aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Akira TnC (L1)Sesshoumaru (L10)Garry (L8)
    Howl (L10)Ren DMMd (L9)Iason (L9)
    Sion (L9)Nezumi (L8)Seto (L7)

Sweet Pool Crash

It's been a while since I've come around here and I am happy this place exists cause I can't find anything on what to do for this ; D;

This question is specifically for the Jastblue physical release of the game. I could try the steam version and see if it has the same problem if nothing works with this version.

So the game seems to crash at choice moments specifically. I can go through dialogue fine but as soon as a choice comes up the animation loads then the game closes out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that seemed to work for a few days. It did it again so I tried running it as admin and trying different version compatibility. Nothing seemed to work and now the game won't even open to the main menu before it crashes.. I uninstalled and tried it after a fresh boot and everything but to no avail. I have seen a few mentions of problems with crashing but no solutions anywhere

Maybe someone else has an idea ?? I am running on windows 10 pro and from what I can tell my specs should be plenty enough to run the game

Edit:
    Deleted all the save files (heck) and the game boots up now but back to crashing at choices...
    Last edited by neurobee; 11-27-2019 at 04:10 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I played the translated version of sweet pool, and it worked fine on my windows 10 laptop. I think you can download a visual machine to install a windows xp to play it. I play Togainu No Chi using that. Hope it will help.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Char Aznable (L1)Kuja (L3)Ran (L3)
    Iason (L3)Kaworu (L4)Dilandau (L5)
    Lelouch (L8)Youji (L9)Muraki (L8)
    I actually have the same problem.
    It always crashed at the first choice until I cleared up some disc space and used a locale emulator and selected "run with application profile" (running as admin in japanese has also worked)
    Unfortunately after 15 hours of gameplay it stopped running completely. ???? I sent in a support ticket to JAST as I also purchased it, but no response yet. I hope this helped a bit.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

DS_005_leftDS_005_midDS_005_right
    Shiki TnC (L10)DS_001_midAkira TnC (L9)
    DS_006_leftDS_006_midDS_006_right
    Well, had same problem(rn have Steam version+ plus purchased patch from JAST page). It was helluva annoying that after some of further choices game crashes. So, no answer from JAST as well(even until this day xD). Of course, told about this problem to very good friend of mine. She said that she didn't had anything happened like this, but she suggested to log into Steam page and clear game's catche. Surprise surprise, but after that I was glad that could play Sweet Pool without any crashing T^T.

Hopefully, this small advice of my friend should help ^^

============
    PS. had same problem with Togainu no Chi (this time got JAST version). So, what I did (after session of frustration and desperation) is pressing right mouse button and on option ''Run with graphic processor'' and I picked another driver, which in this case was NVIDIA instead of Intel one.
    Last edited by fmkitty698; 03-30-2020 at 02:59 AM. Reason: forgot to mention one detail

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kuroko (L1)Kagami Taiga (L1)Miyuki Kazuya (L4)
    Sawamura Eijun (L4)Gintoki (L4)Dino (L4)
    Mihashi (L2)Abe (L2)
    I think I found what might be a solution! For context, I have the Steam Version with the 18+ patch from Jastusa (I meant to buy the whole game from them directly but forgot-- whoops lol). I got to one of the later-ish choices in the game when I had a runtime error or something come up that forced the game to close. When I reloaded the game from that point, it crashed again.

I followed the instructions to verify the integrity of game files (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335) and started it up, but realized that my save files were gone and so were the 18+ scenes. I copied the patch back in again, and when I started the game again all my save files were back. Going to the question that caused the crash didn't make it crash this time.

This all literally just happened, so if another crash or other complications come up I'll reply with more info!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kuroko (L1)Kagami Taiga (L1)Miyuki Kazuya (L4)
    Sawamura Eijun (L4)Gintoki (L4)Dino (L4)
    Mihashi (L2)Abe (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenkazoo134 View Post

This all literally just happened, so if another crash or other complications come up I'll reply with more info!
    Lol so update--

The crash has happened a few times again since I posted this. However, I don't think it's gotten to the point where it happened again after I closed out the game and/or Steam. It hasn't been too bad though! I think I might have gone through the process of verifying the file integrity once after the first time, but I was too lazy to try again later and found that it was running well enough most of the time lol

pes
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hi! For anyone still checking in, this is what I did to stop sweet pool from crashing. I have the Jastblue digital version of the game. I'm using Windows 10.

From my experience, the game crashes because it eats up a lot processing, so it lags to the point of crashing (kind of like Chrome if you leave 20 tabs open for a day). So to avoid that:

1. click on "open save folder" (accessible from the game launcher)
    2. click on the "common" folder
    3. find the "cqst.npf" file
    4. delete the "cqst.npf" file

From my understanding, this file keeps track of what lines you've read, so when you start the game, it would run through the game to mark which lines are read and what not. It updates every time you read a new line, or reread a line from the recollection library. For my computer, that took up too much processing, so the game keeps crashing.

Whatever you do, don't delete the "val.npf" file. Apparently that keeps track of what you unlocked in the game (things you can access in the "extra" section). Losing that means losing your progress! The game doesn't care if you delete all your save folders. Just as long as you keep this file, when you unlock everything in the extra section, the game will count that as "complete".

P.S. if you need directX, you can install the demo, which prompts an automatic install of directX. After that, you can uninstall the demo
    Last edited by pes; 07-05-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I was playing the digital JAST release version of the game and I had some similar issues with the game crashing when I got to choices or when I tried to save at those screens (and specifically when I hovered over Instinct, it seemed). I tried some of the above suggestions, others I found elsewhere, and the suggestions on JAST’s own support site (https://jast.freshdesk.com/support/s...ng-or-crashing). Eventually I just had to contact support, because none of those things seemed to work long-term, and they ended up sending me a patch. I was able to complete the game with it, and only had minor issues since then that didn’t affect gameplay too much.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by altrie View Post
    I was playing the digital JAST release version of the game and I had some similar issues with the game crashing when I got to choices or when I tried to save at those screens (and specifically when I hovered over Instinct, it seemed). I tried some of the above suggestions, others I found elsewhere, and the suggestions on JAST’s own support site (https://jast.freshdesk.com/support/s...ng-or-crashing subway surfers). Eventually I just had to contact support, because none of those things seemed to work long-term, and they ended up sending me a patch. I was able to complete the game with it, and only had minor issues since then that didn’t affect gameplay too much.
    Technical issues, especially crashes and instability, can be frustrating, and it's great that you found a solution that allowed you to complete the game.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Retro Bowl

It sounds like your game files might be corrupted or missing. You can try to verify the integrity of the game files using Steam. To do that, open Steam, go to Library, right-click on the game, select Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Files. This will scan and repair any corrupted or missing files. If you don't have the game on Steam, you can try to reinstall the game from the disc or the official website. Make sure you backup your save files before doing that.
    Retro Bowl