Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Roxas (L4)Batman (L1)Kakashi (L10)
    (S010) JokerButters (L4)Quatre (L6)
    Muraki (L8)Iruka (L8)Edward (L5)

New Usage for Points

Hello everyone

This is a suggestion I've heard coming up now and then but credit goes to member Crazykim21 for elaborating on this.

The idea really took off after the current rules about capping point usage in the Contest section (read HERE). A point came up about how else can people use their points as we keep gaining more. Many older members, especially, have a lot of points and are limited with what they can really do with them.

So, the suggestion is, maybe the forum can have new usages for points. We have cards as it is but we were thinking of new ideas. Keep in mind these are newborn ideas of a sketch that would require further development. Some ideas were to have an aarin equivalent of neopets. You use points to feed/buy clothes/etc for your bishie and such is just one example.

Another idea was something dubbed "aarinplushies" which serve a similar purpose to decorate your posts (or just for the sake of having them) but would be harder to get than cards (maybe?). Their stock should be less than that of the card inventory as well, which is huge on its own already

Of course, we have to keep in mind how much the server space can handle but hopefully we could implement new ideas (even if only to test out) how we can use points for something other than just cards. The suggestions above are just ideas to use as is or for further inspiration.

I know I would like to be able to use my points for something like that, considering that I'm not too interested in buying cards for myself.

Aarin is expanding so why not expand the fun with points?

Again, it's a very rough idea and it won't be an easy accomplishment but we figured you gotta start somewhere and we just want to get the ball rollin' if we could find new methods for points.

We also know people are busy (ESPECIALLY mods) but we're willing to help out in any way! Thanks for any thoughts, guys
    Last edited by MiraiKurosaki; 09-04-2010 at 06:34 PM.

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

TimcanpyKenshin (L8)Near (L9)
    Pain (L10)Gaara (L3)Riff GC (L1)
    Kouno (L1)Momoshiro (L1)Envy (L2)

Suppport~ <3 xD

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Bertholdt (L8)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Reiner Braun (L5)Hange SnK (L7)Levi (L10)
    Yatogami (L6)Levi SnK (L7)Eren SnK (L9)

I'm seriously all for other ways to use points. If you're not big into submitting cards, your outlets are the contests, auctions and purchasing cards. Or occasionally sponsoring contests. But if contest points are limited then all that's left is auctions and cards?

Plushies = so much win. Oh my god, you don't even know how much I flailed with joy at the idea of that.

Also, if the mods are always so busy (which it seems they always are! D: ) maybe adding a new mod or two would also be helpful. A new mod or two to watch the contests or other things that the rest of the admin/mod team is too busy to always keep a close eye on I think would help ease the pressure on them immensely.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Lelouch (L10)Love (01)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Suzaku (L4)Love (01)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Shima (L7)
    Totally support the idea of "aarinplushies" makes more sense to expand our points usage to something else instead of just cards or contests, ect~

-supports- ;D

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Luffy (L10)X Standard (Black)Zoro (L10)
    Law (L10)Ace (L10)Silvers Rayleigh (L10)
    Yata Misaki (L11)Aizen (L10)Akira Inugami (L10)

I so support the creation of another outlet for point usage. There's only so much auctions/shops/cards can occupy a members time, especially if they have points up the wazoo. And with the cap on contests...what outlet for points is there? Auction? There's already a problem in there with aariners spending MILLIONS on sets, and leaving the poor new members in the dust...

I mean, there's card creations, which in itself takes dozens of millions of points, but even THAT exploded and now its gotten just a little bit crazy up that end. But not all the millionaires/billionaires on aarin are interested in cards or sharing points for such an endeavor.

So, yeah, a new way to use points would be grand. Aarinplushies would be freakin 'AWESOME'. And 'yaoipets'? So much WIN <3!

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Hibari (L9)Kurama (L7)Goku (L6)
    (S009) HaviMitsuhide SB (L3)Giotto (L10)
    Pain (L10)Tsuna (L10)Byakuran (L9)

This makes me think of pixel dolls. Ones that other people could actually spend a lot on that they'd be happy with. I'd love to collect a few, just because I like to collect cute things, and it would at least give us something else to spend our points on.

In the spirit of getting an adorable Byakuran plushie/doll, I support tis entirely XD

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I love both ideas, the plushies and the bishies-pets <3
    I would love to have a yaoi pet that I need to take care and can spoil <3<3

Total Yaoi Freak

Taking a nap with Gin-San...full from eating parfaits...
    Savings

Spacer 1Hozuki (L10)Spacer 1
    Kusuriuri (L10)Spacer 1Sword (L7)
    Habaek (L9)Shiraishi (L9)Ewon (L10)

I'm in support of this idea as well. If we are going to be limited on how much we can use for contests and card giveaways, then we need to have something else to spend these points on. I worked very hard for all of my points, mostly getting them through contests and auctions, and I won't be able to share them as much in contests that I hold now.

I think both ideas sound like they could be a ton of fun. I would love to own a "yaoipet" and the aarinplushies idea sounds really cute and fun.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Oh I also support this idea! I used to play neopets way back when. I loved taking care of the cute horsey and dragony thing I adopted LOL

And yeah we just need more to spend our points on. I am getting bored and don't know what to do with them.

I do have an idea though that's really simple and would require no extra mod assistance, etc. Auctioneers could hold "high roller" auctions where bidders would bid in the millions, alongside "regular" auction so new members could have a chance to win sets, too.

This way rich members could get caught up in the spirit of auction bidding and there'd be lots more movement of points within the system.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Bertholdt (L8)Levi SnK (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)
    Reiner Braun (L5)Hange SnK (L7)Levi (L10)
    Yatogami (L6)Levi SnK (L7)Eren SnK (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    I do have an idea though that's really simple and would require no extra mod assistance, etc. Auctioneers could hold "high roller" auctions where bidders would bid in the millions, alongside "regular" auction so new members could have a chance to win sets, too.

This way rich members could get caught up in the spirit of auction bidding and there'd be lots more movement of points within the system.

This I disagree with just 'cause it'd put the rest of us at a disadvantage. A lot of the setmakers would start just making high roller auctions with sets that non-high rollers would want but can't get. This would just further enunciate the difference between the high point keepers and the lower point keepers. =[

Not to mention people like me who aren't poor but in no way could keep up with bidders with 50 million plus points.

I think that in the auctions it more or less should just be a matter of personal point regulation as opposed to actually putting in rules. If everyone bid like they couldn't afford to spend a million points on a set then that would just work itself out on its own.

I seriously want yaoipets, now, though. I'm all excited for it.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast