aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

Hehe
    A dead horse can still be put to use, right?

But yes, there's no point in arguing about it....unfortunately I have trouble keeping my nose out of topics that keep popping up like this one did and thought I'd toss in a few words....

blue_genjutsu
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisMS View Post
    So now just because I supported the forum admin and agreed that it would be too difficult to moderate (imagine if people are talking about something inappropriate in another language; how can mods and admins react if they cannot understand it?)... just b/c of that, I feel like people are viewing me as a pompous intolerate ass.
    No one has said you are a "pompous intolerate ass" in this thread. I happen to love you ArtemisMS even when we have differing opinions on things. Like now.

What you said in that quote about there not being anyone to moderate the bad language doesn't really make sense to me, since I and lent have said that there should be a mod or two for each non-english forum anyway. If there are no volunteers, then there could be no mods and no extra forums. But there are also, long standing and respectful members here that have volunteered or would probably volunteer to help out. Even if not in a mod status, they can report a post that breaks the rules. Just like people do now in the english language forums.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

I think those who initially disagreed with you guys (like the admin herself) still disagree. We just stopped posting because there's no point arguing about this topic.
    *cough* I'm exactly on your side .. read my posts

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by blue_genjutsu View Post
    No one has said you are a "pompous intolerate ass" in this thread. I happen to love you ArtemisMS even when we have differing opinions on things. Like now.

What you said in that quote about there not being anyone to moderate the bad language doesn't really make sense to me, since I and lent have said that there should be a mod or two for each non-english forum anyway. If there are no volunteers, then there could be no mods and no extra forums. But there are also, long standing and respectful members here that have volunteered or would probably volunteer to help out. Even if not in a mod status, they can report a post that breaks the rules. Just like people do now in the english language forums.
    Sorry for being so sensitive... it's just, well, you know how it is, being from this sometimes stupid country.

Hmm, I still think... I mean, if I were the admin, I would feel very uncomfortable about having part of my forum in a language I could not understand. But anywho, I don't feel like debating b/c I'm PMSing right now and am likely to bite someone's head off if they disagree with me rawrr!!! I had to stop replying in the bishie elections thread because I was like spitting fire over people's choices LOL Back off, Artemis...

*cough* I'm exactly on your side .. read my posts
    pshaw! Details, details

blue_genjutsu
    LOL, ArtemisMS! I understand! Sometimes when you feel that way it is best to take a breather. I get that way, too, sometimes.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

YAY, beating a dead horse .... err, sort of and that sounds kinda mean ... I´d never do that.

Hey, this was a little hurtful -- doesn't matter who said it b/c I love her and she's cool and I know she didn't mean it like that. But just b/c I support Aarin's decision does not mean that I am insensitive to non-English speakers. I thought there were good reasons for not doing it, and like Miko said, it's just beating a dead horse now. So now just because I supported the forum admin and agreed that it would be too difficult to moderate (imagine if people are talking about something inappropriate in another language; how can mods and admins react if they cannot understand it?)... just b/c of that, I feel like people are viewing me as a pompous intolerate ass.I don't mean to be all sensitive, but it can be difficult, being from the country I'm from, and people tend to automatically assume things about me because of it.
    Lol, Artemis, if there´s something I´d never do is calling you that, nor was I intending to call anyone here or assuming things. I was just trying to state my perspective, awkwardly maybe.^^ I guess (I don´t know ) if I was an english native speaker I wouldn´t always be aware of how hard things can be for some who don´t speak the language that well. Even for me (and I´m really learning english for a long time now) it´s still often hard to express myself in a language that is not my first one and I have to rethink and re-edit some posts endlessly before I´m happy with them and sometimes I am not even happy with them but I end up posting them anyways because I get frustrated with endless editing. And then thinking how hard it might be for some others who don´t know a language well, it´s certainly kind of intimidating. And noone was talking about unmoderated sections where people can go wild in their own language and do what they want to do. It´s rather like blue said, moderated bits, either by mods with the help of forumers or sort of "stand-in" mods made of long-time or respected members who know the language and do understand the basic rules of this forum. But of course this is just an idea and I think there´s nothing wrong with discussing it even though we know it won´t happen now. Still, something good may come out of it for the future anyway.

Gah, and PMS makes me want to kill people on a regular basis, but I wanna spare the boys in this discussion from more details ... err, and I guess it´s off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_genjutsu View Post
    Exactly, that´s what I meant ( and I hope I was able to bring it across ).

Lol, why am I posting here this much, it seems it´s something I feel very strongly about, how surprising, but I guess I should leave it for now since I´m at work.
    Last edited by Lent; 06-29-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Sesshoumaru (L7)Tsuruga (L9)Fye (L10)
    Pray for JapanHikaru (L1)Kurogane (L4)
    MokonaAkira (L2)Byakuya (L7)

I haven't read all the posts here (because I'm waaay to lazy. and tired.) so I don't know what's the decision about it, but I think it's a great idea!

If the mods and admins decide to cancel it, I have a suggestion: Why don't everyone who wants to help just write uhm.. somwhere what languages they speak, so people who need help can ask them or just chat. (Do you think I should suggest it to Aarin?)

English is not my first language, but I'm doing fine (I hope) I also speak Russian and Hebrew. Oh and a very little Arabic. If I stay here for a few years then you can add German and Japanese to the list ^^'''
    So if there's any need for help in explanations and such, I'm here

Sheesh.. I gotta go and drown myself in a pool.. It's ****ing 44 C here.. way too hot to live
    Last edited by SashiSama; 06-29-2007 at 01:10 PM.

marie26lou
    I'm not an English speaker, and I'm not really good in English but I don't mind writing in English. It's just that sometimes it's hard for me to understand what is written like the expression " beating a dead horse". I tried to find what it means in the dictionary but I didn't get any results and I still don't understand what it means.
    So I like the idea about people who could help others to understand some posts.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Quote Originally Posted by marie26lou View Post
    I'm not an English speaker, and I'm not really good in English but I don't mind writing in English. It's just that sometimes it's hard for me to understand what is written like the expression " beating a dead horse". I tried to find what it means in the dictionary but I didn't get any results and I still don't understand what it means.
    So I like the idea about people who could help others to understand some posts.
    Beating a dead horse basically means doing or discussing something that has already been decided so it is kinda futile...

But it is fine to discuss things of course, yet I just want to point out once more that there won't be multi language sections in this forum. That isn't my personal opinion, but the one that is the result a discussion over several months within the team. It is Aarin's decision in the end because she is the person responsible for this forum.

These are some, but not all points that lead to that decision:

The site owners are legally responsible for the forum and its content. Therefore it is important and only fair that Aarin and Dai-kun as the site admins have full control about what is going on here. It makes a difference whether the site owner leaves some things to mods or has no way to check for him or herself the content of the forum.
    As it is now, the admins can step in any time and check what is going on and can also take a look when mods ask them for opinion or help. In multi section forums that will not be possible and the admins have to trust blindly that things are going well and the mods do a good job. Imagine that there is a quarrel and the forumer isn't content with the treatment by the section mod. He or she can complain to the admins, but they cannot check what happened themselves. And if the forumer cannot express himself in English to some degree, he cannot even address the admins unless they incidentally speak the language...

Furthermore, one of the forum's great advantages is that people from all kind of nations gather here because of their love for yaoi and BL, not because of their nation. It is fine to have nation related threads like in the Chit Chat section, but to keep these threads open to all people interested (I mean, how many of us don't know Japanese but still are interested in getting in touch with Japanese and their culture) by using one common language is better than creating secluded places inaccessible to others.
    Furthermore, which and how many sections should be allowed? We have so many nations here that it would end up similar to a UN symposium because if we allow one section, we basically have to allow all as long there is one person who wants to act as section mod.

I do understand that some people are afraid to be active here because they don't trust their language skills. I for myself am not a native speaker and also know from other languages I only have limited skills in that it is very hard to dare to speak up. There are more people active here who aren't native speakers than many people are aware of.
    But I have never seen in this forum (in comparison to some other forums) that someone was mocked for his or her English skills. So if people get enough of a discussion or topic to want to add their opinion, most people will be kind and understanding.

And even with a special section for people who don't know enough English to get by in the English sections, these people would be secluded to this place. Any problem they have with files, forum functions, mod actions, understanding the rules, questions on manga, anime,... will have to be passed through another party. Ceating forum sections for that isn't effective.

Yet it is a good idea to be helpful to people that have some difficulties here.
    Anybody who wants to do that can either use their signature or profile to show people what languages you are familiar with or with what you can help

Yaoi Legend

Savings

(S003) LelouchCiel (L5)Abe (L2)
    Mihashi (L2)Yuuri (L2)Wolfram (L1)
    Teito (L4)Mikage (L8)

So in other words (sorry to put it this way) it's like sorry folks but find someting elsewere we cant help you with anything, go find a other place or learn english.

But yea i'm the type to have his heart in his mouth and speaks with it, if you never shoot you always will miss. thaths my way of view.

but yes if this is beating a dead horse it probaly don't matter what to say, but i just thought that fore many people on aarin it would help. because they don't might have opminended forums to go to and the only forum they know only speaks english "that make me feels a kind sad, because i want everyone to speak freely about this subject.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast