aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

Quote Originally Posted by Milwaen View Post
    In another language you cannot find the right words and the right tone - I've tried so I know (but I didn't post what I wrote :-$ because I know that it can't be as good as a native English speaker's writings). Yeah, I know that you start to bring up loads of examples of fics written by non-native speakers But imagine how these fics would be if they were written in the author's mothertongue *sighs*
    Personally I have to say that my fics are quite a bit better in English than they would have been if I wrote them in my native language Norwegian. Norwegain lacks a lot of nuances that English possesses...
    But why would you be afraid to post your fics just because they MIGHT not be as good as one written by a native English speaker? You don't HAVE to be BEST at everything you do, do you?
    I'm positive that my own stories are no where near as good as a lot of the other fics posted here, but why should that stop me from posting my own? SOME people might like them, and I'm sure some would like yours too. And if you need help perfecting it, so to speak, there are people willing to help you.

Lent, do you remember where that fanfic discussion was? I would like to read people's thoughts on it... and if possible share my own.... you've seen what I'm like

The list sounds like a good idea though... why not just make a thread in the chit-chat section and see who signs up? It would be far easier for the mods to make an eventual list if they knew who is willing to help out the people in their own language. To just make a list without people's consent would be wrong....some really don't want you to know where they live and what language they speak.
    Yes, they could probably make it a part of the choices in your profile, like whether or not to display your age, but I'm guessing that would mean a lot of extra work for the admins and mods. I'm more for letting the people who actually want it do the work, instead of pushing it on someone else. But maybe that's just me...

But if I may ask a question.... WHY is it so important to have Aarin in more languages than English? (this thread keeps popping up like a mole in a whack-a-mole game) Personally...as I think I've stated before...I wouldn't enjoy at all being excluded from different parts of the forum. I like being able to play everywhere...

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Asami (L10)(S022) IasonYoshimi Suda (L10)
    Akihito (L10)(S021) RikiMasahiro GnK (L9)
    Rintarou Noe (L8)Tohru Suki (L4)Akito GnK (L9)

You're right, Ferus37, I don't have to be the best author - I didn't mean it at all!!! I just wanted to say that written art can be fully expanded in your mothertongue, that's all. On the other hand, I can understand what you say, but I'm sure that your English has reached a very high level *bows in front of Ferus37* and this is what allows you to write your stories. Not everybody has this fortune... I just wanted to bring up this issue because I think there're lots of people who'd like to write but don't dare.

At this point I'd like to thank to everybody who's helped me with my English!!! (I don't know if they read this thread )

And yes, I agree with you: we can't put everybody's name on a list without their permission - otherwise we'd violate privacy. The idea of a specialized thread sounds good

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferus37 View Post
    But if I may ask a question.... WHY is it so important to have Aarin in more languages than English? (this thread keeps popping up like a mole in a whack-a-mole game) Personally...as I think I've stated before...I wouldn't enjoy at all being excluded from different parts of the forum. I like being able to play everywhere...
    Well, the answer to above question have all been given in this thread already. My initial answer to your question and my reason to post in this thread at first was a) why not? and B) this is an international forum so why not show it?
    Have you ever noticed that the majority of peeps posting here are europeans and americans? The reason behind the fact that the majority of people posting here is of said origin is because we either have english as a first language and or learn it in school from a very young age. I have said before that a friend of mine from Vietnam whom I introduced to this forum rarely posts here because she's uncomfortable with her english. She's a lawyer in her own country, a person with a college education, yet she feels ashamed about posting in a forum for japanese pop culture because of such a trivial thing as language. And I know there are a lot more people out there who certainly feel the same and since this forum is such a nice community and I have been having loads of fun here I always have this feeling that whilst I'm having fun here a lot of people are left out. So it was never about excluding anyone, but rather the fact that some people are already excluded from most of the things going on here. About your suggestions though, let me say one thing, don't make it so complicated! ^^ We were giving suggestions while you are already planning the whole thing out.

About the fanfics, the question was raised during the last contest and questions pop up time and again whether there should be other languages allowed in the fic section. So it's rather lot of small discussions than one big one but if you remember our discussion for the contest, the question was raised there as well. As for writing in different languages, the question is not whether one wants to be the best in what he/she posts but simply that most people would be more comfortable in writing in their own language, as Milwaen said.

The idea of languages as a whole, well, I would think it's nice if it was acknowledged that there's a variety of nations on this board so giving people an outlet to do something in their own language would be a means to do that and maybe help spreading love for yaoi and BL even further. That was my initial thought of supporting this idea. Since we've been given the answers already I concern myself more with the Drama CD section these days, hoping to help to keep it updated with titles there, as this is my other passion when it comes to BL and yaoi. I will certainly give my name for a list with languages for this forum but apart from that, all has been discussed already, hasn't it?
    Last edited by Lent; 07-20-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

(S003) LelouchCiel (L5)Abe (L2)
    Mihashi (L2)Yuuri (L2)Wolfram (L1)
    Teito (L4)Mikage (L8)

Well i just hope maybe in the furutere someone from the staff can look this over, just to check if there is a way to do it ^ i alays say you never know until you try ^^

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

Hmm....seems my point about the writing was lost....
    My point is really that you should not be afraid of posting just because you think someone else is better than you... Maybe that person thinks that you are better than them when you first make the post. It's a matter of taste.
    I just feel that life is far too short for insecurities... Jump into it and if you wipe out then it doesn't matter! EVERYONE makes and ass of themselves hundreds of times during their lives, so there's no reason to fear doing it yourself! Whether it be posting stories or posting bad English...
    I'm constantly making an ass of myself.... proven lots of times on this forum... sometimes I write before I think...and have to go back and fix my mistakes afterwards... like now...

About the ideas I've posted here... I am not planning it out...I've aired ideas that occured to me while reading this thread...it's just that my ideas are often somewhat detailed... and I rant a lot... I haven't really given this a lot of thought (as I think might be obvious in my wording sometimes...It has not been my intention to offend anyone...) other than that I love having this forum purely in English...

I don't know....maybe it's just my preferance for English in general that blocks my understanding of this subject and of the people who have problems with the language.... It IS the most widespread international language there is... I'm trying...but frankly I'm not all that good a person.... I'm afraid I can be quite selfish and biased...
    But I'll most likely put my name on the list too. Like I said...I'm trying...

But what gets me is the attitude I've seen here... not one in particular, but in general... A "Let's help out as long as it means a minimum of effort from me" attitude... There are ways of doing this that would mean very little effort from any mods and more effort from us... all that would take is permission... I haven't worked out the details on that...probably not my place to do so either...but I am positive there is a way of doing it.

And if I offended anyone with that statement I am sorry.... but I had to say it... it was driving me insane... (like I said...I'm selfish...)

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Okay... I'm going to close this thread. This topic has been discussed to death. This thread has apparently outlived it's usefulness. Now everyone's just going around and around in circles and... bad feelings are starting to surface.

Bottom Line:
    We know what has been decided.
    If the staff ever needs to revisit the issue in the future - an announcement will be made.

A staff member can re-open this thread if needed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678