Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloggin Feature

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

Not really. Though I admit I'd use one if it was implemented but I don't really feel the need for one on aarin. I could always blog elsewhere and link to it here.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Xmas (014)Pray for JapanCloud (L9)
    ChocoboGian (L4)Hope (L8)
    Rufus (L7)Sephiroth (L8)Lightning (L8)

Interesting. ^^ We could post pictures and share about them or our interesting experiences without having to make a thread just for it. Like blog, people could leave comments too. Hmm, but I wonder where to implement this feature? An additional tab like iShop?? Under profile? If it's under profile wouldn't it look a little too small like the [About Me] section?

If so, then putting a link to our blogs is enough. Blogs have bigger space for posting messages and display pictures. We could even add our fav videos and songs too. Wider range of options. If we want a blogging feature here exactly the same as a real blog then it'll be loads of work for the admins. (or not? =x technology is amazing these days)

I wouldn't mind if there's one though. ^^ (an AarinBlog!!) I'm very sure I'll use it anyway since I don't a real blog. XD Maybe an almost similar one for only sharing daily experiences in text/words form? Y'know, like a diary. ^^ and we could embed only ONE song/video in script codes? (or whatever code it is >.<)
    Last edited by Anko Shirayuki; 01-10-2009 at 06:38 AM.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
    If someone wants to have a blog for their friends to read, they can always make one elsewhere. Moreover, if for some reason they wanted a blog only for their aarinfriends, then they can make a separate one on the same site where their other blog may be at.
    Well, I have other blogs but I don't really use them as they are all over the place, which is annoying. The one on Aarin I would most probably use, so there's actually a benefit for some in this feature and whoever wants to use their old blogs can still do so.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lent View Post
    Well, I have other blogs but I don't really use them as they are all over the place, which is annoying. The one on Aarin I would most probably use, so there's actually a benefit for some in this feature and whoever wants to use their old blogs can still do so.
    I agree! This is how it is for me too. I have so many different sites, that I don't visit as much anymore. (Since I'm always on Aarin) That being the case many of the ppl I associate with on a daily basis are here. I believe a central location in which we can highlight all the places we would like to share. I believe my traffic on my other sites would increase greatly with a blog feature. Our current Profile Page does not really give enough room to post details about ourselves. Also, a blog would be a cool feature to highlight "My Aarin Travels" a blurb of what "I" do, here with quick links to my varied pages, even a weekly "The funnest thing I commented"

Quote Originally Posted by Anko Shirayuki View Post
    Interesting. ^^ We could post pictures and share about them or our interesting experiences without having to make a thread just for it. Like blog, people could leave comments too. Hmm, but I wonder where to implement this feature? An additional tab like iShop?? Under profile? If it's under profile wouldn't it look a little too small like the [About Me] section?

If so, then putting a link to our blogs is enough. Blogs have bigger space for posting messages and display pictures. We could even add our fav videos and songs too. Wider range of options. If we want a blogging feature here exactly the same as a real blog then it'll be loads of work for the admins. (or not? =x technology is amazing these days)

I wouldn't mind if there's one though. ^^ (an AarinBlog!!) I'm very sure I'll use it anyway since I don't a real blog. XD Maybe an almost similar one for only sharing daily experiences in text/words form? Y'know, like a diary. ^^ and we could embed only ONE song/video in script codes? (or whatever code it is >.<)
    I agree, I thought the feature would be similar to our Photo Albums, or like our "Group" once "See My Blog" is clicked you have a page, that you can design whatever way you want, under TOS rules of course. lol!

A daily diary sounds wonderful. Sometimes "starting" a new thread isn't practical. Many post (thread) do not get more than 100 comments. Not that it did not serve its purpose. If I have a blog and then can subscribe to others blogs or perhaps a central feature that shows which blogs updated last, in descending order of last post; I can put my antidotes of the day, just random questions to passerby or acquaintances.

The fact is Aarin is growing sooner or later the feature should will be available, its a wonderful opportunity for members to socialize on a more personal level. I also feel that Aarin is unique in its content, layout variety offering this feature will keep us innovative, and well ahead of similar forums.

I wouldn't mind testing the feature to see how well it works for those interested, if that were possible.
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 01-10-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Tetsunosuke (L6)Yoshida (L6)Saito PMK (L2)
    Harada (L1)Todo (L1)Sakamoto PMK (L3)
    Tatsu (L4)Yamazaki (L8)Shinpachi PMK (L1)

I don't really see the point in it...

As some ppl said - there are so many places to post already... And as for myself I could almost say there are already too much places to post... I mean, it's getting more and more tiresome to handle all those posts... And the said things are kinda repeating...

But well, since there are many ppl who want blogs, then why not? Everybody just wish to feel comfortable on aarin... So I am not against it, I just think it's not needed...

Kyubi_Uchiha
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
    Agreed. I don't see why we would need such a feature here, when so many users already link to their third party blogs/profiles, etc. Especially with the VM function already in place, and the Community Cafe there for people to open threads in which they can talk about their personal lives.

I know it's not the same, but I think a blog function would only clutter the forum while not being as useful as the rest of the newer additions. If someone wants to have a blog for their friends to read, they can always make one elsewhere. Moreover, if for some reason they wanted a blog only for their aarinfriends, then they can make a separate one on the same site where their other blog may be at.
    I think just the same...voted no >.>

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kakashi (L2)(S007) Reborn(S003) Lelouch
    (S001) Endo
    I vote no. But I might be persuaded if we can import posts from off-site blogs and/or have a feature that will update a user's blog here as the main blog gets updated (but that would be complicated).

I wouldn't disagree with this innovation, but I honestly see myself not using that much should it be added.

KatouYue
    I don't think it's really necessary, and I'd imagine it would make the forum a bit "heavy".

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L8)Naruto Sage (L10)Sasuke (L12)
    DS_004_rightDS_004_midDS_004_left
    Jiraiya (L6)Tsunade (L7)Orochimaru (L5)

Voted no. Don't see it usefulness.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SexyRyu28 View Post
    Voted no. Don't see it usefulness.
    we could collect our ukes there, oh I know babe, lots of people feel that way.

I can see how people that are not active on other sites or here on Aarin may feel this is an unnecessary addition. I really do, understand I'm sure at some point, in this "writers forum" many felt that the "song lyrics forum" was not necessary or the "art" thread.

Now I have not been on Aarin very long, so please do not quote me, I just feel that a few more "options" we can utilize "if" we choose is a good way to grow.

A wonderful book I read, and training seminar I had the pleasure of attending through my employer called "Who Moved My Cheese" That would be a very nice read for anyone opposed to change. Change is inevitable, if not now I am content that soon, Aarin will agree that a profile blog is a step toward the future.

LJ already has one in place for each member. Even if the 'general public' cannot view the content on Aarin w/o an acct. It is plain to me that our forum will one day be considered mainstream. Thus, with as many options in place, that are currently available in mainstream society, it will mean less transition later.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast