aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecce21900 View Post
    It still doesn't run ;w; This is the furthest I can get, after i click on Game Start the game just... never starts >~<
    Thanks for posting that image, though does the PrintScreen button not work? XD Heheh, using a picture of the screen, nice!

Anywho! Have you tried running the game from the actual install folder, not the Autorun menu from the DVD?

Do you mind taking an image of the install folder for me, please??

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So I downloaded and unzipped files, mounted the two things I needed to but when I try to open LmtDVDver101 and 102, I get this message
    Untitled-1.png
    I also can't find a Lamento.exe file in any of my folders

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

So now I can get the first screen up
    ugh.jpg
    But when I click game start it closes right after. I don't know what I'm doing. I have tried everything in this thread and nothing has helped.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Deshirot View Post
    So I downloaded and unzipped files, mounted the two things I needed to but when I try to open LmtDVDver101 and 102, I get this message
    Untitled-1.png
    I also can't find a Lamento.exe file in any of my folders
    So now I can get the first screen up
    ugh.jpg
    But when I click game start it closes right after. I don't know what I'm doing. I have tried everything in this thread and nothing has helped.
    Both of those screenshots tell me that your computer doesn't have the System locale set to Japanese. This is kinda mandatory for installing and playing visual novels. See those squiggly lines and garbage in the error messages and on the Lamento startup? That is supposed to be Japanese. ^_^

You'll first need to click on the Start button, and in the Cortana search area type "Region". Select the "Region and Language" result, and in the window that pops up, click on the "Administrative" tab. From there, click on "Change System Locale", and use the drop-down box to select "Japanese". After a computer reset, all is done!

Keep in mind, your computer's language will not change! It will remain default, however it will allow Japanese games to use, well, Japanese to display on your computer properly.

You will need to uninstall Lamento, and reinstall it, then you should be able to try the LmtDVDVer10X programs again.

On a side note, when installing Lamento, don't forget to NOT use the default location. Choose a different folder for Lamento to install to! Like, C:\ or C:\Games\ Just not C:\Program Files (x86)\!

Now, I don't know if you have the NoDVD for the game or not, so I'll post it here for you anyways.
    Index of /patches

Go there, and search for "[Nitro+CHiRAL] Lamento noDVD Patch (required for AGTH).rar". Download and extract the EXE/Program inside, and put it in your Lamento install folder. Now it should play... ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I thought I had changed the region. I had changed something to Japan anyway. So now I have that set. reinstalled the game, but now when I hit game start it still closes.
    As for saving the file to c:/ it won't let me. Says I need an administrator to say it's ok. But I am the administrator and this is the administrator account on my laptop. I don't know where to go in settings to tell it it's okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I already had downloaded the noDVD patch and still have nothing. It's in my Lamento file folder

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

I thought I had changed the region. I had changed something to Japan anyway. So now I have that set. reinstalled the game, but now when I hit game start it still closes.
    As for saving the file to c:/ it won't let me. Says I need an administrator to say it's ok. But I am the administrator and this is the administrator account on my laptop. I don't know where to go in settings to tell it it's okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I already had downloaded the noDVD patch and still have nothing. It's in my Lamento file folder
    Huh, weird. It honestly doesn't let you change the location the game is installed to? I don't suppose you might have taken a screenshot of the installer telling you you couldn't install the game to C:\? That's really curious. If not, oh well, no biggie.

Instead, would you mind taking a screenshot of your Lamento install folder for me?

Here's mine for reference:
    lamento_install.jpg

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Here is my folder
    folder.jpg

And this is the message I get when I try to download the .rar to the c:/ folder
    cdrive.png

And here is what I get when I try to unzip the file into my c:/ drive
    unzip.jpg

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

OK. Wow. o_O

Let's change gears to try and fix THAT problem first before going anywhere else...

(By the by, thanks for the screenshots! You have no clue how helpful those can be. x.x;; )

Side note, you don't need to extract files from the ISO as if it were a ZIP file. ^^ Just leave it mounted, and use the installer on the DVD. That's the best way to install it.

Let's start with... Looks like you got Windows 10, and it appears to be an upgrade version, not a fresh install. (You upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.)

When was that? Have you installed any other programs since then? Also, are you able to save files in your Documents / Downloads folder, right this second?

Or were these files already there before you upgraded? (IE, you downloaded Lamento to that folder before upgrading)?

Windows 10, by default, does NOT give you an Administrator account. It may seem like one, but there is a default Super Admin that has even higher privileges than your 'Admin' account, and sometimes people get these kinds of permission denied errors because of it.

I'm trying to figure out if you're able to save ANYWHERE, at all, including the Documents folder. Could you try that?

If you cannot save to even that, please let me know. ^^ Trying to narrow down the issue... It may take a small while. (Optionally, if you're interested and have the time, perhaps we could try a video conference of sorts, where I can see your computer remotely, and talk to you directly through a text chat of sorts to try and help you.)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I have not installed anything on my laptop since upgrading, no.
    As for downloading into downloads, yes I can. I updated to 10 quite awhile ago and downloaded the game about a week ago.
    It let me save the noDVD file to my documents folder.
    Attachment 170230

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Well, I'm glad it's not as bad as it could have been. You could have been locked out of saving ANYTHING, so this is a start!

I'll try to keep this simple, but I'm sorry I don't have any pictures for these steps:

- Open "My Computer" and then open up your main drive, "Drive C:".
    - Right-click in the white-space and select "Properties", then select the "Security" tab from the window.
    - Click on the button labelled "Advanced" near the bottom.

In this new window, can you look near the top beside the label "Owner" and tell me what is listed? SYSTEM, your User Name or something else?

--- As a last ditch effort, maybe try running the Lamento installer, and changing the location it installs to somewhere inside your Documents? Like, create a new Games folder in your Documents folder, and install it there...? This is kind of a last ditch effort for older games, because of the Program Folders issue with older games... But maybe it might work for you...?

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast