• Yes

37 48.68%
  • No

39 51.32%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bloggin Feature

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Don't know why this thread was made into a discussion instead of simple votes counting, I don't see why those who don't want the blog have to do anything with the decision.
    Honestly, I'm beyond caring already. I thought maybe if had a blog here, it could've kept me from drifting away completely.
    All my friends quited here or ceased their activity drastically, so currently I have little interest in aarin beyond downloading.
    I feel like I've wasted enough time writing this reply, gotta unsubscribe from the thread.
    Hope you all have fun.

Mordor
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisNoWait View Post
    Ok for less active / new member's yes its difficult to see how much a blog feature would benefit.
    ......... Seriously. No offence but I found this sentence rather ridiculous. Being less active, or being new, doesn't have anything to do with this~

Yes, it is true that I do not blog. But that was not my only reason to vote No.

1. Having blogs would mean even more and more work for mods.
    2. There really is enough places to post and keep an eye on already. If people start blogging about their lives, yaoi and so on, while still posting on those numerous threads (especially chat-threads and life-issues ones), I bet it would just end up people repeating themselves, or maybe even stopping from posting in threads, and just come here for the blogging.
    Also, I think there is social groups that are already working as some sort of blogs for some. Give those active chatters there a blog, and groups go quiet, I bet.
    3. Yes, I am one of those people who just simply find this useless. This is a forum/a place to download, not a blog-site. The net is already full of those. Why would this site have to be so full of everything?
    Last edited by Mordor; 01-11-2009 at 05:06 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Morgandy View Post
    ......... Seriously. No offence but I found this sentence rather ridiculous. Being less active, or being new, doesn't have anything to do with this~

Yes, it is true that I do not blog. But that was not my only reason to vote No.

2. There really is enough places to post and keep an eye on already. If people start blogging about their lives, yaoi and so on, while still posting on those numerous threads (especially chat-threads and life-issues ones), I bet it would just end up people repeating themselves, or maybe even stopping from posting in threads, and just come here for the blogging.
    Also, I think there is social groups that are already working as some sort of blogs for some. Give those active chatters there a blog, and groups go quiet, I bet.
    3. Yes, I am one of those people who just simply find this useless. This is a forum/a place to download, not a blog-site. The net is already full of those. Why would this site have to be so full of everything?
    XD! You made me laugh, I can hear your frustration. Lol!

1. If mods did not have time or willingness to do this the item would never be presented to the forum, ~case close~ (I believe I'm right about that point)

2. Aarinfantasy is more than a download site. Vastly more, I did not realize some members see this as just a site to "grab a quick link"?

I have to disagree with that, if that's ALL Aarinfantasy is to any member then it seems as though they do not have an invested interest in the site as a whole.

I do not feel the site is where I gather my manga and leave. It is a community rich in diversity where I socialize, brainstorm with other writers, and develop my work. Now a place where I will perhaps one day publish my works outside of a cyber setting.

3. You have a good point w/social groups being an alternative, to that...<*__*> I can hear more than half my friends complain how they will never join a social group. (need I point out that is a significant number)

Well change like I said is inevitable, the site will continue to grow and adapt to the various people, joining. The larger the community the more processes Aarin will need in place to accommodate them.

Aarin will change, we need to change with her, those joining will want more options not an obsolete process. Yes many may want to have an Aarin in which they can enjoy features on LJ or embedded video like on You Tube, or have an Aarin version downloaded media player. It can *I believe* will happen.

Claiming something is invalid or useless because it does not benefit every single user seems impractical imo. Options allow us to express our individual style. Just like the options on our profiles, message boards, background images, fonts...even in this message window we have options use them or not. If we try to remove the option(s) then "color" , "diversity" , "complexity" fades as well as the thing that makes this site amazing, its ability to adapt evolve and continue to be innovative.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Tetsunosuke (L6)Yoshida (L6)Saito PMK (L2)
    Harada (L1)Todo (L1)Sakamoto PMK (L3)
    Tatsu (L4)Yamazaki (L8)Shinpachi PMK (L1)

@CrisNoWait: It seems like you really want the blogs And I see you have a lots of arguments why they should be made. But the way you call for them really gives me a bad or rather sad feeling, without offense...

I won't hide I am rather conservative person and usually don't like changes - cause I have observed in my internet surroundings (mostly in my country) that they usually lead to the worse... You can laugh at me or whatever you want but my most important reason for not wanting blogs is really this "block". Little example - I work for an online newspaper and last year we underwent a great change of design... The changes should help it to be more modern and attractive and more friendly to the readers (like better system of discussions and options for more activity) but according to the readers' reactions and when I talked about it with my colleagues and friends it was just a failure. Sometimes sites just want to be so modern and "great" that they in fact overdo it... So I am afraid.

I really love aarin, although last time my RL doesn't allow me to be so active anymore but still it's an important place to me where I like to return. And I really wish it to be a warm and growing community of ppl. And I appreciate a lot that the amdinistrators and such ppl are trying to make from it even a better place (yeah, there are even changes that I do welcome...)

But I am just afraid that with too many changes and new features the original idea could become lost. No, aarin is for me not a place only to download anime or manga, to tell the truth I almost don't download from here. But as for myself when the Social Groups appeared I kinda stopped to write into the similar threads. I am not telling I am the center of the Universe but some ppl may feel it the same way. The same goes for VMs... Since the new features eat so much time, I stopped visiting almost all other sections and concentrate mostly on replying VMs. I don't feel it's the ideal state though but as I said, I don't have time for everything. But when I look at it, it really gives me a bad feeling. This way aarin could slowly become a place where everybody cares about his or her profile page, photoalbum, visitor messages and blogs and hardly contributes to the aarin society in general...

I accept that this vision is probably too dark but as I said - I am conservative, I like well tried things and warm atmosphere. I would be very sad if this would be replaced by some hyper-modern atmosphere soooo similar to other places outside aarin. Aarin was always special (and from what I know not only for me) compared to other sites/forums. And it was not about the features but about the community and the atmosphere...

But as I said in my previous post - if there is a majority of ppl wanting them, then why not... It's not a case that would lead to the end of the world...
    Last edited by YorumiAkihime; 01-11-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added spaces between paragraphs, it's easier to read XD

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

There's been a lot of changes to the forum during the last year already, the Social Groups and User Profiles the most significant ones. I don't remember the same discussion taking place when they were implemented, maybe because they just were and people weren't asked before whether they want to have them or not?

Isan
    I do remember quite a few discussions about the social groups and user profiles taking place
    (Social groups were especially hated.)

But that's not really the point here. There's no need to really argue with each other and try to make people change their opinions when they post is there? I'll point out that when people post their reply they already voted what suited them so it's far too late already.

There's no need to turn this into an argument everytime someone write something someone doesn't agree with, it's all about personal opinions and I'm sure everyone understands when posting that there's someone else out there that doesn't see it that way and that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    Don't know why this thread was made into a discussion instead of simple votes counting, I don't see why those who don't want the blog have to do anything with the decision.
    Honestly, I'm beyond caring already. I thought maybe if had a blog here, it could've kept me from drifting away completely.
    All my friends quited here or ceased their activity drastically, so currently I have little interest in aarin beyond downloading.
    I feel like I've wasted enough time writing this reply, gotta unsubscribe from the thread.
    Hope you all have fun.
    suhi, this is a community. You're not alone, there's no way that a decision about something will please everybody everytime. I understand that you want this feature but you have to understand that other people don't want it as well. Implying that those who don't want the blog have nothing to do with the decision is very wrong in many ways.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    I do remember quite a few discussions about the social groups and user profiles taking place
    (Social groups were especially hated.)
    Well, that was after the feature was already implemented, it didn't have anything to do with the actual decision making process.

I tend to agree with suhi here. Not liking a feature is one thing. I for one have lost interest in the Social Groups and really do not use them anymore. Yet I do not call for Social Groups to be taken down, because I understand that some people like to use them. That's what makes a community, too.

Isan
    Like you said, If the decision is left to the people, then it is left to the people.
    Asking for a feature to be taken down after it's been implemented is different than being given a choice before it goes up
    That means both sides have a right to vote without question.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Isan View Post
    Asking for a feature to be taken down after it's been implemented is different than being given a choice before it goes up
    That means both sides have a right to vote without question.
    Well, that in itself poses a question right there, but I am not intent on participating in this discussion anymore.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Morgandy View Post
    Yes, that was my concern. Of course I brought this up previously ... back when we already had this discussion ... back when the decision was already made and the discussion closed.

Mods (and Admins) disagree, or don't communicate, etc.; that's why this thread was opened again. We have two mods already who disagree. That's the spirit of debate, and it's fine. But I think we should show some concern for those who will have to police this massive new function.

I already come across giant signatures, inappropriate role-playing, and all other kinds of infractions that go on for days without being spotted by staff members. I think this would just be asking too much of them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast