aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

I think that if they don't have enough grasp of English to understand that much, then they'd have trouble getting into this forum at all.....

But I only put it up as a suggestion. It was nagging at the back of my head while reading this thread. It's by no means a finished idea, but maybe we can work something out together.

But I don't really think that finding people who are willing to help will be that much of a problem, once there's a definite place to do it. My impression of the people here is that most are very kind and eager to help those who need it.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

One more comment before I´m off to work. Late already.

The sub forums talk was of somewhere way ahead in the future, if ever. We know it won´t be happening now.

Why take like 8 steps at a time and then say it might be too complicated? Of course it would be.

As I said before, I´m all for finding ways to help out, creating a help thread in the introduction section would again create the problem though that people would have to find that thread in all the thousands of threads here in the forum, not easy, especially when you´re new. I have never even visited the introduction section until recently, and I´m around since 2005. But I guess that´s a problem that could be solved, dunno.

I´m not too fond of the pming idea though. After all that leaves pretty much every other person of the forum out if two folks only start conversing via pm and my pm box is always full, I have to delete messages constantly, so that would rather be a hassle, but that may only be me.

I think help threads or forums open to some languages, like blue has said, might be a better idea, but that´s only my idea. Gotta go now.
    Last edited by Lent; 06-29-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by blue_genjutsu View Post
    Your idea is good too, Ferus37, if the word got out to everyone to offer to help those who only speak or read a certain language. The thing though, is to get people to offer to help in the Introduction thread and also elsewhere. Not all new members bother about the Introduction thread, especially if they don't even understand what it is or what it is saying.
    Agree with Ferus - I doubt that there are people who can't read English at all - naturally they won't be joining the forum in the first place.
    --
    Found this Translation Center

blue_genjutsu
    Hmm, but you just posted a link for people to request translations of anime and manga. That has nothing to do with giving people a place to ask for help in finding things or their way around this site, in their own language.

I understand your fear that people will isolate themselves in some certain section of this site but you should have noticed that even english speaking members have already done this here. You have the ones who spend all their time here mostly only in the shoutbox, you have the ones that have their friends chatting with them in only certain threads and they have no clue about the rest of the forums. I see this because some people will create a thread about something (maybe to ask a question) and there is already a forum or topic about it elsewhere. Some people don't even know there is a download section.

chewysweet

well...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lotus View Post
    I just wanted to ask, maybe this is really a stupid idea, but some people I think much don’t post on aarin because they have trouble with the language. And that can be a problem fore some. So my idea was, Howe about language forums were people who have trouble with language can post things in there own language, and specially fore help etc, but also fore chat because then those people can chat a bit too.

I think this will really helps people who just can’t post now because they might have difficulties with the language, at least maybe it doesn’t have to be.

It’s still just an idea.

Greezt
    well...this idea sounds great but then there won't be lots of information at these language sections,will there???won't these people still be at a disadvantage in the end?but i do greatly suport this idea.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Hmm, but you just posted a link for people to request translations of anime and manga. That has nothing to do with giving people a place to ask for help in finding things or their way around this site, in their own language.
    yeah.. I know I was reffered there by a mod once after bringing up a similar topic.

I understand your fear that people will isolate themselves in some certain section of this site but you should have noticed that even english speaking members have already done this here. You have the ones who spend all their time here mostly only in the shoutbox, you have the ones that have their friends chatting with them in only certain threads and they have no clue about the rest of the forums. I see this because some people will create a thread about something (maybe to ask a question) and there is already a forum or topic about it elsewhere. Some people don't even know there is a download section.
    You're right.. that's why I'm afraid that the situation will only degrade if there will be additional reasong for isolation.

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

... um... you all do realize this is sort of like "beating a dead horse"...right?
    (I'm just saying...)

blue_genjutsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    ... um... you all do realize this is sort of like "beating a dead horse"...right?
    (I'm just saying...)
    Yeah, I do. But it never hurts to bring up something that is of big interest to some members. Just in case, things can change in the future.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    (I'm just saying...)
    LOL.. yes.. but aren't we convincing?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

It´s a little funny though (sorry for saying this) that those who say they find it absolutely unnecessary here are english-natives themselves, or so it seems, judging from where you guys come from. So of course you don´t see any difficulty here, which is understandable, still there might be difficulties for other people.
    Hey, this was a little hurtful -- doesn't matter who said it b/c I love her and she's cool and I know she didn't mean it like that. But just b/c I support Aarin's decision does not mean that I am insensitive to non-English speakers. I thought there were good reasons for not doing it, and like Miko said, it's just beating a dead horse now. So now just because I supported the forum admin and agreed that it would be too difficult to moderate (imagine if people are talking about something inappropriate in another language; how can mods and admins react if they cannot understand it?)... just b/c of that, I feel like people are viewing me as a pompous intolerate ass.

I don't mean to be all sensitive, but it can be difficult, being from the country I'm from, and people tend to automatically assume things about me because of it.

LOL.. yes.. but aren't we convincing?
    I think those who initially disagreed with you guys (like the admin herself) still disagree. We just stopped posting because there's no point arguing about this topic.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast