aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Oujisama lv1 BL addition disc not working

I want to play Oujisama Lv1 with the BL add on but while I was able to get the base game to install fine, I can't get the BL add on disc to work. I think it's either a locale problem or the files inside are messed up. I don't want to change my entire computer's locale.

When I extract the bin+cue files, they seem to come out fine, but I noticed something wrong: the cue file that comes with the most recent rar file points to "LV2.bin" instead of "LV1BL.bin". If I mounted the cue the way it came I got an error that said it could not find the file specified but I think this fixed it. I had to change the specified path to LV1BL.BIN by editing it via notepad but I wonder if saving the file like that messed something up.
    explorer_43KhMQUvdz.jpg

After mounting the edited cue file I cannot install the disc. Even if I use locale emulator on OujiAdd.exe it pops up with an error message. And on the mounted image file the folder names come out with messed up mojibake encoding. I can't change the file names because it's on a disk and I think this is why it can't install.
    explorer_PgnJx8a7bN.jpg
    OujiAdd_BXCaYM5tIs.jpg

Anyways is there a solution to this or can anyone upload an updated version of these files (perhaps not in a rar archive)? Thank you ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I also have the same error getting over it

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello. Did you resolve it?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I've been having a lot of issues trying to run this game properly, but I managed to get the plus disc to work fine, so those files probably aren't messed up. I wish I had an actual solution, but uploads of this game are kind of a mess and would really benefit from an update, yeah : p
    Last edited by eels; 02-14-2024 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The mojibake encoding and installation errors you're experiencing could indeed be related to locale settings or file corruption. Since you prefer not to change your computer's entire locale, you might consider using a virtual machine with the desired locale settings to install and run the game.
    Alternatively, you could try redownloading the BL add-on files from a reliable source to ensure they are not corrupted. Sometimes, files downloaded from unreliable sources may contain errors or be incomplete.
    If the issue persists, reaching out to the game's community forums or support channels might provide more specific troubleshooting steps or access to updated files. Additionally, if the game run 3 developers have released any patches or updates, installing those might resolve compatibility issues with your system.
    Best of luck with resolving the installation issues and enjoying your gaming experience!