can't load it, even after I tried starting the game again, going to the load screen and clicking on a saved point, it just took me back to the point from where I went into the load screen.

I have tried installing it in a different folder, but that hasn't helped

I have the exe file which is 1MB (from Firestorm's torrent) instead of the 700kb one though, would that have any effect on saving the game? I saw somewhere that that file might have extra junk on it or something?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

FINAL EDIT :: Okay I figured it out now. I don't really know what I did. I don't know what happened. But somehow putting in the english patch and restarting somehow made it work. It saves and works perfectly. Sorry for worrying you and clogigng up this space! But it works now.
    AWESOME! XDD Glad it's working now.

Yeah, the black screen thing, I was gonna say don't patch the game if you're going to use the English translation patch; it already comes pre-patched. Have fun finally! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmeow View Post
    It worked!!! Thank you so much <3333

When I launched the codec installer it had a few pop ups of what I can only assume are codecs I ALREADY had which it said might interfere with function. It's all gibberish to me tbh but first time I hit no to disabling them and it didn't work, then I tried again and said yes and hallelujah it worked! hahaha So yeah, a few codecs I already had must have been stopping the video from playing.

Anyway thanks again!
    Glad the codecs were fixed! ENJOY!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketx911 View Post
    Aww yeaa!! The Full English patch came out!!

Unfortuantely. I can't open any of the save files after hours of playing.
    I'm running the game on Windows 8 and I keep having the same problem after installing over and over.
    the game saves my progress, but I can't load it, even after I tried starting the game again, going to the load screen and clicking on a saved point, it just took me back to the point from where I went into the load screen.

I have tried installing it in a different folder, but that hasn't helped

I have the exe file which is 1MB (from Firestorm's torrent) instead of the 700kb one though, would that have any effect on saving the game? I saw somewhere that that file might have extra junk on it or something?
    You know, you're not the only one having this issue... o.o I wonder what it is, I hope we can solve it so we can help the others with this issue.

Can you take a screenshot of the folder where Lamento was installed? (And yeah, I wonder if the 700kb one might work...? It doesnt' seem to be part of the Torrent that's available for the game, but part of Ayachan's 4Shared ones.)

Also, could you take a screenshot of the save folder for Lamento, as well. I'm curious about the file-sizes. (Should be in the same folder as the installation for the game).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I installed the game in a non-program-files folder like so:
    main_game_folder.png

and the save folder
    save_files_sample.png
    How I installed the game was:
    -I mounted lamento dvd iso; unmounting it and then mounting boot iso in its place. The english patch files were also added and everything goes well...until I want to load a save file
    -I downloaded the 1.03 dvdpatch from here and extracted and applied it in the game folder(which added the usually missing voice1.npa file)
    -I found a 700kb version of the exe shown in this tutorial from the same place I got the 103 patch from, buuuut installing it had no effect on the game
    lamento_with_700kb_file.png
    (I replaced it as shown in the tutorial, but it didn't work anyway...)

The save files don't seem corrupted so I'm at a loss :S
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Darkling View Post
    THIS!!
    After hours of madness, I came to the same conclusion. My legit copy IS and STAYS version 1, no matter how many patches or version upgrades I ran.

Ahh, I'm so glad I found this thread! I knew I couldn't be the only one with this problem! I thought I was just doing something totally wrong. Super disappointed that my legal copy is functionally useless to me, but I guess I can download the pirated one guilt free.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast