aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lotus View Post
    but yes if this is beating a dead horse it probaly don't matter what to say, but i just thought that fore many people on aarin it would help. because they don't might have opminended forums to go to and the only forum they know only speaks english "that make me feels a kind sad, because i want everyone to speak freely about this subject.
    I do understand the legal and control aspect but yeah... I also wish we could do more. Sigh. And opening own forums in other languages is not really something I desire, since it would only split the scene rather than enforce it. Ah well...

Yaoi Legend

Savings

(S003) LelouchCiel (L5)Abe (L2)
    Mihashi (L2)Yuuri (L2)Wolfram (L1)
    Teito (L4)Mikage (L8)

Aarin is just the community were everyone is who he/she is, so fore most people this community is like a dream. because no one will say you crazy or dumbass etc everyone is the same. Eqaul to each other.

blue_genjutsu
    Thank you Yavannah! I understand all the points you and Aarin and Dai have made. I think it is a good idea for people that speak other languages and want to help others that don't understand english that well, to put in their sigs, what languages they know and that they can be contacted for help if needed.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

TotoroSpacer 1Spacer 1
    ToothlessSpacer 1Uri
    Spacer 1Aki (L7)Akizuki (L6)
    I am in a forum where there are non-English sub-forums. The criteria is that there has to be several people requesting a forum in that language. In addition, only people who understand/speak the language can participate in the forums. Basically they are allowed to run on their own. There have been no major problems and the members tend to participate more in the site in general because they feel appreciated.

Yeah someone could become a mod, but let's face it we are not speaking of children. The rules of the regular forum still apply.

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Sesshoumaru (L7)Tsuruga (L9)Fye (L10)
    Pray for JapanHikaru (L1)Kurogane (L4)
    MokonaAkira (L2)Byakuya (L7)

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannah View Post
    Yet it is a good idea to be helpful to people that have some difficulties here.
    Anybody who wants to do that can either use their signature or profile to show people what languages you are familiar with or with what you can help
    Yes, that's exactly what I suggested^^
    So come on, people- Help!

knepri
    altough this is a english speaking forum we could use the help from babelfish, that website can translate whole websites into diffrent languages and that would be great i use it to understand some japanese, chinese websites and it works fine...did anyone say this already? if someone did, im sorry, i didnt read most of the posts...

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Another option - which is probably inelegant but helpful enough is dictionary.com's translator script - just go to the webpage and copy and paste your text for translation.

I've used it a time or two - seemed helpful enough - but I can't really vouch for it, as I only speak english.

It's not like there aren't many such resources available to people - it just requires a some extra effort on the user's part... in finding these resources and making use of them - that is.

Another One:
    freetranslator.com
    Last edited by Miko; 06-30-2007 at 12:48 PM.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Mouri (chibi) (L1)(S013) AkihitoFuuta (L1)
    Genji (L1)Naruto Sage (L10)(S020) Yokozawa
    Pray for JapanNyankoFrau (L1)
    Okay, I read this thread yesterday (YES, all of it ) and thought that you all were pretty much beating a dead horse.... And I really thought that that signature thingy wouldn't make a difference....

But today I got a PM from a french speaking member asking for help.... It really proves what Black Lotus and other members were talking about...

SIGGY RULZ!!!! Let's all follow SashiSama's example!!

blue_genjutsu
    Yep, people do look at sigs so that would be a great way to let people know you want to help them. Good job, Crystal!

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Mouri (chibi) (L1)(S013) AkihitoFuuta (L1)
    Genji (L1)Naruto Sage (L10)(S020) Yokozawa
    Pray for JapanNyankoFrau (L1)
    **strikes good guy pose** *o*bbbb

I feel so proud of myself helping people

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast