• Yes

37 48.68%
  • No

39 51.32%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bloggin Feature

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Cecil (L1)Bartz (L1)Warrior of Light (L1)
    Shinji (L4)Kaworu (L4)Rei (L3)
    No.. this is a forum, why do we need blogs?
    I dont really see whats so good about them.

ritsukaaoyagi12
    no..... im not very fond of them

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Man... it's tied. So here's what I wanna say to people who voted no: are you voting no because you don't think it has a place on the site or because you, yourself don't blog?

Just something to keep in mind. Voted yes both because I'm a blogger and because the more this becomes a community, the more I think a blog should be added, even if simply in the form of a special thread or subforum for it.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Smile

@Dai-kun will the implementation be a strain on the site? I do not understand "band-with" if that has anything at all to do with adding a blog feature. What if it were a "premium option" that members can choose to use it maybe as an upgrade and donate $$ for the added feature? Would something like that off set the cost? (I can only speak for myself I would be willing to invest in that, but I know my little dollars will not cover much)^^

Quote Originally Posted by mitsukunixx View Post
    No.. this is a forum, why do we need blogs?
    I dont really see whats so good about them.
    Let me try to explain again:

Ok for less active / new member's yes its difficult to see how much a blog feature would benefit. We are really hypothesizing, here its hard to point out features that I am not certain would be available on Aarin.

A blog, is just like your "photo albums" anyone can view them or since the upgrades, now you can make your album viewable only to your contacts, friends or "registered members" <--- not long ago many persons on Aarin thought that that option was unnecessary. Well now we have it, the reason to keep Unregistered members from "poking" around your profile.

A blog is your personal "canvas" of who, what, where you've been in cyber world or the world in general. Like any other web page, we may have the option of posting amv or just links to our amv's on other sites. As well as our favorite music, world news. Perhaps even information about our "helpful" links on Aarin.

Authors can express details about their stories, daily highlights about their day. Just creating a layout is fundamentally unique. Imagine if some one suggested we do not "need" avy/siggy's whats the point in different skins, color fonts, or smilies .

The beauty of Aarin is the variety I wonder if someone suggest a rare pairing or font options is not needed, why because they decided "they" do not use it so what point does it serve. Can you see the relation?

Zap gave some vary good insight, yet many of those against profile blog have provided no reasons "concrete" why they thing the idea is not a good option for the site. Well, I could to say, "I love it!" <--And leave it at that, however I feel like explaining myself maybe get to someone before they "click" no; to look at the comments posted first.

Oh well I can not sway anyone that's already voted against ^^) In the end no matter what the poll reads, Aarin makes the decisions. I can only hope the since the feature may be used or ignored (like photo albums) it will be put in place for the masses that will use it and enjoy it. I look forward to its implementation.

*Maybe I should look at a career in advertisement, any openings Aarinfanasty?*
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 01-11-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I voted no ... both this time and the last time this issue was raised.

I don't think they will bring much to the forum. At most they will allow for showboating; people going on and on about their personal life stories. I imagine a sort of "blog clique" might form, like the SB clique(s). Additionally, there is already the Life Issues thread if people want to talk about such things.

This place is already a community, and it is a good one. It thrives on discussion and the exchange of information, ideas, and media. A "blog" is a personal website. It has no place here.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Spacer 1Nidaime, Tobirama Senju (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Minato (L6)Spacer 1
    Levi SnK (L8)Mahiro Fuwa (L2)Yogi (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericWit View Post
    Man... it's tied. So here's what I wanna say to people who voted no: are you voting no because you don't think it has a place on the site or because you, yourself don't blog?

Just something to keep in mind. Voted yes both because I'm a blogger and because the more this becomes a community, the more I think a blog should be added, even if simply in the form of a special thread or subforum for it.
    I agree 100&#37;. People who don't like to blog could simply...not use the function? I mean, there are things in this forum I don't use, but I'm not against having them. If some people have fun blogging, and they want to do it in a relatively closed environment, why should we deny them the option? Would it take up so much bandwith?
    Last edited by flordepp; 01-11-2009 at 02:45 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Edward (L10)Soubi (L10)Ryuichi (L10)
    Konata (L5)Tohru (L3)Link (L7)
    Abel (L1)Allen (L1)Ban (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by flordepp View Post
    I agree 100%. People who don't like to blog could simply...not use the function? I mean, there are things in this forum I don't use, but I'm not againts having them. If some people have fun blogging, and they want to do it in a relatively close environment, why should we deny them the option? Would it take up so much bandwith?
    i agree with both of them. i would enjoy reading others' blogs and posting my own. what harm would it do to those who.. dont?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    I voted no ... both this time and the last time this issue was raised.

I don't think they will bring much to the forum. At most they will allow for showboating; people going on and on about their personal life stories. I imagine a sort of "blog clique" might form, like the SB clique(s)<---. Additionally, there is already the Life Issues thread if people want to talk about such things.

This place is already a community, and it is a good one. It thrives on discussion and the exchange of information, ideas, and media. A "blog" is a personal website. It has no place here.
    I see myself in a little blog "clique" *nods* I could recruit several Aarin-pervs to join me. I seem to be a magnet for attention. ^^ Well the "community" is diverse and offerers many options.

*looks at comments siggy* Some may say, why the different color skins: blue fantasy, green fantasy, dark fantasy Why?? Why avys, why add profile pictures, why :croc: <---these little guys. We could be as dull and boring as Adultfanfiction.net..(but many never go to their "forum" o___O I'll give you one guess it is boring, although set up similar to Aarin the site does not offer half the community interaction you find on Aarinfantasy.

Diversity in the options above do not "help" the site in anyway but it does add interest to the community as a whole. Holly crap! Aarinfantasy is a Diverse community which is why the option to have a blog is a great value additive option.

Aarinfanasty's greatest feature is its variety, choice, options ^__^ what would it be without these things. Yes not nearly what she is today...I believe.

The great updates implemented a few days ago included a wonderful feature for us PM queens/kings when I open my PM I can instantly reply w/o hitting REPLY OR FORWARD. I just start typing in a little window. ^^ Why, so that the site becomes more user friendly <---the key word *more* not to one or a few, more people. Which the site has added significantly over the year since I've joined Yaoi Paradise.

"Who the moved my cheese." If the feature does not happen in the near future that's fine. I will be here long after less interest person's loose interest, and enjoy the blog feature.
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 01-11-2009 at 03:08 AM.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Cecil (L1)Bartz (L1)Warrior of Light (L1)
    Shinji (L4)Kaworu (L4)Rei (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisNoWait View Post
    @Dai-kun will the implementation be a strain on the site? I do not understand "band-with" if that has anything at all to do with adding a blog feature. What if it were a "premium option" that members can choose to use it maybe as an upgrade and donate $$ for the added feature? Would something like that off set the cost? (I can only speak for myself I would be willing to invest in that, but I know my little dollars will not cover much)^^

Let me try to explain again:

Ok for less active / new member's yes its difficult to see how much a blog feature would benefit. We are really hypothesizing, here its hard to point out features that I am not certain would be available on Aarin.

A blog, is just like your "photo albums" anyone can view them or since the upgrades, now you can make your album viewable only to your contacts, friends or "registered members" <--- not long ago many persons on Aarin thought that that option was unnecessary. Well now we have it, the reason to keep Unregistered members from "poking" around your profile.

A blog is your personal "canvas" of who, what, where you've been in cyber world or the world in general. Like any other web page, we may have the option of posting amv or just links to our amv's on other sites. As well as our favorite music, world news. Perhaps even information about our "helpful" links on Aarin.

Authors can express details about their stories, daily highlights about their day. Just creating a layout is fundamentally unique. Imagine if some one suggested we do not "need" avy/siggy's whats the point in different skins, color fonts, or smilies .

The beauty of Aarin is the variety I wonder if someone suggest a rare pairing or font options is not needed, why because they decided "they" do not use it so what point does it serve. Can you see the relation?

Zap gave some vary good insight, yet many of those against profile blog have provided no reasons "concrete" why they thing the idea is not a good option for the site. Well, I could to say, "I love it!" <--And leave it at that, however I feel like explaining myself maybe get to someone before they "click" no; to look at the comments posted first.

Oh well I can not sway anyone that's already voted against ^^) In the end no matter what the poll reads, Aarin makes the decisions. I can only hope the since the feature may be used or ignored (like photo albums) it will be put in place for the masses that will use it and enjoy it. I look forward to its implementation.

*Maybe I should look at a career in advertisement, any openings Aarinfanasty?*
    Yeah, i know what a blog is. ^^; its just i don't really think we need one. It's almost like a diary, we already have life issues threads and stuff like that. And im not voting just because i don't like them, its because we have profile messages (there you can ramble on about your day) & private messages (where you can talk to just 1 friend without people reading your convosation) also there are such a range of threads it almost cover EVERYTHING you can possibly want to talk about. also if you want to tell everyone that bad about something you could just start a new thread in a chat section.

i just don't really see what difference it would make whether we had one or not.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mitsukunixx View Post
    Yeah, i know what a blog is. ^^; its just i don't really think we need one. It's almost like a diary, we already have life issues threads and stuff like that. And im not voting just because i don't like them, its because we have profile messages (there you can ramble on about your day) & private messages (where you can talk to just 1 friend without people reading your convosation) also there are such a range of threads it almost cover EVERYTHING you can possibly want to talk about. also if you want to tell everyone that bad about something you could just start a new thread in a chat section.

i just don't really see what difference it would make whether we had one or not.

I thank you for your insight, I guess lets compare it to photo albums and the "Exhibition Hall" where a member can post images under their name for anyone to come and view. O__o Why both? Well the blog adds "interest" I have over 2500 post a good half are in threads like this or my fictions, or other "helpful" thread I posted around the community.

That said, if I post a link to my travels on my message board, then, as I get comments it will get lost. I dont know about you but I have over 6,680 <--profile visits..^^ I guess I have a lot of stalkers. That being the case posting on my profile would not work for me.

Now in the "community" posting a separate thread would not work because once a chat thread reach 1000 post then its closed. O___o all my "work" building information about my interest would be locked on a thread that may be deleted at any moment.

Not only that, a thread is as adjustable as the post board, I can not change the back ground or paste pictures, skins on this. Just imagine how quickly "our personal threads" would get lost, if no one comments. I really know I have several threads in chat, that are probably on page 20+ or something by now since "not one person posted a comment"

On my profile there would be no reason to "bump the topic" like with threads. A thread cannot be compared to a blog, and the blog would need to be "clicked on" to reveal it. Other wise it would just sit there much like profile photo albums. Only instead of being an item that remains the same it is full of our interest, a diverse as our wonderful forum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast