aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Edokun519 View Post
    This I disagree with just 'cause it'd put the rest of us at a disadvantage. A lot of the setmakers would start just making high roller auctions with sets that non-high rollers would want but can't get. This would just further enunciate the difference between the high point keepers and the lower point keepers. =[

Not to mention people like me who aren't poor but in no way could keep up with bidders with 50 million plus points.

I think that in the auctions it more or less should just be a matter of personal point regulation as opposed to actually putting in rules. If everyone bid like they couldn't afford to spend a million points on a set then that would just work itself out on its own.
    Oh I didn't mean that new rules should exist; just that it could be something at the discretion of each auctioneer

But like, (example), the thing is, you can't keep up with me in an auction anyway, so we're sort of stuck in the same situation. I feel bad for massively outbidding you, so I just stay out of the auction altogether. And thus my points don't get spent, and I just gather up more and more and more interest.

If there were a high roller auction I could bid on, then I'd be dropping millions a day, and putting more points into the system, rather than just sitting on them.

But speaking of rules, maybe we'd HAVE to instigate rules, so that auctioneers wouldn't make auctions JUST for high rollers, making it impossible for newer members to ever get a chance to bid.

So maybe something like one high roller auction per month per auctioneer or something. And the rest have to be regular auctions??

I want a yaoipet, too ... would they be bishies (bishettes??) or just mascots? Oh man, I want to be able to feed my chibi Byakuya and buy him new hairbrushes and silk jammies and little treats to nibble on...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Roxas (L4)Batman (L1)Kakashi (L10)
    (S010) JokerButters (L4)Quatre (L6)
    Muraki (L8)Iruka (L8)Edward (L5)

Thanks everyone so much for the support already

I wanted to also add that we could just start out with one idea first (i.e. yaoipets) to test this out rather than test this and three other ideas. That way, if we do this, the input back to the staff/mods can be focused on this one idea we're trying out regarding how much it fails/works.

I know mods are busy (who doesn't know this??) but just like we have Forum Support staff, I know many of us are willing to help with that aspect if it becomes necessary

Thanks again! Please continue to put your input!

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

we have been thinking of other things for ppl to spend points on.

Though anything that requires coding of the forum is up to Dai

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Bertholdt (L8)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Reiner Braun (L5)Hange SnK (L7)Levi (L10)
    Yatogami (L6)Levi SnK (L7)Eren SnK (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    Oh I didn't mean that new rules should exist; just that it could be something at the discretion of each auctioneer

But like, (example), the thing is, you can't keep up with me in an auction anyway, so we're sort of stuck in the same situation. I feel bad for massively outbidding you, so I just stay out of the auction altogether. And thus my points don't get spent, and I just gather up more and more and more interest.

If there were a high roller auction I could bid on, then I'd be dropping millions a day, and putting more points into the system, rather than just sitting on them.

But speaking of rules, maybe we'd HAVE to instigate rules, so that auctioneers wouldn't make auctions JUST for high rollers, making it impossible for newer members to ever get a chance to bid.

So maybe something like one high roller auction per month per auctioneer or something. And the rest have to be regular auctions??

I want a yaoipet, too ... would they be bishies (bishettes??) or just mascots? Oh man, I want to be able to feed my chibi Byakuya and buy him new hairbrushes and silk jammies and little treats to nibble on...

That's just adding loads of more rules, though, which'll make it less fun D:

And I /could/ keep up, but that's what I'm saying with taking personal responsibility. If you bid like you COULDN'T afford to bid up by 100k or more each time, say by only bidding up 1k or so like the rest of us do then it's completely the same as if you were bidding with only 10 million to spend. I mean, I've lost sets to people with less than 1 million points before because I don't superbid them out of the competition. You'd just have to go in with the mindset that you want to bid like you don't have all these points to spend. Cabbit loses sets to people with less points all the time 'cause she bids like this unless it's for a gift. She only ever does massive bids for gifts, which no one ever complains about because she's doing it as a present for another.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Edokun519 View Post
    That's just adding loads of more rules, though, which'll make it less fun D:

And I /could/ keep up, but that's what I'm saying with taking personal responsibility. If you bid like you COULDN'T afford to bid up by 100k or more each time, say by only bidding up 1k or so like the rest of us do then it's completely the same as if you were bidding with only 10 million to spend. I mean, I've lost sets to people with less than 1 million points before because I don't superbid them out of the competition. You'd just have to go in with the mindset that you want to bid like you don't have all these points to spend. Cabbit loses sets to people with less points all the time 'cause she bids like this unless it's for a gift. She only ever does massive bids for gifts, which no one ever complains about because she's doing it as a present for another.
    I see ... I am duly chastened

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by cabbit_girl View Post
    we have been thinking of other things for ppl to spend points on.

Though anything that requires coding of the forum is up to Dai
    Yes, we do keep that in mind! Thank you for posting here There's no pressure on Dai. We're just throwing out ideas to help out.

I'm sure there many members have ideas too that haven't even be shared yet so hopefully we get more input. Hoping for the best!

Regardless, we appreciate the time mods take to look up our ideas.

Yaoi Lover
    Chasing after the white rabbit and immortality
    Savings

Sani (L9)Cloud (L9)Stājyun (L9)
    Vincent (L8)Coco (L9)Toriko (L9)
    Zebra (L9)Kabu (L8)Jiji

I agree with the idea of another thing to spend out points on.
    Also, many of the replies. The contest points are raising because the price of everything else is raising. These days sets go for millions and not all of us can keep up with those prices. So in order for those of us who can't even afford sets anymore these days, we should be able to have something else to spend our points on , which would allow us to decorate our signature space and such.It might also decrease the demand on sets and lower their prices.
    The prices of these things should be regulated BY AARIN. So they don't suffer inflation with everything else.

@ Edo: Even though people lose to others with less points all the time, there are times and occurrences where a bidder will bump the the bid by 1 million or 500k or sometimes 2 million. For someone with only 4millions points like me, that's a HUGE price to pay for ONE set.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Bertholdt (L8)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Reiner Braun (L5)Hange SnK (L7)Levi (L10)
    Yatogami (L6)Levi SnK (L7)Eren SnK (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCoffee View Post
    @ Edo: Even though people lose to others with less points all the time, there are times and occurrences where a bidder will bump the the bid by 1 million or 500k or sometimes 2 million. For someone with only 4millions points like me, that's a HUGE price to pay for ONE set.
    that's what I'm saying, lol! If people stopped bidding like that then this wouldn't be an issue at all. I keep using her as an example because she's an excellent one. Cabbit has more points than God, really. But she doesn't place massive bids like that unless she's winning that set as a present for someone. She bids fair and square like the rest of us and it works out. If other people with large amounts of points could also control their spending fairly like cabbit does, then the entire issue of people 'waterloo' bidding sets out of an affordable range for the rest of us becomes a nonissue.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Guys, I am sorry I brought the auction idea up; I thought it would be a nice solution >.< Can we please stop talking about it? I get that everyone is upset with me for bidding high ... I really didn't know it was such a problem or that people were upset.

I can't bid on auctions because I'm not around enough to bid at the very end, so that's why I bid high. If people know that bidding high isn't allowed, then it will stop happening, I'm sure.

No one wants to upset others, especially set-makers! I have plenty of sets to use now, and I'll just go through those as slowly as possible.

Let's take this thread back to the idea of coming up with more ways to spend points

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    Guys, I am sorry I brought the auction idea up; I thought it would be a nice solution >.< Can we please stop talking about it? I get that everyone is upset with me for bidding high ... I really didn't know it was such a problem or that people were upset.

I can't bid on auctions because I'm not around enough to bid at the very end, so that's why I bid high. If people know that bidding high isn't allowed, then it will stop happening, I'm sure.

No one wants to upset others, especially set-makers! I have plenty of sets to use now, and I'll just go through those as slowly as possible.

Let's take this thread back to the idea of coming up with more ways to spend points

Good idea.

Thank you. But people are welcomed to give their input on ideas and that's what you did. Let's focus more on those potential YaoiPets than the auction-I think that issue might be addressed in the other thread anyway

Or any other ideas people want to throw out and whatnot!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast